All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best Light Wind Inflatable 2011
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 pm 
Medium Poster

SupaEZ wrote:
Nobody..but nobody would have any fun in OUR waters with wind "sucking" at 5 to 7 knots..on a TT 147x47....with ANY kite !!

Are you sure 100% about those low wind numbers where the "fun happens" in YOUR laboratory waters ?

Can't wait for your answer :wink:

:lol: :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:15 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
Nobody..but nobody would have any fun in OUR waters with wind "sucking" at 5 to 7 knots..on a TT 147x47....with ANY kite !! Are you sure 100% about those low wind numbers where the "fun happens" in YOUR laboratory waters ?
Can't wait for your answer :wink:

Mr. SupaEZ,
5 to 7 knots is not really fun to me or to most of the kiters. But when I arrived to the beach and all these people were seating down with their kites pumped and nothing else to do, I think getting wet by trying some thing new and moving on the INFINITY v3 prototype and he OXYGEN v2 board was exciting to them. They could barely stay up wind, but I least they got wet and were able to plane in light condition, and YES few of them wished for 2 extra knots.
:thumb:

P.S. By the way the OXYGEN v2 is 135x47cm, Not 147cm. :). It would of been nice to have a 166cm x55cm Twin Tip to be able to plane better because even some of the Race boards they had could not go because of the sea weeds catching up on the fins.

Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:09 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

You could design a longer wider TT you know...thanks for correction of typo 147..subliminal thinking...hint hint maybe

Just checked Windfinder Avon NC...the big "H" is over your head i see....WNW wind "one knot"...now that's low end

The calm before the storm as we say...no need for Infinity at the end of this week and weekend...be safe.

Wow....your favorite windspeed (18-35 knots)......and maybe more.....may have to break out an 8,7 ,6...or a 5M

There has always been so many words exchanged about LW........compared to HW....why do you think that is?

Anyway........ enjoy going airborne real soon :D ...............go EZ on the Achille and groin...

The tropical storm Sandy will be around for a few days

We have ENE 17mph here for the past 2 days.....and it will get much stronger through saturday...no need for the 19

.............................................................................. :) .........................................................................................................

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:14 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
You could design a longer wider TT you know...thanks for correction of typo 147..subliminal thinking...hint hint maybe
Just checked Windfinder Avon NC...the big "H" is over your head i see....WNW wind "one knot"...now that's low end
The calm before the storm as we say...no need for Infinity at the end of this week and weekend...be safe.
Wow....your favorite windspeed (18-35 knots)......and maybe more.....may have to break out an 8,7 ,6...or a 5M
There has always been so many words exchanged about LW........compared to HW....why do you think that is?
Anyway........ enjoy going airborne real soon :D ...............go EZ on the Achille and groin...
The tropical storm Sandy will be around for a few days
We have ENE 17mph here for the past 2 days.....and it will get much stronger through saturday...no need for the 19
.............................................................................. :) .........................................................................................................

Yes time to put away the INFINITY v2 and v3 prototype away and get ready for the RENEGADE 5 or maybe use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 kite.
Concerning building a 166x55cm is not worth it for us. This type of board is very good for schools and for people that like to cruise back and forth. And yes you can plane easier then the OXYGEN v2 in very light wind conditions but I rather have a board that is alive and responsive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Dimitri M wrote:
... I rather have a board that is alive and responsive.
And the Oxygen is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:33 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

A bit off topic of kite....but the Oxygen board is what YOU prefer Dimitri...extra short and alive

"What if you sent a survey out there" asking YOUR clients....if they would like more LW TT choices

Do not have to go crazy big... :lol: 165x55..........

Just as an example..North as 3 LW TT sizes...in 2 different materials...the Spike

This offers more choices to their customers....i think that is people like...maybe not what YOU like

Spike sizes....141x44.5......153x46.5.......163x46.5

But for Epic'clients maybe one longer size with the same 47cm width ....like a 155 or 160

.........................:surf: :surf: but for right now no need for LW boards...the wind's picking up :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:03 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Not really, why go bigger then the oxygen when that is pretty big already. I think i would rather try a skim board something like that in lower winds.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:04 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Yes the OXYGEN v2 is an amazing board. We always worked with the demand and with what kiters need for their kite gear. This is why we are sold out of OXYGEN v2 boards.
Most people are not interested in boards bigger then their GOLF BAGS. This is why the OXYGEN v2 is perfect for their light wind board. Not only it planes in such light wind and it is very alive but it's also small enough to fit in their golf bag for traveling. Any way should have more OXYGEN v2 boards in 11 days.

Attachments:
Promotion Oxygen.jpg
Promotion Oxygen.jpg [ 180.65 KIB | Viewed 436 times ]
DSC_0035.jpg
DSC_0035.jpg [ 214.36 KIB | Viewed 436 times ]
DSC_0059 1.jpg
DSC_0059 1.jpg [ 377.35 KIB | Viewed 436 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:40 pm 
Frequent Poster

Here is a picture that my wife took of Dimitri kiting the Infinity V3 and an SUP in about 2-3 mph of wind. I also flew the kite in these winds and really couldn't believe it! It really just didn't make sense how the kite could stay up in the air....

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.29 MIB | Viewed 302 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Do I see a Go Pro in Dimitri's mouth?? :lol:

[ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next