vegasrider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Brand Affiliation: North
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: i quit IKO to start kite safe asia KSA

Postby vegasrider » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:12 pm

so this site www.kitesafeasia.com is registered by www.huahinkitesurfing.com, a KBA school - just another money making company then I guess... ?

kiwimike
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pattaya
Favorite Beaches: surfersparadise
Style: all
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiwimike » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:55 am

all kiteschools are profit making companys, if they are run properly. eran from huahin kitesurfing has donated his full time web designer free of charge to set up the new website and he will get some free advertising on the new website. if anyone can offer any further assistance then i would like to hear from you. the accounting books will be published on the website. you will be able to see where any money is coming from or going to. the KSA can not be any more transparent than that.

IKO kitesurfing
Rare Poster

Postby IKO kitesurfing » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:46 pm

IKO announcement of disassociation

This announcement confirms the removal of Mike Allen and KBA Pattaya from the IKO network.

For misconduct during his ITC course held in Pattaya, Thailand. School owner Mr. Mike Allen was suspended as an ITC organizer. In addition his Pattaya School was put on probation pending a compliance check.
Although IKO provided many opportunities to respond, Mr Allen failed to supply justification of why the sanctions should be lifted, or failed to provide adequate proof or answer to the questions raised about his school or explain his conduct that lead to the sanctions. In addition his inexplicable and extremely unprofessional conduct since then resulted in his subsequent loss of head instructor responsibilities, and the suspension of his instructor status.
Even after considering all these sanctions, IKO still provided Mr Allen, with the opportunity to redeem his status, pending a review and site inspection from our Training Master, which scheduled for the end of January. However rather then wait for that inspection and compliance check, Mr Allen decided to seek permanent separation from the IKO. This was entirely his choice. The IKO has subsequently granted his request for separation.
As a result Mike Allen and his school have been requested to cease all representations that they are associated with IKO in any way. All IKO clients such as ITC candidates are advised to deal directly with IKO Office.

The KBA school in Hua Hin has decided to remain an IKO school and continue to host ITC courses. IKO will continue to support them. And deal with them directly. If there are any unsatisfied clients from the Pattaya ITC course they are welcome to contact IKO directly for ongoing support. Or they can contact KBA Hua Hin.
Mr Allen has been advised that there would be a public announcement confirming his official disassociation from the IKO network.

Regards,

IKO Training Committee
Eric Beaudonnat
Fred Bene
David Dorn

kitenaked
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Island - NorCal
Area 51
Style: not naked
Brand Affiliation: Kite Naked, JN Kites, Cabrinha, Shinn & Wainman

Postby kitenaked » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:22 am

Official committee... IKO Fags

aircatcher
Frequent Poster

Postby aircatcher » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:12 am

"Suspended", "probation pending"...Sounds like a powerful authority making statement,but in reality it's another sore lost for IKO financial and image.This trend will continue as more people are waking up now.IKO will disintegrate and vanish soon.

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom

Postby kitesurfbali » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:56 am

Sorry IKO people but you have lost your credibility long time ago!!!
NOW you are coming back against Mike and his school after he denounced your Master Trainer...
He already reported that he try to contact your office fro over one month and I really believe he is done that!!!

Now after all the buzz going on you come back with THIS crap.

Mike please ask the people that were participating that ITC to post here what happen!!!

IKO Shame on you...

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:05 am

No worries, anyone who knows the bare minimum about kitesurfing would rather not be associated with IKO anyway.

chasinthewind
Medium Poster

Postby chasinthewind » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:09 am

IKO bullshit as usual, i even stopped reading that post half way through as its the usual crap they do................lets ignore that and not make this another IKO bashing thread, there are so many on here that its boring! We all know what the inevitable will be with these clowns!

in reply to the OP thread -

Mike,

you have messed yourself up from the beginning!

The fact that you work for KBA, have associated this KSA with KBA and are more than likely fronting this for them will be a sure sign that this will never work. (and when it fails its you that gets the brunt of the backlash.......not them)

KBA have been putting Asian based schools out of business for years now, most of them run by actual Asian locals who have lived on those beaches most of their life.........i believe if you hadn't have joined them the same would probably have happened to you.

