Naish 2012

Forum for kitesurfers
H C
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish 2012

Postby H C » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:57 pm

tautologies wrote: the above the bar system has a lot less bar throw, and the depower range is less.
Thanks for the reply.

When you put it like that it makes sense.

I am 110kg so looking at 14m and 10m for the summer.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:40 pm

H C wrote:
tautologies wrote: the above the bar system has a lot less bar throw, and the depower range is less.
Thanks for the reply.

When you put it like that it makes sense.

I am 110kg so looking at 14m and 10m for the summer.
Yeah that should easily give you a lot of wind range without having to depower much at all. I would practice the blow the bar depower, but I barely every use it.

H C
Rare Poster

Postby H C » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:30 am

Thanks
This is the only video that I have seen demonstrating what happens when you use below the bar leish attachment options
http://youtu.be/XKMw3CQynq0
It looks the same setup as what is on the 2012 park's?
I was just wondering where a learner should attach - to me the first option looks the safest on land launching etc but when activating it on water would end your session and result in making it impossible to re launch and the third option for experts only would not be a contender either.

I suppose I am asking how relevant is this video to the 2012 parks?

Thanks

PS Am I right in thinking I saw somewhere about people attaching leish through the chicken loop.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:19 am

Well the video is fairly relevant.

You do have 3 main way to connect.
Yellow flagging line. I use this if it is one of those super crazy days.
Depower line. This is the connection I use the most. Best for the easy self land and launch. I guess you could do depower line and yellow line if you are afraid the depower line will break.
And Chicken Loop. The new leash accommodates for cl and yellow line so if need to release the CL you can and still not lose your kite. :-)

I think there are a few notable differences that the video does not depict. And that is the housing on the CL is different. It is much easier to power and depower with the 2012 bar. There is a spinner, and the yellow line now is less in the way I think.

:-)

rollersailor
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Mokes, Yards and Malekahana
Style: waves
Gear: 6'2" strapped surfboard and 9m-12m whatever I can get a good deal on and works well.

Postby rollersailor » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:35 am

Anyone know where I can find a new or used 51cm - 58cm 21" - 23" Naish control bar? Came with the Charger kite. I like the 24 meter lines but 20s would be ok, I can always replace them. Really looking for a little longer bar than the standard Naish 18" - 20". I'm a big guy 6'4" 230 lbs and fly 12 and 13.5 m as my main kites in the surf so I like a long bar to get the kite to turn quicker. Lemme know if anyone out there has one for sale or at what shop I might find one.
Mahalo,
Tim

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:23 am

rollersailor wrote:Anyone know where I can find a new or used 51cm - 58cm 21" - 23" Naish control bar? Came with the Charger kite. I like the 24 meter lines but 20s would be ok, I can always replace them. Really looking for a little longer bar than the standard Naish 18" - 20". I'm a big guy 6'4" 230 lbs and fly 12 and 13.5 m as my main kites in the surf so I like a long bar to get the kite to turn quicker. Lemme know if anyone out there has one for sale or at what shop I might find one.
Mahalo,
Tim
maybe these guys can help you out?
http://www.naishusa.com/home/index/1400.0

I dunno tho.

Return to “Kitesurfing”