Who has a sketchy launch area?

Forum for kitesurfers
foam-n-fibre
Frequent Poster
Gear: DIY boards and OR kites
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Who has a sketchy launch area?

Postby foam-n-fibre » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:00 am

Bloah's launch looks pretty nasty. The question is, though, what is above the eroded edge? if it is nasty there too, I think he wins. If its a nice field with lots of room, then I think Starsky can give him a good run for his money. I know the launch Starsky is describing, and it's pretty nasty, with lots of obstacles on shore too. Not as much broken concrete and rebar, but no shortage of steep rocky stuff with only a few spots to come ashore.

Peter

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider
Has thanked: 0

Re: Who has a sketchy launch area?

Postby waynepjh » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:37 am

This launch at palisades dam is pretty sketchy! Torn a few holes in my wetsuit getting pulled down the hill. We can self launch and land here. We have an anchor on the big log and a small grassy spot that fits a kite resting on its wingtip. The wind here is as steady as it gets and thats the only reason we can pull it off. kite wyoming!
:jump:
Attachments
epic dam-4.jpg
epic dam-4.jpg (78 KiB) Viewed 387 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”