Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot RPM vs Naish Park

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Slingshot RPM vs Naish Park

Postby tautologies » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:27 am

Er Presidente wrote: the Octopus system SUX.
I don't understand the hangup on the octo system. Did you ever have any problems with it that was hard to fix? :D
Have you tried to change a bladder? I recently changed a strut on my park, and it was done absolutely no time. Pretty much took 1 min longer than I would have used with no one-pump. LE on a Park would be no problem since it only has 3 struts. The horizontal orientation of the zipper makes it easy, even for man hands to access the connection.

If I hadn't been so lazy I would have made a vid of how fast it is to change the bladder. Also, in the years I've had the octo system, I've only had to change very few bladders. Never really a problem with the system.

Personally I think the range of the parks are very good. Especially the newer ones. Oh well. I know we'll keep on discussing. :D

Uride2
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Uride2 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:46 am

Same with me on the Octopus system, switched from Naish kites 100% due to Octopus inflation. 3 quivers, from 3 different years, 8 kites; every kite had one-way valves quit working only one-way. Try finding a leak in a kite with non-functioning one-way valves. Get a leak in the any strut and the whole kite deflates. Get a hole in the strut on the water, whole kite deflates, not good...

Loved flying the Naish kites! Loved the graphics. Loved the bar.
Hope to see Naish loose the Octopus System.

6 and 8m Parks and RPM's are awesome Kites to fly! Both are super fun for sure!

Er Presidente
Medium Poster

Postby Er Presidente » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:06 pm

@ Tautologies: thank for your post, but we still waiting for you to say ONE thing you don't like about Naish kites and boards. According to you, Naish are perfect, no matter what.

How can you say that Octopus system is better than the Slingshot OnePump? There is a video on the web which shows how to change octopus bladders. And I think there is a reason why in every Naish kite I have owned (2008-9-10-11) the manual never mentioned "how to repair a bladder"....

Naish are FANTASTIC kites, and I hope designers read the forum and appreciate their users input. Remember North and their crazy 2 stage inflation (one for bladder, one for LE)?
At least they were quick enough to switch to the SS one pump right away...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Er Presidente wrote:@ Tautologies: thank for your post, but we still waiting for you to say ONE thing you don't like about Naish kites and boards. According to you, Naish are perfect, no matter what.
This is a tough one, but never no matter what. I think gear is conditionally good. It has advantages and disadvantages. There is no absolutely perfect product. If there was we'd have only one kite.

In terms of usage I have a hangup on quality and that stuff needs to work for what it is designed for. I think I've tried to say this before, but the gear I've tried, if used as designed and it works, then the gear is good. For instance up until now (they are growing on me), I have not been the torches biggest fan (I've liked the 14), but for me to say it is a shitty kite when Langeree and others are doing what they are doing on it would be nonsensical. I can see what it does well...but it have been a little too gnarly for me. We have a lot of different preferences.
For instance I would never take the new fish out in double overhead and expect it to work if you know what I mean, but I have not found design flaws.

As with any gear I've ridden, I try to focus on the positives. For instance, I am looking to get some advice on boots. I've decided on Ronix due to reviews, and due to my testing of a few other boots before that I really did not like. I am not going to start slamming those boots. It really does not do any good, and people feel really offended if someone goes off on their preferred toy.
How can you say that Octopus system is better than the Slingshot OnePump? There is a video on the web which shows how to change octopus bladders. And I think there is a reason why in every Naish kite I have owned (2008-9-10-11) the manual never mentioned "how to repair a bladder"....
See I did not say the octopus. was better than the one pump. I see advantages and disadvantages with both systems as with any gear. Personally I would say the one pump (any) system would not decide my purchase, but given one with and one without a one pump system I would pick the kite with a one pump system. Frankly I think there are so few problems with one pump systems that I find it hard to understand why people even worry about it. On the open c shapes, with only three struts it is definitely not a worry.
Naish are FANTASTIC kites, and I hope designers read the forum and appreciate their users input. Remember North and their crazy 2 stage inflation (one for bladder, one for LE)?
At least they were quick enough to switch to the SS one pump right away...
The North system had a separate hose travelling the whole length of the LE? I do remember that. The justification was the need to have different pressures in struts and LE?

One marketing director guy here (not naming names) used to justify why his company did not have a one pump system when he said he needed different pressure in the individual struts for his kite to work. I'm not sure how he would be able to feel the difference. It really doesn't matter though. :-)

It is all good.

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Marazion and Gwithian
Favorite Beaches: Marazion
Style: Bebinner
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Jdizzle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Anyone know how the C4 compares to the RPM and Park with regards to unhooked and boosting performance?

Sorry to hijack the thread :oops:

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:13 pm

I repaired a damaged bladder yesterday on a 2012 Naish kite and it was very easy, certainly as easy as any one-pump kite with external tubes. Naish improved their strut zipper in 2011. Anyone who thinks octopus kites are difficult to repair is thinking of old ones (which did take a bit longer).

I own three Naish ocoptus kites and three Ozone one-pump kite with external tubes. I prefer the octopus system because it is cleaner (no tubes) and you don't have to remember to pinch off the tubes every time you pump up. The Naish octopus one way valves automatically hold air in the struts if you have a bladder failure on the water.

As for the Park, it is a great kite, very responsive, stable, and forgiving. I am very happy with my 2011's. I haven't tried the 2012's yet.

:wink: CG

peterheirman
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 2002

Postby peterheirman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:33 pm

The C4 Ozone outperforms the RPM and Park.
I don't ride Ozone C4 but Best Nemesis HP and the only kite that can come near in boosting, upwind and jumping is Ozone C4. Then RPM. The Park is no challenge at all to overtake or to jump over.

Return to “Kitesurfing”