Forum for kitesurfers
grantman54
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Revolutionary Quick Release?

Postby grantman54 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:11 pm

New Revolutionary Quick Release?
GUYS I think its supposed to be a joke! Get it.... REVOLUTIONARY.... like a revolving QR. hahahaha
Why would you put a twist release in a flexible situation? Get a little sand in it and the chicken loop will twist instead of the release.
This guy has a good point. When I try to untwist my lines with my lower swivel the chicken loop twists before the swivel works; losing a lot of my work/effort.

wondamic
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leadbetter and C-Street
Style: Freestyle & Waves
Gear: Wainman all the way!
Brand Affiliation: Airborne Kiteboarding

Postby wondamic » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:47 pm

grantman54 wrote:Quote:
New Revolutionary Quick Release?

GUYS I think its supposed to be a joke! Get it.... REVOLUTIONARY.... like a revolving QR. hahahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think this is going to work out either. Totally agree with all the other posts.

But my personal and main concern is the continuity of both the primary and secondary. Why would you have one release that is a twist and then the other a push away? I do realize that when you release your secondary, you usually have a few seconds to determine whether you are going to loss it all or retrieve it. But still, I believe they should all work the same in order it build muscle memory without hesitation...just my 2 cents :thumb:

eree
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby eree » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 pm

well i can not say if this twist system will be the new standard or not until i try it some time.
which is doubtful though, because making this promo video only will make this bar 50€ more expensive probably.
(and another 100€ extra for the "made in Germany" phrase)

good luck for over-complicating simple device that will be probably discarded in two years (regardless of the number of the sessions) ...

WildDuke
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Taurama beach
Gear: 2012 10m Airush Varial X
2012 12m Airush One
2012 9m Airush One
2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness

Postby WildDuke » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm right handed and the twist direction is correct for me, however what about you left handed people? Would twisting the other direction be more comfortable? Do you think core would need to make a right hand and a left hand version now?

kitesurfbali
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom

Postby kitesurfbali » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:44 am

I have to agree with Mmunzer 100% about the Push / Pull release..
If you are dragged on the beach or underwater to activate a Push release you have to apply force against the direction you are getting drag.. I think a Pull release is a safer system.
Now a twist release mmmhhhh not sure but I think not that intuitive.
Bye Jankie

"I still think a push to release is a bad idea. You have no strength in the push direction and if you are being dragged you cannot release. Personally, I still prefer a pull release, but the pull should be arranged perpendicular to the line direction. In this way, the pull will always generate tension in the release mechanism, not matter what is happening with the kite.
I think the push release has become standard, not due to safety, but due to good marketing by some prominent brands"
/Marc

acker
Medium Poster

Postby acker » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:18 am

Seems like an ok idea for twisting. May turn out that twisting is a more intuitive
action, but do you twist in one direction or either direction. Should be either.

Acker :o

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:01 am

Toby wrote:Core Kites just released their new bar...and added a new quick release.
Looks similar to all on the market, but to release you TWIST the release instead of pushing it up.

Will this be better than pushing up?
Nope..
But then they dont have to pay Naish $7 per CL...

That the real reason.. ;)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:34 am

From the numbers they put into the concept and design of this release, they easily can pay Naish 7 USD...

My info is, that the development of this release is the most expensive ever...that's why they came up with this twisting release.

It twists to both sides! And it has been tested with loads of sand.

And don't forget, there are still companies who have a pin release on one side of the c-loop, while all others have the push up release.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:51 am

My broken wrist still isn't the strongest with the rotary motion and range but I can see it has potential - it's better than the velcro pin pulls and the 'one side of the CL' releases (hard to reach) but I don't know if it'll prove to be better than the push releases ...

I think pull releases would be VERY sensitive to releasing when you get slammed ...?

Ultimately - the novelty factor and no obvious downside would encourage me to try it :) haven't read the thread right through yet but I'm guessing the force to activate is somewhat separated from the pressure from the kite ...?

JamesVegas
Frequent Poster

Postby JamesVegas » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 am

I haven't tried it but I'll wager that it won't become industry standard! Push better than any other system. If you want useful German ingenuity then look no further than the 2008 - 2011 North bars. Nice to see that Core have lost the big ugly hook that they had on the bar though and they've got see through release so you can see if it's getting sandy (see North Trust Bar 2011).

Return to “Kitesurfing”