Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot Rally Kite Faults

forum for kitesurfers

lucie
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: freestyle
Gear: Airush Diamond kites and Airush Diamond board.

Re: Slingshot Rally Kite Faults

Postby lucie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Wow. Boyfriend and I have both been flying Rallys for 5 months now and not had any of these problems. No inadvertent QR issues. Will inspect metal parts for signs of wear though.

As for the rubbing on the wing tips... I am certain this has not happened on my kites, or on my boyfriend's. Will take pics at the weekend to prove it, and I also log how many flying hours my kites have had.

lucie
Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: Airush Diamond kites and Airush Diamond board.

Postby lucie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Rallys are Rubbish wrote:
Chicken loop, yes correct only made smaller on the Rally this year as far as im aware, not sure why, anyone any ideas?
My understanding was that because the Rally is not designed for unhooking (though it does) it was felt the smaller CL would be fine, and would have the benefit of improving bar throw for people with shorter arms/reach.

A-L
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby A-L » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:18 pm

lucie wrote:Wow. Boyfriend and I have both been flying Rallys for 5 months now and not had any of these problems. No inadvertent QR issues. Will inspect metal parts for signs of wear though.

As for the rubbing on the wing tips... I am certain this has not happened on my kites, or on my boyfriend's. Will take pics at the weekend to prove it, and I also log how many flying hours my kites have had.

How often would you say you have used them?

Glad to hear you havnt had a QR issue, its not pleasant when it happens. Be interesting to see if you have wear marks on the wingtips, take a look near the bar pressure marks where the rear attachment points connect, the joining of the blue pigtail to the white loop on the kite causes a large knot that has rubbed through mine.

Regards

A-L
Medium Poster

Postby A-L » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 pm

boardrider1979 wrote:I hope you're wrong! I just picked up three Rally's and I love the kites. Inspecting them after work!
I have used this kite every day for around 6 weeks to get this problem, if your kites are still new and not showing marks yet i would advise obtaining some dacron tape and re-enforce the area where the blue pigtail attaches to the white loop on the rear wingtip and hopefully you wont get the same problems. Safe Winds!!

GraemeF
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hythe Kent.
Dymchurch Kent
Greatstone Kent
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne Mauritius
Nyali Kenya
Style: Freeriding Ariel Lawnmower
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Core Distributor

Postby GraemeF » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:54 pm

I'm sorry dude you come across as a man on a mission.

Slingshot has been around a long time and wether it be us at Country level, the dealer or their rider support line they do have a fair reputation for handling any issues that may arise.

We certainly have not seen anything like this from the several hundred Rallys in our market.

Now I do so hope you're not a tool from some other brand on a spoil, because it seriously looks like it from where I'm seated.

Where did you buy these kites what does the store owner say?

Or have you been using them commercially as school kites?

What is your real name and address.

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:11 pm

To all the people here that think they don't or won't have this problem you might want to think again.

For heavier guys aggressive with their bar pulling to load up jump will get this faster than light cruisers etc. eventually it will happen even if it takes a year.
I had this happen 3 years ago on a different brand where they decided to ad a connection point for the line but didn't extend the protection rubber they had under the original attachment.
The brand I flew immediately learned from their mistake and the issues was corrected from that batch of kites forward. This kite was out of a 1st tiny batch for RnD testing.
Anyway my kite was sent to airtime which added Dacron that made it last much longer but still it rubbed through again.

About 6 years ago I had this too with again another brand, they basically sent out kits with 4 peel and stick protection pads.

Just make sure to patch this up early and your Rally should last you a long long time. If I had a Rally I would thank the poster.
For the record I have had only GREAT support for Slingshot on anything I have ever owned from them.

A-L
Medium Poster

Postby A-L » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:45 pm

GraemeF wrote:I'm sorry dude you come across as a man on a mission.

Slingshot has been around a long time and wether it be us at Country level, the dealer or their rider support line they do have a fair reputation for handling any issues that may arise.

We certainly have not seen anything like this from the several hundred Rallys in our market.

Now I do so hope you're not a tool from some other brand on a spoil, because it seriously looks like it from where I'm seated.

Last edited by A-L on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:00 pm

GraemeF wrote:....We certainly have not seen anything like this from the several hundred Rallys in our market.

answer typical to cia or kgb maybe, first deny the case then discredit the source.

well, i don't have a rally for myself. but when i emailed to the producer of one of my kites about some minor flaws (not demanding for exchange or compensation) answer was something like "why do you see all the negative in our product?"
well, i guess their aftersales department doesn't interested in feedback! ok with me. luckily for me i can repair my kite for myself.
but what about the majority of the buyers?

recently we were kindly informed about the evolving the Slingshot marketing team.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2369038
what a relief! now they can more easily convince us to buy their kites by means of talking, showing colorful pictures and videoclips.

i'd have much more confidence in the brand whose answer would be "we will work on this problem and make sure this won't happen next year".
i know i'm not going to buy rally, at least not this years model. it looks too raw and, imo, it was made just to fill the line with delta kite, not for the real need for it.

Lunacy
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby Lunacy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Just checked my 8m and 10m Rally and they are fine. No sign of any damage sofar. :thumb:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:43 pm

might the difference between the fine kites and the kites that show that wear be that one loop the kite and the others does not?

Looping will case maximum deforming.

Return to “Kitesurfing”