Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Donate your old gear for Tax Write-off to FSU Kiteboarding !

Forum for kitesurfers
FSUkiteboarding
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle/Strapless
Gear: Cs and boots
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Donate your old gear for Tax Write-off to FSU Kiteboarding !

Postby FSUkiteboarding » Fri May 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Happy holidays to everyone, I hope it is windy wherever you may be!

Since it is always the season for giving we were wondering if you could help support and promote our kiteboarding club.

- we are located in the panhandle of Florida and have been making kiteboarding more accessible to college students since 2002!

- we officially just processed our fastest donation which took just 3 weeks. so if you have any kite gear you wish to donate you would help us immensely and can receive a tax write off in return.

- tell your friends about club and promote our facebook page.

- new kiteboarding rashguard are in and it is first come first serve.

- we are currently building a slider and a kicker at our local spot for upcoming events at FSU in fall.

Thanks for your support !!
Regards,

FSU Kiteboarding

www.fsukiteboarding.com
www.collegiatekiteboarding.org
http://www.facebook.com/?page=1&sk=mess ... 1823835326
KiteLogo.tif
KiteLogo.tif (4.69 MiB) Viewed 2610 times

puchanix
Medium Poster

Re: Donate your old gear for TAX Write-off to FSU Kiteboardi

Postby puchanix » Fri May 27, 2011 8:08 pm

If I wanted to donate a kite, how would I go about it? Are there instructions somewhere?

Thanks.

A.

FSUkiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby FSUkiteboarding » Fri May 27, 2011 9:51 pm

sure! send an email to:

kiwi@fsukiteboarding.com

look forward to hearing from you.

FSUkiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby FSUkiteboarding » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:44 pm

It's gotten really windy in the panhandle and we've gotten a good amount of interest from new members.

If you have any kites lying around that you know are going to be a pain to sell, why not donate them to us and you can get back some of your hard earned taxes back?

http://www.fsukiteboarding.com/

aircatcher
Frequent Poster

Re: Donate your old gear for Tax Write-off to FSU Kiteboardi

Postby aircatcher » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 pm

...and what FSU will do with bunch of these old gears then?

FSUkiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby FSUkiteboarding » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:59 pm

generally college students do not have the funds to get into an expensive sports like kiteboaridng. FSU us building the knowledge and equipment to give people access to the sport at a very low cost - generally dues are about $100 a semester.

if you were to donate a newer bow kite in the 8m to 15m range we would use this to teach beginners. if it were and older kite, i'm sure the advanced riders would be able to make a plan. boards can be used by anyone and always appreaciated! of course we require that the gear is in reasonable condition.

these riders have learnt to kite within the last 2 years from the club:

unlvkiting73
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mead Las Vegas Crawdad Cove!
Lake Mohave!
Favorite Beaches: Hunnington Beach in So. Cali or Boca in Northern Cali great kitting for begginer and smooth water riding at 6am for jet skiing!
Style: New school
Gear: 9 m Windwing Rampage.
12 m Liquid Force spectrum.
slingshot board.
170 cm Head Monsters.

Postby unlvkiting73 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey hitting you up from the west coast. Im still pretty new to kiting and if it weren't for the great friends I met on the forum I would have never been able to get going in this sport. What you guys are doing is awesome. I wish UNLV had a school but mohave is over 70 miles away so its a little bit of a drive from vegas and difficult to learn at. What is the College circuit? Do you ever make any west coast trips?
I'd be willing to give you an older 12 meter C- kite but you might want to just hang it on the wall for decoration unless you have some experienced riders.

Mark. 8)

FSUkiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby FSUkiteboarding » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi Mark

Have you considered starting a club at your school?

viewtopic.php?t=2359183&p=610839

The Collegiate Kiteboarding Association has an East and West coast tour that runs through the school year. If you get in touch with any of the West coast clubs, IVKC @ UCSB/Cal Poly/USD, I'm sure you can start generating hype for a tour for the 2011/2012 year.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=west+c ... =firefox-a

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for the offer on the kite. Please send details to kiwi@fsukiteboarding.com and definitely hit us up if you are ever in Florida!

mojorisin
Rare Poster

Postby mojorisin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:25 pm

FSUkiteboarding wrote:Hi Mark

Have you considered starting a club at your school?

viewtopic.php?t=2359183&p=610839

The Collegiate Kiteboarding Association has an East and West coast tour that runs through the school year. If you get in touch with any of the West coast clubs, IVKC @ UCSB/Cal Poly/USD, I'm sure you can start generating hype for a tour for the 2011/2012 year.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=west+c ... =firefox-a

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for the offer on the kite. Please send details to kiwi@fsukiteboarding.com and definitely hit us up if you are ever in Florida!
Looks like a cool program but i assume the Liability would fall on the local college school and if it is for UNLV sadly the lake is in a Federal area (National Park Service) and requires several million dollar liability insurance and countless numbers of other government red tape rapes to deal with.

What type of research or qualifications does your organization require to make sure the person teaching is a qualified (*and hopefully a certified instructor though an accredited kiteboarding school) so the local areas you are operating at don't get the sport BANNED completely to all kite boarding like Lake Powell sadly has?

Any elevated sport INCLUDING kite boarding and kite tubing is banned from the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area:
http://www.nps.gov/applications/dige...ements&id=4557

Also, how do you come up w/ the value of the kite and how much you can deduct from taxes if donated?

Do you supply a shipping label to cover those costs?

What type of info do you give the person donating to use on their taxes and will IRS recognize your org and accept the deduction?

It's great to get new responsible kiters into the sport however, your www.collegiatekiteboarding.org website is not working and the other website has very little info. So honestly it feels a bit shady if one would expect to get any kind of a deduction from IRS yet do correct me if im wrong with your non-profit org ID and credentials as i have a few old kites also i would be happy to donate for a tax write off.

Cheers

Rbgar
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: nude-
Style: Smooth
Gear: Everything
Brand Affiliation: Self sponsored team rider

Postby Rbgar » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:17 pm

I'm just about to get some new kites and will donate my older ones, please let me know the Tax ID status also so all is legit :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”