Mutiny Kites

Forum for kitesurfers
ryanroberts1983
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mutiny Kites

Postby ryanroberts1983 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Mutiny kites is a design driven brand, striving to produce top quality kitesurfing products. Mutiny's brand values are centered around environmental and social responsibility. Kitehero will be taking on North American distribution for the Mutiny brand and a first shipment is expected to arrive 04/11/11.

More info coming soon!

Attachments
mutiny_wpsar_02_1600.png
Last edited by ryanroberts1983 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kitehero + Mutiny

Postby windybrit » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:51 pm

ryanroberts1983 wrote:Mutiny kites is a design driven brand, striving to produce top quality kitesurfing products. Mutiny's brand values are centered around environmental and social responsibility. Kitehero will be taking on North American distribution for the Mutiny brand and a first shipment is expected to arrive 04/11/11.

More info coming soon!

Looks good.... but does it make me sound like an old grouch to suggest that
spelling is important it's "s a f e t y"

ryanroberts1983
Frequent Poster

Postby ryanroberts1983 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Mutiny kites are now available at Kitehero. We are working on a press releas, keep an eye on the magazines. Videos and review info coming soon!

Learn more:

http://kitehero.com/mutiny-f-series-kite

RDM
Frequent Poster

Postby RDM » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Why is it that whenever a manufacturer releases a video clip showing the safety system on there kite being activated its never in strong winds...

ryanroberts1983
Frequent Poster

Postby ryanroberts1983 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:00 am

RDM wrote:Why is it that whenever a manufacturer releases a video clip showing the safety system on there kite being activated its never in strong winds...
Here is a breakdown of the Mutiny Bar's safety quick release system. It's pretty clean and it doesn't flag your kite out on just a single line like most bars. If any of you have this system now, you will notice when you flag-out on the single line it creates a huge mess. I often use it when learning new stuff to avoid getting yarded but hate having to untangle things in the water. When you drop a Mutiny bar it flags out on both front lines and the bar moves just above you. It's easy to reel back in and get situated this way. The grip is flat out indescribable, you have to literally have your hands on it to even understand.

I will be doing a full review / write up shortly...keep an eye on the magazines.
Attachments
Mutiny Saftey System.jpg

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Mutiny Kites

Postby eree » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:00 pm

yeah...
i think you are deserved the same treat as other brands, so here it is:

looked at mutiny web site and noticed on several pages (lost count) phrase "top quality...environmental and social responsibility" repeated on and on and on...
it feels like you don't care much about either of those, doesn't it?

-do you use recyclable and sustainable material in kite production, that other brands don't use?
-do you manufacture your product close to target markets (europe, north america) in order to cut transportation costs or still use the SE asia labor?
if both answers is "no", so what you are writing is the bs!
but may be the phrase "cambridge university" (found 3 times) is the reason of using such a strong words - environmental and social responsibility?

only thing i was briefly interested was "Clean Kite Concept"...

just read this crap:
...high-jumping, floaty, free-ride, performance kite with a large predictable depower range, simple and effective safety system, effortless relaunch and bomb-proof construction. With a crisp and direct bar feel, easy edging control and smooth, clean aerodynamics...
you must have been copy-pasted it from some 5th or 6th placed kite brand.

kites? i don't know. didn't managed to test them...

web site? pathetic!

C Johnson
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seattle / Hood River
Style: Freeride, Surf, Foil
Gear: whatever I want
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby C Johnson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:13 am

Jesus! tough crowd.

my personal take on this thread.

If all you have to bash is the website then thats pretty sad. Obviously you're looking for a fight.

Lets remember these are kiters and kites. They aren't selling a website they are selling kites. Who cares if the website is amazing or terrible? Is a really good website going to make or break your session when you're out on the water?

Lets try to stay on topic. Kites....lets hear information/criticism/feedback about the actual product.

I met one of the designers for Mutiny last summer out at one of our local beaches. I can say the kites look really good and I have been excited to try one for the better part of a year now. I think its Great kitehero has decided to take on distribution in this highly competitive market. I've been talking with Ryan and bit and it sounds like he may be sending me some demos. I'll be sure to post a fact based clear cut review with hopefully a video to go along with it.

One last thing, Last time I checked, all kites were being made overseas in places like China. IMHO This is normal and is no basis for an argument. Since the raw materials come from there anyway it makes sense to utilize the lower cost labor and the already established factories. unless you are going to start manufacturing your own bladders and your own ripstop, dacron, spectra, etc. you're still going to deal with overseas shipping costs somewhere in the manufacturing process. I think you can almost certainly bet that if you ship raw material you will be shipping more material because you will be shipping everything. including scrap/wasted material instead of just a lightweight finished product.

Winning!

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile

Postby fdvj » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:40 am

I have seen the final prototypes of the P series being tested on the beach and I have to say the attention to detail is above that of any manufacturer, For example the junctions of the sleaving and the lines are shrink wrapped to reduce snagging.
In flight they looked ultra stable with no flapping, rocking or flutter to be seen, and look to deliver a decent loop, a good boost, drift well, and un hook without any misbehaviour. I spoke to the designer and he said that they were aiming it between torch and Vegas territory and look to be getting it spot on.

Foxyfly
Frequent Poster

Postby Foxyfly » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:05 am

With Regards to the Social and enviromental comments, actually they are working with a Welsh University on how to combat some of the issues found when manafacturing abroard and shipping world wide, They are also involved with green energy production, building kites for scientific research into this field, so dont tarnish them without even knowing them or what there long term goals are.

all of the above can be found on there website if you botherd to actually read it.

Just one of the main inovations from such a small design team has been the ability to ship direct to the consumer or retailer from the Factory, ensuring there not shipping the kite twice, they also make sure the products are as small as possible in terms of volumetrics to ensure not only the cost but the quantity per shipment can be offset better, also The choice of Factory and labour for Mutiny products is amongst the highest out there, again if you cared to read the news sections you would see that it's along way from a sweat shop.

This brand is about fairness, There not salesman their Designers who have been involved with Kiting for more years than most, They simply want to make the best design led products they can.

Stick your Leg over one and find out why the kite does the talking.

Oh and for the elimination of doubt I've know them a long time, I'm not a Team rider just a friend and I have no comercial interest In there sucess other than I wish them well with it, they deserve to do well

poldo
Frequent Poster

Postby poldo » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:18 am

I like the kite design! :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”