Forum for kitesurfers
Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Postby Westozzy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:13 am

Ah stop it you guys I get on one until December!!

Question to users, how do they loop, mechanics please been doing this for 13 years, don't just say ' real good', and does it hunt the edge of the window, I assume it does with all that boost potential.

Don't mind Dimitri answering but also like the general users because Dimitri could loop and jump a bloody shopping bag!!

giBiLatoR
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wellington Point, Brisbane, QLD Australia.
Style: Face first - Anything with a kiteloop
Gear: 2x 2012 Epic Screamer LTD 10m
2012 Epic Screamer 7m
2010 Naish Torch 12M
Mystic Warrior III
F-One Acid IV 130x39 (50mm fins)
Underground Steeze 136 w/ Cab Sync bindings (30mm fins)
Underground Crypt 132x40 (30mm fins)
Been thanked: 0

Postby giBiLatoR » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:53 am

Westozzy wrote:Ah stop it you guys I get on one until December!!

Question to users, how do they loop, mechanics please been doing this for 13 years, don't just say ' real good', and does it hunt the edge of the window, I assume it does with all that boost potential.

Don't mind Dimitri answering but also like the general users because Dimitri could loop and jump a bloody shopping bag!!
Coming from a NOVICE take from this what you will. The LTD doesn't really fly THAT far forward in the window (compared to conventional C shaped kites) and to jump them is very similar to your VX send it from just above 10 hard to 1 then redirect on way up then apply oxygen mask whilst rocking the kite back and forth through the window before redirecting whilst sheeting out for bigger airs. I find it much easier to get larger airs if I slow my speed down a bit, there is definitely an art to jumping this kite (but this could come down to experience, but on my C4 I do everything much more aggressively aka 100% entry speed and direction of the kite @ full speed).

The looping is not that aggressive but its definitely not a pivotal loop, has a slower last section of the loop then comparable kites, but can still manage to megaloop it / catch in 18+ knots. Unhooked looped moves are much more forgiving then conventional C kites if that helps.

I am comparing this to the C4/RPM/Torch I own.

Josh

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Cheers for that. Yep sounds like it has similar characteristics to the VX, not all the same but the jumping and looping are similar. So I must give it a crack as the VX is the most mind blowing machine I have ever ridden in 13 seasons. Looking forward to demoing the screamer 3G for sure.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:06 am

These are some photos of the EPIC demos we have been doing here on the Outer Banks (North Carolina. USA).
Once again it is always nice to see the expression on people faces after they demo the EPIC kites. I wish I had my video camera with me because one of the kiters used these exact words after demoing the SCREAMER 12. "I have seen a lot of your TESTIMONIALS videos about people demoing the Screamer kites but did not really beleive it until today. Whaooo.... that Screamer 12 is incredible. Do you have a dealer in....."
Another person who tried the SCREAMER 12 was very impressed. This person just bought another kite from another company few days before trying the kite and was very impressed with the SCREAMER 12 compare to his, but also a little disappointed that he had to go back to the new kite he just purchased.
You have to understand this is the reason why we have this WARNING on all our ads. "WARNING: DO NOT BUY ANOTHER KITE UNTIL YOU EXPERIENCE AND EPIC KITE". This is one of the reasons why I am doing all these demos so I can give you a chance to demo the kites before you go and buy something that you will regret later.
:cry:
Attachments
A day at work.jpg
Kiter tesing the hang time of the S10.jpg
2.jpg
This is the expression you get after demoing the EPIC kite.  I have seen it so many times.jpg
IMG_4646.jpg
IMG_4202-2.jpg
IMG_3838.jpg
hooking people up on EPIC.jpg
IMG_3587-98.jpg
IMG_3822.jpg
IMG_3470 1.jpg
DSC_0102 7.jpg
Testing the S12 after buying another kite from another company 2 days before this Epic demo.jpg

superpak101
Medium Poster

Postby superpak101 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:21 am

Anyone know when the 3G II kites are supposed to be released for sale to the public?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:36 am

Anyone know when the 3G II kites are supposed to be released for sale to the public?
Hello Mr.superpak101,
We have been doing small orders of the 3G II and selling them to our EPIC dealers. But the 3G II EPICKITES web site will be up and running by the middle of this week. The 3G II SCREAMERS will be available in December.
Again the only difference from the 3G and 3G II is the "EPIC" font that is on the canopy of the kite. This is the only difference that the 3G II have. But you will see that the INFINITY v2, the RENEGADE 13 LTD v2 and the RACER models already have these new "EPIC" fonts on their canopy. So these are part of the 3G II models. Same thing with the boards and accessories.
Will be posting on the ktieforums a new topic called: "EPICKITES 3G II".
Attachments
extra large epic 3G II.jpg
DSC_0040.jpg

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake

Postby ym » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:37 am

Just got back from OBX trip and had a chance to try new Epic Screamers and wanted to share my opinion.
I have owned and flown most of Epic kites and one thing that I can tell about the new kites are: they are just so refined and feels much much better!
For my taste, 1st and 2nd generation Screamers were a bit "too fast" but the new one.... man, it is just something.
The bar pressure is slightly more than before (just perfect for me), relaunch is non-comparison.... it's like a different kite.. much easier. Boost very high and the hang time is just amazing!
This kite is definitely for those who wants to boost high and just enjoy the true adrenaline!
Yet, it doesn't have the twitchness that the older kites used to have...
Great job Dimitri. Keep em coming!
Attachments
IMG_1670.jpg
IMG_1632.jpg
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1574.jpg

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:02 am

Yet, it doesn't have the twitchness that the older kites used to have...
Great job Dimitri. Keep em coming![/quote]

Twitchness?? Please explain!

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake

Postby ym » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 am

Now, this is totally just my opinion...
What I mean by twitchness is that the older Screamers were so fast that you had to pay attention to it. With just one pull with a finger, the kite was moving and exploding with power... (well, I am ex-adulating...)
It was definitely meant for an advanced kiter only, however, the new Screamers are just so refined and much easier to fly, a beginner can almost fly it :)
I still recommend the Renegades for the beginner.
It is all just my opinion. I would strongly recommend flying it yourself!

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:37 pm

I think i understand what you mean, the older screamers have a little extra bite to them. They feel very nice and raw. Actually the thing i love about the 2010 screamers. The kites jump great but you need to figure out the timing a little better.

The 3Gs fly smoother and jump easier. Havent flown them to much yet since my kites are always out testing but i feel you can jump easier higher with them and the hangtime improved too. The part i disagree on is the 3Gs are waaaay faster then my 2010s. Where a kiteloop on my 12m 2010 is a little scary the 12 3G goes round in half the time.

Cant wait to REALLY test my 3Gs. I love to ride my 2010 12m in 22/30 knots because the roaring raw power comes out fully. I havent had that chance yet with my 3G 12m. But in lesser winds then that it definitly jumps easier and better.

None the less, i did miss that raw roaring power feeling a little which i love. Hope 4G will be more brutal again. but still jump easy.

I had people that where still learning to ride properly with the Screamers/renegages and Judge and they could ride anything without a problem. Except for the Judge as long as a kite has bridles/SLE its not that hard to ride.

Return to “Kitesurfing”