Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby L0KI » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:24 am

Supa- I try to be respectful too...
but I've seen you post several times trying to crystal ball then contradict, the wind numbers that people on this forum have claimed. Are you calling these people liars?
...do you believe that your speculations are more accurate that the claims of the kiters in all these places...on all those kites, in person with witnesses, with wind meters and with video cameras?
Where do you get the mental assurance that you know better, sitting in front of your computer, than the people who were there? ..on this day in Greece, or with the other posts that you have written (speculated) the same things previously?
Your self assured contradictions to their claims are directly disrespectful to these people.
Your years of experience, your conviction, and your ego aside...you do not know for sure, and it would be great if you would stop saying you do.
No need to post your calculation theories again, ..understood the first time..and the second time, and so on.
I tend to trust people (probably to a fault) until I see something concrete (not you looking at a pic and speculating) to contradict a claim, so I'm going to believe people when they claim a wind number.
In the case of this video above, I don't care what the wind was, so no point in arguing the number, what was impressive is that the Infinity (not a 17M kite) on 22 meter lines, with an Oxygen TT ..was out there with a Speed 21 and race board combination and...
It would appear from the video that it was beating the SP21 upwind and overall speed across the water.
This was not a video shot and edited by a video production crew, like many videos from kite companies,
This was just a kiter riding holding a GoPro.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:19 am

Oldnbroken wrote:It would appear from the video that it was beating the SP21 upwind and overall speed across the water.
It would appear from your post that you're assuming the S3 rider was trying as hard as D :lol: I could beat Rossi around a track... so long as nobody told him there was a race on ;)

This is the same point I was making earlier...

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:
It would appear from the video that it was beating the SP21 upwind and overall speed across the water.

This was just a kiter riding holding a GoPro.

First of all it is not just a kiter :lol: he is a PRO ficient + extremely talented experienced "kiter"

He is very competitive and was using his awesome talent to race those two guys

I have explained that when the LW reaches 11 knots in any LW kite we can ALL be equal

But the person with more skills at kiting in LW will match or surpass them with his technique

LW has a different meaning from one person to the next

When a16.25/16.50 or 16.75M kite is parked low on 22m lines w/82kg rider on 135x47 TT

And he is planing fast holding bar with one hand and camera in the other...11knots power in kite

How do i know...sixth sense ? lots and lots of experience in real LW ?...

TRUE LW is by the way single digit wind speeds 7-8-9 knots and no more....and not 10-11-12

At 8-9 knots...no more..on 22m...he would need both hands on his bar...and sine to heck out of it

To generate momentum.....and in this light of a wind i do not consider that to be any fun

Experienced kiters on SP3 21 or Dyno 17 and raceboards would have BLOWN by him

That is the video we will NEVER see...because he could not hold on to his GoPro

Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!
Been thanked: 0

Postby Aummm » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:46 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Experienced kiters on SP3 21 or Dyno 17 and raceboards would have BLOWN by him
There is no doubt about that and even without a raceboard for sure :roll:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:18 pm

At 8-9 knots...no more..on 22m...he would need both hands on his bar...and sine to heck out of it
To generate momentum.....and in this light of a wind i do not consider that to be any fun
Experienced kiters on SP3 21 or Dyno 17 and raceboards would have BLOWN by him
I am sorry but I don't need to explain myself Mr.supaEZ the truth is what you see, you like it or not. But as you can see in all my videos , I use one hand on the bar so I can hold the video on the other hand in order to talk or do all my tricks. But in light wind conditions you will see that I do 2 things depending the situation and conditions I am in:

#1) I use my stopper ball and bring it close to the bar so I can have maximum power so I can use only one hand and move the kite plus do everything I want with one hand. And by doing so I have full control of the kite as if I had 2 hands on the bar. You can see other videos I have of me using the INFINITY in very light wind and you can see clearly how I take advantage of that stopper ball. No need for two hands. "I love that stopper ball"
or
#2) Sometimes I will move the outside (Blue & Red Steering lines) 10cm above and make another knot from where the first knots are on the Blue and Red lines that comes out of the wing tips of the kite. The reason I do this is to make these lines shorter for more power. But also you can do the same thing on the bar itself where you have 2 extra knots below the one where the lines is attached. All you have to do is move these outside lines 1 knot bellow. This will increase the power of the kite in light wind but will have way less depower + the kite will tend to back stall if I do unhook moves or bring the bar close the the CL. But again you need to have a PHD degree to figure this out.

