Switch Method vs Wainman

Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Switch Method vs Wainman

Postby L0KI » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Pixel, good luck with your purchase, I hope it works out for you.
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pixelpedro » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:12 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:good luck with your purchase, I hope it works out for you.
Thanks Bud, I hope so as well.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:14 pm

yeah, but don't keep your fingers crossed on this kite either.

i've personally seen this kite folding its wingtips and backstalling in totally innocent situations. same weight guys (80-85kg), low end, about 7-8m/sec. one of them on 11m takoon sle another guy on 13m switch element. element is just can't perform.

poorly executed naish park's impression, not more...

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster

Postby pixelpedro » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 pm

eree wrote:yeah, but don't keep your fingers crossed on this kite either.
Sorry Dude, but not only do I HAVE TO keep my fingers crossed, since my new quiver consists of Methods, I'm willing to give them a chance, I've seen Cabs SBs fold, invert, do all kinds of crazy things. Have a very experience friend hate his new Fuse.

I'm sure all kites malfunction or behave badly at some point, granted some are designed better than others, but these not only look solid, but I got some real rider feedback (Not team riders), real everyday riders, and they're happy.

I just hope mine work as well as I'm hoping they do, cause I'm not made of $$$, even with these lower costs kites, still money.

Besides they can't be that bad, have you checked iKite lately? there's only 3 of them, how many of every other brand? either ALL these people that supposedly purchased and hated these kites are throwing them in the garbage, or they simply like them and keeping them around.

Tolerance and respect dudes ... that's what's all about.

Cya on the water!

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:34 pm

What sizes did you buy?

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster

Postby pixelpedro » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm a heavier rider, for now. So I went 12/9

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:09 am

pixelpedro wrote: I'm sure all kites malfunction or behave badly at some point, granted some are designed better than others, but these not only look solid, but I got some real rider feedback (Not team riders), real everyday riders, and they're happy.
I just hope mine work as well as I'm hoping they do, cause I'm not made of $$$, even with these lower costs kites, still money.
Besides they can't be that bad, have you checked iKite lately? there's only 3 of them, how many of every other brand? either ALL these people that supposedly purchased and hated these kites are throwing them in the garbage, or they simply like them and keeping them around.

Cya on the water!
hi pixelpedro,
problem is if you are the "heavier rider" so the switch is not good enough for you.

switch kites, all four of them are made with the single central idea: low wing profile and high air speed. that means they work good only for the low weight riders, and/or high wind, and/or flat water, and/or big flat board.

so i can imagine how good you'll be feeling with the normal kite, and not with the switch...

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster

Postby pixelpedro » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:29 am

eree wrote: problem is if you are the "heavier rider" so the switch is not good enough for you.
I did some specs research, mathematical, some aerodynamics engineering based on the specs of the kites ... nah just pulling your leg.

Well I consider myself a heavy rider cause I'm 190ish, I used to be 220 just a few months ago, so I'm working had to get to my ideal weight (160-170) which puts me right at Switche's specs.

One of the guys I talked to, is 200, and he mentioned how powerful the Method is, he uses a 9/7 quiver and a 13 Element, I didn't like the E's bar pressure and some other issues I had with it, so I opted out of it, and since I'd like to progress in freestyle a bit, I'm not Hadlow (although I'd love to, that kid is sick!), just want to work on some cool moves, but my main goal, is get really good on the waves, that's what drives me. We don't always have the conditions here in FL, but is what I'm into.

So I can only remain positive about my acquisition, and remain positive that it will all work out. As a matter of fact, I'm sure it will work. I'll keep you all posted, and believe me if the kites suck, I'll be the first to broadcast it.

Tnx, and I really do appreciate your concern.

Nectar
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Nectar » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Are you sure about that? I weight 220 lbs. and fly switch elements and they work great for me. I'm fine flying in the same size range or 1m bigger then other smaller kiters on the water and use which ever board I feel like riding that day, smallest being a 137 TT.
eree wrote:
pixelpedro wrote: I'm sure all kites malfunction or behave badly at some point, granted some are designed better than others, but these not only look solid, but I got some real rider feedback (Not team riders), real everyday riders, and they're happy.

Cya on the water!
hi pixelpedro,
problem is if you are the "heavier rider" so the switch is not good enough for you.

switch kites, all four of them are made with the single central idea: low wing profile and high air speed. that means they work good only for the low weight riders, and/or high wind, and/or flat water, and/or big flat board.

so i can imagine how good you'll be feeling with the normal kite, and not with the switch...

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hansen Design » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Low wing profile? Not true! :thumb:
Method-Profile.jpg
Method-Profile.jpg (22.66 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
Switch Element13.jpg
Switch Element13.jpg (229.57 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
Nitro 10-1a.jpg
Nitro 10-1a.jpg (210.83 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Last edited by Hansen Design on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”