Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Egypt

Postby Toby » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:25 pm

Btw, how was Element in El Gouna?
Visited the construction but didnt ride there.
Deep enough, no rocks or reefs?

Looked awesome and should be the station of the future in El Gouna, since Mangroovy beach will be construction site soon.

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

Postby shawn13 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:18 pm

Toby wrote:Btw, how was Element in El Gouna?
Visited the construction but didnt ride there.
Deep enough, no rocks or reefs?

Looked awesome and should be the station of the future in El Gouna, since Mangroovy beach will be construction site soon.
They had the official opening when I was there. You can ride 3 km over the reef right from element into the red sea which is awesome. So flat. Also there were maybe 10 riders because it hadnt officially opened so i had all the space i wanted. Alot nicer than the chaos in the waters downwind...

Redsea and the two other centers will be moving by Element when the construction starts i was told.

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Just asking here but isin't avoiding the place the way for the layman to tell their government and their population: fix that shit, it needs to come from the inside. More soldiers, more bombers, is it the answer to everything?

In Brazil, some populations kicked the drug dealers out of their favela saying: you are just not welcome here.

How can we pay tribute to those who just died in that plane that desintegrated in the sky? By going kiting there and say " cool the spots are empty".

I think I prefer to go on vacation where people share my values a bit more, where my presence will not annoy them. We are annoyed in our respective country by some behaviours.

There is a reason why the spots are empty... Too many innocents died and my tribute to them is going elsewhere. The people need to tell those jerks: you are not welcome, we do not want you in our country, these are not our values.

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

Postby shawn13 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:48 pm

flipper231 wrote:Just asking here but isin't avoiding the place the way for the layman to tell their government and their population: fix that shit, it needs to come from the inside. More soldiers, more bombers, is it the answer to everything?

In Brazil, some populations kicked the drug dealers out of their favela saying: you are just not welcome here.

How can we pay tribute to those who just died in that plane that desintegrated in the sky? By going kiting there and say " cool the spots are empty".

I think I prefer to go on vacation where people share my values a bit more, where my presence will not annoy them. We are annoyed in our respective country by some behaviours.

There is a reason why the spots are empty... Too many innocents died and my tribute to them is going elsewhere. The people need to tell those jerks: you are not welcome, we do not want you in our country, these are not our values.
I think you misunderstood. Element is empty because it wasn't actually open, and Tawila if an hour and a half boat ride from the kite stations. there were tons of kiters at the kite centers in the mangroves, i bet like 150 kites on the water at one time. thats the chaos i was referring to.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:14 pm

I think it is too easy to say just tell bad people to stay away...this IS shit won't back off.
And they are spreading all over Europe now...

BigBafana
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BigBafana » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but now Hurghada in Egypt was hit by another IS attack injuring three tourists. So for anyone trying to sweet-talk the country and the tourism areas of being safe what do you have to say know. Will you still try to convince us of going there or will you try convincing yourself for once of the shite situation.

I feel really bad for anybody that is living off tourism, and especially all the beautiful kite camps and spots but its time to open your eyes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ghada.html

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:03 am

Sad news indeed.

And backing of from going there is exactly what they want...leading to more people without job who will follow them.

If you ask me, I still think Hurghada is safer than any European country now, eg France...

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:52 am

Toby wrote:Sad news indeed.

And backing of from going there is exactly what they want...leading to more people without job who will follow them.

If you ask me, I still think Hurghada is safer than any European country now, eg France...
Couldn't disagree more.

260 Dead from the plane bombing now this although BB guns and knives still an upset.

When I visited years ago I personally found the groups of young men hanging around in gangs to be confrontational.

Darkside
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
El gouna
Soma bay
Style: freeride
Gear: Slingshot 2015 rally's 9 12 14
Slingshot vision twin
Shredtown bindings
Slingshot celeritas

Postby Darkside » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:21 pm

I personally have visited Egypt (hurghada el gouna makadi bay) 12 times since November 2011
And also have a property in hurghada, On many occasions with my partner and our children and at no point have I ever felt threatened intimidated or in fear

I think fear is the key word here, ie lack of accurate factual information creates confusion and fear
And our media outlets are masters of promoting inaccurate information which creates fear.
If you follow our governments advice 75 percent of the worlds country's have a terrorist threat and we shouldn't really travel anyplace

So in short we should all be on hyper alert for terrorist activity and we are all vunerable and should be frightend .?

Hmm because my biggest fear and threat to my way of life is slightly different here are just a few eg samples
20% vat
Rising gas bills
Rising electric bills
Rising fuel costs
The current state of our education system
The massive cuts in our nhs system
The abundance of legal high substances that are gripping and killing teenagers
Inflation
Food prices
Capital gains tax
Inheritance tax
Property prices
The gap within the rich and poor
The amount of people using food banks
The spiralling cost of unemployment

And the list could go on, so putting things into perspective, we are fed a lot of things by the media that we are told we should be worried in fear and very concerned about unfortunately the reality is right now sat in my kitchen writing this I have more chance of getting struck by a bolt of lightning than getting hurt by terrorists

Sad state of affairs when as kiters we are giving airspace to political spin

Ps not intending to upset anyone by my comments it's just how I feel

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil