Favorite Beaches: Texas beaches
Style: freestyle
Gear: BRO KITE Kiteboards
Brand Affiliation: BRO KITE Kiteboards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Judge - "C" kite from Epic

Postby RockyChatwell » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 am

Also just letting you guys know that this judge six is worth it's weight in gold! Buy a judge six an you will have the whole beach to yourself while your friends sit and watch you ride in 40 knots!
Cheers , Rocky Chatwell

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello guys,
A lot of people that have tried the JUDGE (3G) have been very impressed with its performance.
But few kiters having been very interested in knowing about the new JUDGE kite prototype we have been working on for the past year. Well we are still working on it and this is one of the prototypes of the JUDGE (see pictures bellow). We have refined the JUDGE to make it even better then the JUDGE (3G) that we have now. Yes you are correct this new JUDGE has bridles on it, but who cares if the kite perform even better. And yes you can also see a Big Inflate/Deflate valve on the LE.
:thumb:
Attachments
DSC_0047 3.jpg
DSC_0036 1.jpg
DSC_0040 2.jpg
Alex Fox and Cameron Maramenides DSC_0021 1.jpg
DSC_0030 4.jpg
DSC_0032 3.jpg

zloilyoha
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skadovsk
Favorite Beaches: Karzhyny Skadovsk, Cape Town SA
Style: free
Gear: slingshot, ozone, core

Postby zloilyoha » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:31 pm

sooooo, Alex Fox there is just for a photo or what? :D i see he can`t kite now but you know what i mean :wink:

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:38 pm

I love the look of that Judge and hope that you keep it! Don't get me wrong about the yellow 3G Judge (a nice looking kite) but this is hands down a beauty! Can't wait to see it come into production and with the new BST valve it is going to be awesome. I would love to see how the bridle makes the kite fly compared to the 3G model (which is a great kite :thumb: )! The relaunch and rock solid flying ability of the 3G Judge is amazing so I am wondering how the 4G will differ. I am glad that I have finally got to see what the 3G Judge is all about and cannot understand why this kite isn't being used by more people?? I ride both Vegas/C4 kites and the Judge is definitely worth a look by everyone from weekend warriors to wakestyle riders! I have been using it for snowkiting and I prefer this kite more than the Vegas 9m. I would rank it in the same lines of the 2011 Ozone C4 that I use but with a better low end range (substantially better).

James

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:59 am

I really liked the original Judge, but I like the bridled Judge 9M proto I tested much more.
I like it better than the 2011 C4 because the bottom end is better and it sheets out better for more top end.
Turns nice and fast with lots of precision and gives a nice direct feel
More reinforcements than the Ozone kites.
The canopy has a nice rigid feel in the sky, just as solid as can be.
Only jumped it a couple of times, so I don't know how it stacks up, other than I like the way it jumps.
MoMi designed really good bridled C kites for Blade in 2011 and 2012, so I am certain he can tweak the Judge with a bridle and create a great freeride C kite that boosts very well, drifts well in surf and can still do what the freestyle kiters want.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
little current
westbay

Postby soul19 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:53 pm

I have put a couple of sessions into the 3G Judge and I really, really like this kite. It has that rock solid handling that I have come to appreciate over the sloppy handling kites. I wasn't sure that I was going to like this kite as much as I like the screamer 10m but I do! Ozone makes very nice flying kites but so does Epic....(I realize that comment won't be appreciated by the doom and gloom club)! I, for one, cannot wait to try the next version of this kite and see how te bridles change it's flying characteristics. Dimitri and Momi have a great kite in the Judge!

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I told you the JUDGE was a great kite "soul19". But again it depends what you are looking into a kite and this is the reason why we have few different models for different riding style.
So I guess you are buying the JUDGE 8 I sent you since you love it so much :thumb:
Attachments
photo copy.jpg
DSC_0090.jpg

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
little current
westbay

Postby soul19 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:19 pm

The more that I look at the new Judge proto the more that I am keen to try this kite. It reminds me of my C4 with the bridle and I am wondering how the pulley is going to effect the steering of this kite? I don't find any issues with the 10m screamer with its pulleys and it has that nimble steering that I really need in a kite. My C4 is a very direct steering kite that I find it so fun to fly. The little slider on the 3G judge doesn't effect its steering at all so I am hoping that the new Judge doesn't get that sloppy handling that I find most SLE kites have. I hate having to crank on a bar to make a kite decide that maybe it might want to change directions than a kite that does what I want it to do (not all SLE's are like this but too many are). The bigger inflate/deflate valve is a huge thumbs up!

James

Hoping to see this kite in the very near future and my wife likes the look of the new wahine kites that you have coming out as well! Just don't forget us riders that are looking forward to your new and improved Judge kite :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:00 pm

soul19,
I guess you are not the only one who loved the new JUDGE 9 prototype kite. So far, out of 16 people that tried this kite, every body had amazing things to say about the new prototype "C" kite with bridles.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.51.16 AM.png

Return to “Kitesurfing”