*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Best Kiteloop Picture
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:47 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 296
bisdremis wrote:
a friend with a friends kite , testing it , how it loops!!!! :thumb: @ north greece

and... did he land it?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Best Kiteloop Picture
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:21 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:19 pm
Posts: 46
yea !!! head first :lol: :lol:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Best Kiteloop Picture
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:18 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:01 am
Posts: 77
Kiteloop session from my last trip.



Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Best Kiteloop Picture
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:01 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 1:16 pm
Posts: 1273
Location: ??????????
Image

Image


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Best Kiteloop Picture
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:29 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8593
Location: Oahu
exkites wrote:
Kiteloop session from my last trip.




Nice. What size torch is that? Do you pull it further over before you pull the trigger?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Best Kiteloop Picture
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:35 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:01 am
Posts: 77
Hi!
That was 9 meters kite. what do you mean by "pull it further over"?


tautologies wrote:
exkites wrote:
Kiteloop session from my last trip.




Nice. What size torch is that? Do you pull it further over before you pull the trigger?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Best Kiteloop Picture
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8593
Location: Oahu
exkites wrote:
Hi!
That was 9 meters kite. what do you mean by "pull it further over"?


Just looking for your process. You definitely get the kite pretty low on your loops. :thumb:

Jump -> slow down kite at 12 -> pull the trigger?
Jump -> slow down kite at 1 -> pull the trigger?
It doesn't look like you jump redirect your kite and then loop it (ie. sissy loops).

It looks like you jump, then pull the trigger when the kite is at maybe 1 o'clock? It is a little hard to see.
They look smooth tho.

My point is that when I pull the trigger too early, the pull is too much for an old man like me. :-)

Also what do you think the wind speed is?

thanks for answering :-)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Best Kiteloop Picture
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:27 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:01 am
Posts: 77
Usually I'm just trying to jump as high as possible and than till I'm still going up I pull the trigger :) I think that's the sweet thing about kite loop's when you get that yank..!
The wind that day was really gusty, so it was like 25 to 35 knots. so that was real fun.. :)



tautologies wrote:
exkites wrote:
Hi!
That was 9 meters kite. what do you mean by "pull it further over"?


Just looking for your process. You definitely get the kite pretty low on your loops. :thumb:

Jump -> slow down kite at 12 -> pull the trigger?
Jump -> slow down kite at 1 -> pull the trigger?
It doesn't look like you jump redirect your kite and then loop it (ie. sissy loops).

It looks like you jump, then pull the trigger when the kite is at maybe 1 o'clock? It is a little hard to see.
They look smooth tho.

My point is that when I pull the trigger too early, the pull is too much for an old man like me. :-)

Also what do you think the wind speed is?

thanks for answering :-)



Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Best Kiteloop Picture
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:37 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:56 am
Posts: 51
exkites wrote:
Kiteloop session from my last trip.



Awesome Video exkite.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Best Kiteloop Picture
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:43 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:03 pm
Posts: 108
here are a couple recent ones...unhooked and hooked in!

Haven't seen this thread in a while but really enjoy seeing everyone's pics!


Attachments:
unhooked loop.jpg
unhooked loop.jpg [ 59.2 KIB | Viewed 671 times ]
hooked loop 1.jpg
hooked loop 1.jpg [ 39.87 KIB | Viewed 671 times ]
Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cglazier, dyyylan, fourperf, Google [Bot], lobodomar, rtz and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group