Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:32 am

Made in Greece.
:thumb:
Attachments
1a.jpg

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Tony, I ride the 3G version 1 and have been nothing but impressed. I'm a 155 lb person usually riding a 136 twin. For me, I can have fun in 8 knots. Upwind is finicky, but I've certainly done it in those light winds. Gotta be efficient and patient with the kite. In 9 knots, I'm just fine. Upwind, no problem, small jumps. The thing I noticed when I first launched the kite is that it climbs with a lot of power when launched. You can feel that it's a powerhouse. in winds that are 12 knots, you get some pretty incredible jumps, have to depower a little to go upwind better (keeping it forward in the window). It water launches easier than any renegade sizes, even in the 7-9 knot range.... i suppose this is a given in those winds due to surface area, versus a 7 meter where you'd ride that in 30 knots. I'm way overpowered on that 13 meter in 15 knots. I have the depower strap fully pulled and the bar all the way out. Then I get on the 11 and have a great time.

I've been really impressed with the 13 meter. It's my favourite size, and where I ride, one that I get the most use out of.

Bad things... can't really say anything there

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:37 pm

These are few pictures of today's demos we have been doing here on the island of Paros "Greece". The weather forecast was calling for 15 to 22 knots all day, but it was between 7 to 13 knots from 11 am until 5:30 pm, and then the wind pick up from 14 to 17 knots max until sun set.
So we were using the INFINITY v2 with the OXYGEN v2 and DROID v2 board, and once the wind pick up we pumped the RENEGADE 13 v2 with the OXYGEN v2 and then the DROID v2.

P.S. They are calling for more wind tomorrow :roll:
Attachments
DSC_0255 32.jpg
DSC_0171 41.jpg
DSC_0012 46.jpg
DSC_0097 44.jpg
DSC_0350 7.jpg
Kiter handle passing on Droid with Infinity.jpg
DSC_0165 42.jpg
Blowing 7 to 12 knots INFINITY w OXYGEN board vs FLYSURFER w Race board.jpg
Dimitri on OXYGEN b with INFINITY 8 to 12 knots.jpg
kiter on DROID with INFINITY.jpg
Renegade 13.  in 14 to 17 knots.jpg
DSC_0298 23.jpg
Kiter testing the DROID with RENEGADE 13.jpg
Kiter demoing the RENEGADE 13 with Oxygen board.jpg
DSC_0292 25.jpg
DSC_0322 12.jpg
DSC_0306 20.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 pm

We got some good winds today for our last demo in Paros "Greece". Lots of people did demo the kites. Some of them loved them so much they asked me if they could demo more kites tomorrow since they are calling for even stronger winds. So I will be at "Pounda" beach at 7:30 am until 10:00 am. Then I will have to catch my ferry boat for Athens.
Any way these are some pictures of today's demo.
Attachments
DSC_0008 2.jpg
3 Dimitri having a blast on the S12.jpg
Dad showing his son how to.jpg
Kiter demoing the Renegade 11.jpg
DSC_3823 18.jpg
DSC_0031 9.jpg
DSC_0038 10.jpg
DSC_0005 1.jpg
DSC_0010 4.jpg
1Kiter after an Epic session.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Today was the last of our demos on the island of Paros "Greece". Almost missed my Ferry Boat today because the wind was so good. We were on the water from 7:50 in the morning and got out at 10:20 am. Not many people showed up because it was blowing really strong 28 to 36 knots, but that was perfect for me to test the limits of the SCREAMER 10 ltd (4G) prototype that I have. Other few riders were on SCREAMER 7,9 and RENEGADE 9. These were the only kites we had out.
Any way these are some pictures of some of us having fun.

P.S. Sending these from the ferry boat. Not feeling so good because the boat is rocking all over the place. So I better make it fast.
Attachments
Keeping the balance between windsurfer and kiters.jpg
2.jpg
Dimitri.jpg
Kitelooping.jpg
DSC_0122.jpg
DIMITRI testing the high end of the S10 (4G).jpg
DSC_3921.jpg
Kiter testing the Screamer 7.jpg
DSC_0096 1.jpg
Checking the harness.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Ok we are back on the Outer Banks "USA" and having a blast on the JUDGE 8.
This kite is so much underrated. Once you get a chance to try it you, will understand why.

On another subject, will be doing some EPIC demos starting 1st of September until end of November. So if you are interested to see what the buzz is all about with the EPIC kites and boards, then make sure to demo them. It is as simple as that.
Attachments
GPV-104 (1).jpg
GPV-139.jpg
GPV-108.jpg

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:55 am

I got a quick demo on the Judge 8M.
Several weeks back, and only a half hour sundown session...in 16-17 mph wind.
Just had a blast with this kite...so direct and engaging, came around turns/transitions/downloops with such nice smooth power and climbed back up quick and clean.
Had all the good parts I remember about my C kites of old, but has better power, depower, and relaunch.
Also, held it's canopy shape very nicely with four lines.
I am dying for some proper 8M wind so I can give it a real go, unfortunately August is not exactly a high wind month here.

Telekiter
Frequent Poster
Gear: Kites:
-7.5 m, BEST kahoona -09
-9 m Switch Element -12
-13 m Switch Element -12
-17 m Blade Fat Lady -11
-10 m, FS Psycho3, -08

Boards:
-OR Mako 150x40.
-OR Mako King 165x44
Brand Affiliation: Switchkites Team rider.
Been thanked: 0

Postby Telekiter » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:22 am

Is it just me or is the Renegade 13LTD shaped a lot like the Screamer? The photos realy gives one the impression of this.

"Old and broken" - My "other" kites have not gone through any real test as we have had the worst summer to date for this sport, noooo wind :evil: Have had 15 sessions on the Blade 17 Fat Lady and about 1 h on the E13 :roll: so I can not make a "true" evaluation yet, so far so good though.

/Urban.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:59 am

The Renegade 13 is not shaped like a Screamer, when you see them in person, it is clear.
And all the Renegades fly like Renegades, not like Screamers.
I've got the 3G (2012) R13M V2 and it is definitely a Renegade shape and feel.
The shape of the Infinity V2 and Renegade 13M V2 looks very similar to me.
The V2's are maybe slightly different looking than the V1 versions, but you have to look pretty close to see any difference, I can't really see it, other than the graphic tweaks.
But the V2's fly better, ..better upwind, a little more forward in the window, not a hint of stall, better jumping and they have more top end, ..maybe more bottom end but I don't know that for sure.
To me, the Renegade 11M looks a little different than all the other sizes, but the whole range flies totally like the same model of kite.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Hello guys,
The RENEGADE 5,7,9,11 are a little different from each other but basically the same shape. The reason we do that is so the kites can perform the best in different conditions from each other.
On the other hand, the RENEGADE "13 v2" is the mini of the RENEGADE "Infinity v2". They do have basically the same shape from each other but they are totally different from the 5/7/9/11 RENEGADE models.
The SCREAMER models are just another type of kites. The SCREAMER 10 LTD (3G) is also very different then the other SCREAMER models. The S10 ltd (3G) has a mixture of Renegade, Screamer and Judge.
Once again the SCREAMER 10 LTD and the RENEGADE 13 LTD is our test pilot for the next generations of kites.

P.S. These are few reviews of 2 different magazines about the "INFINITY v2" Renegade. I think they were very impressed with the kite. Like I always said: Try it and you will see.
Attachments
SBC mag review of the INFINITY v2.jpg
KW mag review of the INFINITY V2.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”