Forum for kitesurfers
nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Re: EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Postby nikalaitzian » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:57 pm

What else???maybe a submarine...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

just kiding D.Keep up and count one for me!!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:30 pm

This is what we have been doing for the past 8 days here on the Outer Banks, NC (USA).
This is what I call EPIC sessions on the Outer Banks. Able to kite from 5 knots to 40 knots in a matter of a week.
Attachments
GOPR3610.jpg
DSC_6179_2011-09-11.jpg
DSC_6231_2011-09-11.jpg
GOPR3393.jpg
Will Brooks on INFINITY.jpg
GOPR3398.jpg
GOPR1134.jpg
GOPR1102.jpg
GOPR4764.jpg
GPV_0348.jpg
GPV_0407.jpg
GPV_0337.jpg
GPV_0224.jpg
GPV_9_16_11_DM-127.jpg
GPV_9_16_11_DM-98.jpg
GOPR6031.jpg
GPV_9_16_11_DM-7.jpg
GOPR6115.jpg
GPV_9_16_11_DM-54.jpg
GPV_9_18_11-58.jpg
GPV_9_18_11-46.jpg
GPV_9_18_11-101.jpg
GPV_9_19_11-4.jpg
GPV_9_19_11-67.jpg
GPV_9_19_11-155.jpg
GPV_9_19_11-204.jpg
GPV_9_19_11-283.jpg

ox
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby ox » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:03 am

Sponsored by Epic – I don’t get free kites or anything – you know how it is.

Until yesterday

I’ve been on the wake scene the last few years – boots etc.

Was super stoked to her the C kite “Judge” coming out as it’s what my old school 01’ butt learned on.

But why change what works – the Screamer

I was on the fence with what to do….. Screamer vs. Judge. I was going to BUY a Judge 11 and 8.

I called up Dimitri to give em’ my credit card digits.

We chatted it up for a good 30 minutes – I swear the guy is popping caffeine pills or something – every time I talk to him he’s so excited. But it’s not some phony crud – the dude is just stoked about everything.

He said he’d send me his production version of the prototype Judge. No shipping or kite cost to me.

That way I could try it, then decide for myself – Judge or Screamer

So I thought of a list of things to do with my first (couple of months) free kite:

1. Launch in all those ‘awesome launch areas’ but with always too many stickers, oysters, rocks, sharp objects.
2. Slot-fly-kite through 3 mile bridge – hopefully make it
3. Tow-ups with Jet Ski
4. Teach beginners on it – let em’ smack it vs. my kite into the ground
5. Attach to mast of sail boat and see how it works.

I wonder why I haven't been sent free kites before :D

What else shall I do with my new ‘free kite?’

And a shameless plug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdvrAx6Wr4M

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:37 am

Hello guys,
Just got this from some one testing the OXYGEN board. (He is not affiliated with EPIC) and did not want his name mentioned in case he gets in trouble. But he gave us permission to use this link. http://www.forcesix.com/2011-epic-oxygen-review.html
2011 Epic Oxygen Board Review (135x47)

First Impressions:
This board is a bit of an enigma, as most light wind boards are both long and wide, often with a straight or even concave outline. The Epic oxygen has much more of a freestyle inspired outline (despite being super-wide), a very flat rocker, no concave, yet a lot of flex. The board comes with 2 sets of fins, some 4cm ones for a skatey/freestyle feel and 5cm ones for a more directional feel for free-riding.

On The Water:
I'm going to come clean here, I'm usually not a fan of light-wind boards at all... They're all well and good for riding when others aren't, but if you try to do anything interesting with them, they are often cumbersome and frustrating. My previous experiences with light-wind boards made me all the more surprised when I tried the Oxygen.
The large surface area and flat base allow the Oxygen to plane very quickly and easily, and the board attains a respectable top speed when powered and tanks upwind with ease. This allows you to quickly gain apparent wind with the kite and continue planing through the lulls. The considerable flex of the board adds comfort in the chop and waves and aids its all-round prowess.
The most attractive and surprising feature of the oxygen is its freestyle ability, the 4cm fins allow the board to be easily spun on the water for surface passes and provide forgiveness when your landings aren't quite right. The dimensions of the board allow it to be flung around with almost the confidence you could a dedicated freestyle board, and is a great platform for trying new tricks in lighter winds than usual. The additional width and flat rocker does occasionally catch you out, but that's nothing that wouldn't soon be gotten used to.
The foot-pads have a good shape to them and provide good impact resistance; the straps provide good hold, but are perhaps not as comfortable as some on the market.

In Summary:
A truly excellent piece of kit to bring to the beach with you, allowing you to keep riding with your current kite before changing up a size or the push the bottom end of light-wind kite-surfing with. The two fin options allow the board to be tuned for freestyle or free-ride and ensure its a board which will fit the bill for pretty much anyone. The dimensions, rocker, outline, flex and flat bottom all combine to give a board which performs far better than i'd ever expect, without the usual shortcomings of classical light-wind designs..........

KAWIKA
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Switch don't get payed by Switch luv the kites & price

Postby KAWIKA » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:20 pm

So basically it's the board that makes the difference not the epic kites :lol: :lol: may be should buy a oxygen board so I can go out in light wind on my 12 meter since it has been my light wind kite all summer long :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:59 pm

Poster: KAWIKA
Rep/Team rider for: SWITCH kites
So basically it's the board that makes the difference not the epic kites :lol: :lol: may be should buy a oxygen board so I can go out in light wind on my 12 meter since it has been my light wind kite all summer long :thumb:
Hello "KAWIKA",
Actually you can use a RENEGADE 11 and SCREAMER 10 LTD "3G" no need for a 12 meter. Even one of your riders who was using the same 12 meter kite that you have was very impressed to see us stay up wind while we where on Renegade 11 and 9. So again the kite makes a big difference, but also that depends what kite brand you ride on, and what type of riding you are into.

P.S. This is the reason why we do have the "WARNING" sign on all our ads: "WARNING. Do not buy another kite until you experience and EPIC kite". And this is because we have seen this so many time, people that already bought a kite get upset or disappointed after testing the EPIC kite and they wish they could of demo or wait to test an EPIC kite. This even happened yesterday afternoon with one of the kiters here.
Why do you think I am willing to ship kites or boards to people so they can demo them!!! That is because I know the results.

ox
Medium Poster

Postby ox » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Just having my morning coffee, saw this, figured I'd share it here.

I remember when trying to do one handle pass was hard enough.

I think there should be a cap on progression - so I can catch up

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Hello guys,
This is the "EPICKITES 3G intro" video we have been working on. We are still working on our new 3G web site and should have it ready really soon. But wanted to let you know that the "3G" kites will be ready to be shipped to every one by the end of September first week of October.

(you can watch the intro on VIMEO or YOUTUB)

VIMEO:

YOUTUB:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:48 pm

This is the Version 2 of the Renegade "INFINITY" light wind machine. As you will see in the video we are using the INFINITY v2 in very light wind on a surf board in the ocean having fun in the waves. We also have a wind meter in our hands in order to show you the wind speed and also how easy the INFINITY V2 relaunches on the beach and in the waves. The wind meter in my hand says 3.6 to 6 knots on the beach but lets add another 3 to 4 knots just to make every body happy about the wind speed. Enjoy the video.

Renegade "INFINITY V2": (performing in light wind in the ocean)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:37 am

This is another video of the INFINITY V2 in action, but this time using the OXYGEN board in flat water.
Enjoy it. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”