Forum for kitesurfers
nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Re: EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Postby nikalaitzian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:08 am

Hello to you all Epic fans..

Been lucky since i have 2 Judges 11m (thanks to D) i swap the one with the 10m LTD 2011...

i had a blast with that kite...it has something... i cant say easy but i beleive it is the versatility that makes it my loved one :heartface: ..With my judge in those crapy conditions i was barely going upwind and when i took the LTD i could do anything unhooked or hooked moves :D

With that opportunity i vote the LTD 2011 my favorite Epic kite since the beggining..

whats yours???

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:30 pm

What's with the death spiral around the 45 second mark with the orange and red Screamer? What happened?
Hello superpak101,
Some of these kiters were demoing the EPIC gears. But again every time I let some one demo the EPIC kites, I have to let them know that these kites are not any ordinary kites, especially the SCREAMERS, it is the Ferrari of the Ferraris, very powerful, very fast and incredible hang time, so they need to get use to them before starting doing what ever they do on their other kites.
I guess this person did not listen to me and end up in the bushes.
:nono:

Mantra
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Southern CT, Long Island
Favorite Beaches: Hatteras, The Gut
Gear: Epic Screamer 14, Renegade 9
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Mantra » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:22 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:Hello to you all Epic fans..

Been lucky since i have 2 Judges 11m (thanks to D) i swap the one with the 10m LTD 2011...

i had a blast with that kite...it has something... i cant say easy but i beleive it is the versatility that makes it my loved one :heartface: ..With my judge in those crapy conditions i was barely going upwind and when i took the LTD i could do anything unhooked or hooked moves :D

With that opportunity i vote the LTD 2011 my favorite Epic kite since the beggining..

whats yours???
I agree with you in the 2011 10M LTD is a sweet kite. Probably my favorite except I usually ride in light winds so I prefere and am used to my 14M screamer! It unhooks nicely and I am usually flying around while everyone else are on 17m.

Have a judge 11 too but it needs to be windier!!! :rollgrin:

Gnarfskt
Medium Poster
Style: Jumping
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow

Postby Gnarfskt » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:19 am

Hey Dimitri, your new video Epic Attack 4 really kicks ass! When I see your videos I always wonder how the hell that guy can have such precision while jumping and landing on piers and other stuff! What´s the secret, years of practice? And do you never slam into those objects that you plan to land on? One would think that one minor mistake could be painful...

/One of your big fans

Chungmu
Frequent Poster

Postby Chungmu » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Gnarfskt wrote:Hey Dimitri, your new video Epic Attack 4 really kicks ass! When I see your videos I always wonder how the hell that guy can have such precision while jumping and landing on piers and other stuff! What´s the secret, years of practice? And do you never slam into those objects that you plan to land on? One would think that one minor mistake could be painful...

/One of your big fans
Trust me, he has slammed plenty of those objects. There was a house in FL I believe that didn't go well, a tree in Greece and the list goes on. Dimitri has amazing natural skills but even he has paid the price for some of his stunts. It takes years of practice to get where he is so don't go out and try jumping any piers. Well at least not on the first day. :D

Hey D, nice video as well. Loved the shot with the kite spiraling and the board sitting next to the shore but no rider. Almost did that in the same spot one time. :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thank you Mr.Gnarfskt for your nice comment. I am working on the BLOOPERS so you guys can see that no body is perfect. The footage you see on EPIC ATTACK 4 video are the ones I made, but on the bloopers you will see the ones I did not make. But for the dangerous stunts I made sure their was no mistake. Believe me, I learned from experience.
Also not to forget that the equipment helped me a lot in doing all these stunts. I could not of done this on the RENEGADE or JUDGE models or any other kites. The SCREAMERS were the perfect kite for these stunts because of the hang time and big jumps. So again you need to make sure you have the correct equipment to attempts these stunts.
:thumb:

P.S. Now it is time to work on the EPIC ATTACK 5. Let me see what HYPERFLEX wet suit to use today!!!!
Attachments
DSCN5555 (1).jpg
GPV_0035 4.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jens
Medium Poster
Local Beach: madison wi

Postby jens » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:06 pm

While there is nothing more nauseating to me then the promotion of "Airstyle" by one that shall not be named, including a 5 page spread in a recent magazine, you incorporate it into a balls out hold nothing back style that has and continues to inspire me.

Keep killing it and please, someday go head to head with him and let him know how insignificant he is.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Mantra wrote:
nikalaitzian wrote:Hello to you all Epic fans..

whats yours???
I agree with you in the 2011 10M LTD is a sweet kite. Probably my favorite except I usually ride in light winds so I prefere and am used to my 14M screamer! It unhooks nicely and I am usually flying around while everyone else are on 17m.

Have a judge 11 too but it needs to be windier!!! :rollgrin:

2 votes for the 2011 ltd so!!! :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Mr.nikalaitzian wrote:
2 votes for the 2011 ltd so!!! :thumb:
Yes but wait until you check the SCREAMER 10 LTD 4G. Now this kite is going to blow your mind.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:11 pm

You know that feeling the first time you fly a kite and totally fall in love with that kite?

Today was such a day for me. Winds werent great but it was my real first time out on the Screamer 12m 3G. I had the kite for a while now but it was always out for testing. I finally got it back this weekend and basicly spend my last 2 years on the Screamer 12m 2010.

Now i love my 2010 12m but i think today that changed. The new 12m is 2 maybe 3 times as fast. A bit smoother and wenn jumping it definitly jumps higher without a problem.
The feeling is way more refined but stil has that powerfeeling when the wind picked up a little.
absolutely amazing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”