Rare Poster
Local Beach: Toronto
Favorite Beaches: Maui
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish 2012

Postby Steinbagger » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Does any one know if they changed the grip on the Bar? The ones on the 11' bars feel like my hand were put through the meat grinder.

TooMuchEpoxy
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Folly, Sullivans, IOP
Favorite Beaches: Bonaire
Style: Waves

Postby TooMuchEpoxy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:20 pm

I currently ride a 2010 Charger and a 2009 Global.

Really bummed that naish is joining the trend of clear coating the surf line. Yes, clear coat on bamboo is really, really pretty, however, your going to get delamination much sooner than you would with paint.

Red paint is best at shielding the laminate from UV(red phases out UV)
White is easiest to repair
Light grey is the best performance color (light enough not to get hot, dark enough not to blind you on a bright day)

Really interested in the strapless surf board. I ride the global strapless and i can tell it's a high perforamnce board - only happy when it's completely lit and on large waves. Having something more forgiving and happy at lower speeds/waves will be nice.

As for the kites i hope one thing these inherit from my Charger is DURABILITY. I feel like my charger is buily much more stout than other brands. Pretty much bullet proof.

As for octopus, ditch the one pump entirely, I don't mind pumping bladders in exchange for durability, weight savings, easy repair, and lower purchase cost.

Rixter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Where the wind blows

Postby Rixter » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:32 am

coco123
Rare Poster

Postby coco123 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Hey,

Anybody know if the 2012 universal control system will have some form of "safe suicide" connection. Connecting leash to chicken loop and 5th line? (similar to north's setup).

Cheers

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Rixter wrote:Money shot

http://vimeo.com/26574143
I'm definitely getting one of those. Such a nice board. Its like getting two boards in one. Feels loose until you push on your backfoot. It gives undeservedly much spray too :-) :-)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:46 pm

fdvj wrote:Any one flown a new park yet? How is the power through the turn and what does it loop like?
More more....now I haven't flow the smaller ones to a large extent yet, but my take is more power through the loop, a little more bar feel, so one step closer to the torch with same huge range..I have not flow in a huge amount of winds..so you know...

Apart form that a little less canopy movement.

The kite seems a little tighter if that makes any sense. Still fast turning. :thumb: :thumb:

The 14 definitely have improved low end, if the one I flew was the final one. Slightly more bar pressure. Fun kite for sure.

I can't wait :D

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 pm

coco123 wrote:Hey,

Anybody know if the 2012 universal control system will have some form of "safe suicide" connection. Connecting leash to chicken loop and 5th line? (similar to north's setup).

Cheers

The one I used did not. However the easy fix is to just get a metal ring on the CL... A buddy of mine use that, and it works great. I'll ask him what diameter it is

NickStuart
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River, OR

Postby NickStuart » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:52 am

tautologies wrote:Hey,

Cheers
It does have the ability to hook to the chicken loop and the safety release. Just hook into the yellow depower leash first then hook into the chicken loop. The hooks are bigger allowing you to hook to both. This allows you to hit the release when in suicide and it will flag the kite out.

Cheers,

Nick

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:21 am

NickStuart wrote:
It does have the ability to hook to the chicken loop and the safety release. Just hook into the yellow depower leash first then hook into the chicken loop. The hooks are bigger allowing you to hook to both. This allows you to hit the release when in suicide and it will flag the kite out.

Cheers,

Nick
haha that is true. I never really worried about it. I usually just hook the depower strap...the kite depowers more than enough that way IMO :-)

coco123
Rare Poster

Postby coco123 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:19 am

tautologies wrote:
coco123 wrote:Hey,

Cheers

The one I used did not. However the easy fix is to just get a metal ring on the CL... A buddy of mine use that, and it works great. I'll ask him what diameter it is

Thanks tautologies, I was thinking of attaching the north suicide ring to the 5th line and then putting it through the chicken loop (same as north). The diameter should be more than enough for the ring to slide off the chicken when released.

Anybody else done this?

Return to “Kitesurfing”