Concerning the other 3 kiters that you see on the video above, they both blew me away with their race boards. For sure I could not compete with them, but as you can see on the video we all had plenty of power in 7 to 12 knots.
Actually I was the one way up wind but had to do 4 tacks to get there where the ferry boats were going back and forth compare to one tack these race guys did to meet me. They are the one that came and met me up wind. So in few words, the videos were taken on their way up towards me and once we were at the same level we all stayed there because we were not allowed to pass the ferry boats.
Also both of the kiters that were on the Foil and North kites were very experienced racers. One of them was a well know racer from Poland testing a new race board. But any way this this doesn't matter. The most important thing was that I was using the INFINITY v2 kite and the Twin Tip OXYGEN v2 board and was having a blast in 7 to 12 knots.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:48 am

Supa - So your ego does allow you to believe you know the numbers better than the people actually flying the kites?
....by looking at things from your computer?
I guess your real life experience allows you to see into that crystal ball!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:42 am

Hello Mr.supaEZ,
I thought I would help you and took the time to look for some of the videos for you. You have many more videos like these ones but this is two of the videos of the INFINITY v1 I was able to retrieve for you in order to save you some time. You will see from these videos I use the "Stopper Ball" so I can have full control of the kite with one hand and generate plenty of power. You don't need two hands on the bar if you bring your "stopper ball" close to your bar. By having the "stopper ball" close to your bar, you can move or redirect the kite as easy as having 2 hands. But you need to get use to it. This is what I tell people that are having pain problems on one of their hands and can use only one hand. Use a "Stopper Ball". So the comment you mentioned on your previous post about my hands on the bar doesn't make sense at all. But again you need to have PHD in order to figure this out.
I do the same thing in stronger winds when I plan to do my boards off moves or any moves that requires to have only one hand on the bar. I bring the "stopper ball" close to my bar so the kite never depowers.
Any way, let me know if I can help you with anything else Mr.supaEZ?

Now can you imagine what the INFINITY v2 can do!!!! . :thumb:

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:37 pm

@Mr.supaEZ..

Been a friend with Dimitri for several years i have to admit that sometimes is overenthousiast and overeacting..But for that kite he wasnt !!!

I tested it in Paros for the first time with 8 maybe 10 knots on a twin tip.I weight about 80 kilos and i was realy amazed about the performance..I was not going only upwind but throwing some 313 and BJs...

The bar was realy light for its size and as for the relaunch .... now thats a surprize...most of the times that the bar went away from my hand cause of the unhooked tricks,the kite was waiting for me to pull one side or it was standing on its side like a siting duck..

After me a friend of mine took it for a try and while with his RPM 12 couldnt even waterstart,well guess what he didnt wanted to get out as he was doind unhooked tricks..

Hopefully for me Dimtri left me this babe for demoing and to be honest i cant wait to try it for snowkite too..

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Dimitri M wrote:The most important thing was that I was using the INFINITY v2 kite and the Twin Tip OXYGEN v2 board and was having a blast in 7 to 12 knots.
I guess i am on a mission to get that 7 knots out of your vocabulary :wink:

30 minute session : 12 knots for 3 minutes
...................................11 knots for 4 minutes
...................................10 knots for 9 minutes
....................................9 knots for 12 minutes
....................................8 knots for 1minute and 30 seconds
....................................7 knots for 30 seconds

As a politician you would be telling the truth :thumb:

It is a great LW kite with 5 stars for easy relaunch...but not the Ultimate LW machine anymore

................................... :surf: .....................................................................................................................

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:40 pm

someone whom is good on a light wind kite that they have spent a lot of time on, will out perform anyone who has just stepped on.

Hence why I go with the Speed3 21m

EZ with the 19m Core kite

Dimitri on his Infinity

Tone

Return to “Kitesurfing”