Now that it is clear that Eran from KBA is involved, just try and get any of the Kiteschools (that are not run by KBA) to give you their money......fat chance! I doubt it very much that the only interest from KBA is advertising on your site, you said "we" had a meeting to discuss the KSA, who was that "We"? Transparency should be on all levels not only financially.

Try asking the schools on Mui Ne beach to give a KBA driven venture their money, i suppose the railroading of the local schools and the undercutting of distributors through parrallel importing of brands would ensure you get laughed if not kicked off the beach.

you have made a lot of very brave promises in your multiple posts on the new venture you guys are creating, i hope for your sake you follow them through or there will be a few red faces in the end...........promising publishing of your accounts online unfortunately isn't enough, it doesn't take much to list a few figures and publish them, how can that be backed up?

How about the inspections on other schools, the training of instructors and examinations they have to go through, who will front that? What gives you enough knowledge and credibility to walk into another persons school and tell them what is wrong or right? do you have extensive knowledge in this field? are you aware of the local regulations imposed by local governments that affect how each location manages their schools and teach their lessons? have you had adequate training and qualifications to examine the future instructors of Asia?

good luck with all that!

kiwimike
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pattaya
Favorite Beaches: surfersparadise
Style: all
Gear: cabrinha

Postby kiwimike » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:23 am

ok. the KSA is an independent body it is run by sam marks. i am going to help run the KSA in asia while sam works on affiliating the different clubs and organizations who are already doing a great job around the world. while my school is affiliated with KBA i will not be the rep for thailand and the job for quality rep in thailand is open for now.

i had a meeting with sam a few days ago and we discussed

setting up the association
registering a business name
registering website names
international licencing system
seeking funding for launching the KSA

any further meetings and out comes i hope to publish on the kitesafeassociation.com website

i will put some more responses to your questions and statements below

chasinthewind wrote:IKO bullshit as usual, i even stopped reading that post half way through as its the usual crap they do................lets ignore that and not make this another IKO bashing thread, there are so many on here that its boring! We all know what the inevitable will be with these clowns!

in reply to the OP thread -

Mike,

you have messed yourself up from the beginning!

PLEASE DONT CONDEM ME FROM THE BEGINNING. GIVE ME A YEAR IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH WHAT I AM DOING I GIVE YOU MY WORD I WILL QUIT. THIS IS MY PROMISE TO YOU.

The fact that you work for KBA, have associated this KSA with KBA and are more than likely fronting this for them will be a sure sign that this will never work. (and when it fails its you that gets the brunt of the backlash.......not them)

IF THIS FAILS I WILL DESERVE WHAT EVER I GET. I AM 100 PERCENT COMITTED TO THIS PROJECT. MY COMPANY MAGNUMBOARDS.COM IS EVEN FRONTING 5000USD FOR THE START UP CASH. HERE IS MY PRIVATE PHONE NUMBER +66851349588 IN ONE YEAR YOU CAN CALL ME AND VENT YOUR ANGER IF YOU BELIEVE I HAVE FAILED YOU OR KITEBOARDING IN GENERAL.

KBA have been putting Asian based schools out of business for years now, most of them run by actual Asian locals who have lived on those beaches most of their life.........i believe if you hadn't have joined them the same would probably have happened to you.

I AM NOT LOOKING AT PUTTING ANYONE OUT OF BUSINESS AND SAM MARKS THE KSA FOUNDER NOT KBA

Now that it is clear that Eran from KBA is involved, just try and get any of the Kiteschools (that are not run by KBA) to give you their money......fat chance! I doubt it very much that the only interest from KBA is advertising on your site, you said "we" had a meeting to discuss the KSA, who was that "We"? Transparency should be on all levels not only financially.

ANYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW I WILL TELL YOU, ANYTHING I CAN NOT ANSWER I WILL DIRECT TO SAM AND HE WILL ANSWER.

