Forum for kitesurfers
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Re: Cabrinha Quick Link 2012

Postby RickI » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Rearming becomes easier with repetition and use. I always used it for solo landing on shore. The only time I would need it offshore in deep water would be in a high wind emergency. I work to avoid those the old fashioned way and have yet to do it with this system.

Krazedkiter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Krazedkiter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:42 pm

So Cabrinha does not sell any replacement parts for a bar?

C Johnson
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seattle / Hood River
Style: Freeride, Surf, Foil
Gear: whatever I want
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby C Johnson » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:59 pm

They sell lots of replacement parts. :roll:

http://www.cabrinhakites.com/switchblad ... parts.html

Its a little hard to tell by the picture but if the description is correct then item P on the diagram may be what you need to upgrade.

However, I did order a set of 2013 lines and they ended up being exactly what was on my 2012 kite even though the part number was different so I'm not sure that all the spare parts are necessarily going to end up being 2013 stuff at this time. Ask your local cab shop to help you get the parts and they may be able to help.

The upgrade will probably be pretty expensive though since it is Cabrinha and you won't be finding it on clearance anywhere. Consider the price of the part you need + the price of the lines and you're probably at the cost of a new complete bar. Might be worth just going that route considering if your bar is a year old the lines are probably stretched and worn anyway.

Return to “Kitesurfing”