Try asking the schools on Mui Ne beach to give a KBA driven venture their money, i suppose the railroading of the local schools and the undercutting of distributors through parrallel importing of brands would ensure you get laughed if not kicked off the beach.

THIS IS NOT KBA DRIVEN. IN TIME YOU WILL SEE THIS IS NOT A VENTURE BUT AN EFFORT TO FUTURE KITEBOARDING FOR EVERYONE

you have made a lot of very brave promises in your multiple posts on the new venture you guys are creating, i hope for your sake you follow them through or there will be a few red faces in the end...........promising publishing of your accounts online unfortunately isn't enough, it doesn't take much to list a few figures and publish them, how can that be backed up?

COME VISIT MY OFFICE IN PATTAYA THAILAND AND YOU CAN SEE ANY SUPPORTING DOCCUMENTS YOU REQUIRE. INFACT I INVITE ANYONE HERE TO COME VISIT MY OFFICE AND MEET ME OR SAM PERSONALLY AT ANY TIME\. WE CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE AND WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT.

How about the inspections on other schools, the training of instructors and examinations they have to go through, who will front that?

I HAVE APPROACHED SOME MAJOR KITE BRANDS FOR SPONSORSHIP TO HELP COVER SOME COSTS. THE CLUB FEE OF 200 EUROS PER YEAR WILL PARTLY COVER THIS AS WELL. WITH IN ASIA I WILL PERSONALLY MEET EVERY SCHOOL OWNER OR MANAGER AT THE START OF EVERY SEASON TO PRESENT THEM THEIR SCHOOL KIT. SAM WILL ARRANGE OTHER REGIONAL REPS TO VISIT SCHOOLS WITHIN THEIR AREAS.

What gives you enough knowledge and credibility to walk into another persons school and tell them what is wrong or right?

TO BE PART OF THE KSA EVERY SCHOOL WILL NEED TO SIGN A DOCCUMENT TO SAY THEY WILL ADHERE TO THE MINIMUM SAFETY REQUIREMENTS. I WILL SIMPLY DO WHAT I CAN TO SEE THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE BEING MET. THIS IS IMPORTANT DOWN THE ROAD TO TRY TO GET SCHOOLS INSURANCE COVER AND STOP BEACHES FROM BEING BANNED FOR KITING

do you have extensive knowledge in this field? are you aware of the local regulations imposed by local governments that affect how each location manages their schools and teach their lessons?

IT WILL BE THE LOCAL REPS JOB TO LOOK INTO THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS AND BUILD THEM INTO THE MINIMUM SAFETY REQUIREMENTS WHICH THE REGIONAL REP WILL THEN TRY TRY TO MAKE SURE THE INDIVIDUAL SCHOOLS ARE FOLLOWING.

have you had adequate training and qualifications to examine the future instructors of Asia?

I SURE DONT BUT I KNOW SEVERAL EXCELLENT CURRENT EXAMINERS FROM ANOTHER ORGANIZATION WHO ARE KEEN TO HELP OUT IN THAT DEPARTMENT. GUESS WHICH ORGANIZATION.

good luck with all that!
THANKS FOR YOU POST. I HOPE THIS ANSWERES SOME OF YOUR QUESTIONS. WHEN THE WEBSITE IS LAUNCHED IN A FEW DAYS IT IT SHOULD GO ALONG WAY TOWARD ANSWERING THE REST. PLEASE DO NOT CONDEM THIS ORGANISATION BEFORE IT STARTS. JUST GIVE US A ONE YEAR TRIAL. THEN PLEASE DESTROY US ON THIS FORUM IF YOU ARE UN HAPPY.

loeuftok
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loeuftok » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:58 pm

I also wish you good luck.

If you think that any school in Thailand/south east Asia will give money to an organization that is created by KBA, you are dreaming big time.

Everybody in the area know how they are doing business and their standard of teaching.
Apart of the 3 schools that are affiliated with you/them, nobody can accept their methods.

As mentioned above by windchaser, you have discredited yourself already by mentioning your affiliation with KBA...

You have probably good intentions, but you start on the wrong base

Return to “Kitesurfing”