Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Of all the exotic beaches and places you may have seen the V2 and V3 tested, I am sure this is the most unlikely (and maybe uninteresting) one. Dimitri sent me a V2 to try out on a trip I am taking on the 27th. He sent it early so I would get it before the xmas shipping rush. After seeing this video, he might rethink sending kites earlier than needed. :lol:
With too much time on my hands, no wind, and a cow pasture at my disposal, I decided to do my own "Redneck V2 Testing" There really was no wind most of the time, and I had to wait around for some 4 and 5kt puffs just to get the thing in the air. It did get there, and it was entertaining to see just how light the wind could be while I nursed this thing through the air. I was impressed, and Dimitri assures me that had this been a V3 we would have had even better results.
Looking forward to actually trying it in the water later this week. :bye:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJI6pgB4 ... e=youtu.be
[/i]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mr.KYLakeKiter love the title "Redneck v2 testing" video. Maybe I should name my next light wind V3 video like that. I guess you guys must of been very bored an anxious to test that INFINITY V2 demo and see if what you read and see was true.
As you can see on the video the V2 had difficulties staying up in the air in 5 knots. This is where the V3 puts the V2 to shame. But again who will kite in less then 5 knots on an SUP board!!! You need to be very good. Again the V2 & V3 are perfect from (6-7 to 13 - 14 knots) for people that are interested in kiting in such light winds.
Any way, make sure to test the V2 in the water in 7 to 11 knots and then test it from 11 to 16 knots and let us know what you think. Then please send it back because I do have other customers waiting for it.
:thumb:
Attachments
DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0171 2.jpg
DSC_0198 1.jpg

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KYLakeKiter » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:07 am

I think that the important reason you want to fly a kite in close to 4kts is really not to be able to ride an SUP (that is what paddles are for). The reason I want a kite that stays in the air in as low wind as possible is because when trying to ride in 6 to 8kts, there are always going to be lulls, so keeping the kite out of the water is important. I would much rather sit in the water and wait out a lull than try to launch a wet kite in 6kts. Just my oppinion. Sorry if I am stating the obvious, but even a "wind bottom feeder" like me has no interest in riding at 5 kts. :bye:

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite2Heaven » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:51 am

Hey Dimitri, what about vents similar to Ocean Rodeo for top end control in the V4 , just a thought...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Hey Dimitri, what about vents similar to Ocean Rodeo for top end control in the V4 , just a thought..
Nice idea Mr.Kite2Heaven, but the less things you put on a kite the lighter it will be and it will perform way better in lighter winds. Plus I don't want to use some one else concept on our kites especially if we don't need to.
:thumb:

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:59 pm

I just got back from my trip that I took to test out the Infinity V2 that Dimitri sent me. First of all, if you want to try out an Epic kite, just email Dimitri. He makes it very easy and will work with you to get it when you need it.

I ended up going to St. Petersburg FL because that was the nearest place with a descent water temp. Winds were NW, so I ended up at the North Beach at Ft. Desoto. Winds when I got there were 5 to 6kts. There were some local wind surfers there who helped us with our wind estimates. Everyone on the beach was surprised that we were actually able to even launch the kite. We did about 45 minutes of downwind runs just figure 8ing the kite to get enough pull to ride. I was impressed with how fast the kite turned in such low winds. That allowed me to keep it in the window enough to barely keep enough speed to ride the board. I rode an RRD Domingo surfboard, and my friend who was also trying the kite out rode a Spleene Barndoor 159. I am 175 lbs and Steve is 190 lbs. Wind picked up to about 8kts during one of my walks back up the beach, and from that point upwind was easy. Unfortunately, we only got about 20 minutes of the steady 8kt wind (which was really where I wanted to see how the kite did). The kite turned really fast for a big kite and was fun to fly. The wind quickly picked up to about 15kts and I felt a little overpowered in the gusts, so I landed it before I got myself in trouble (I chickened out early since it wasn't my kite yet). I switched to a 12m for the rest of the day, so no more V2 winds.

The next day was very unlikely to get good winds, but I went to a local park that was favorable for NE winds. Ended up with 4 to 6kts, dropping to nothing. Since the kite kept dropping out of the sky due to wind dropping to nothing, I took the opportunity to test low wind relaunch. What I found was pretty cool. The kite rotated leading edge off the water about the same as any of my other kites, but once the kite was at that point where it was about to come off the water and my other kites just rotate up and drop on their tail, the V2 actually launched every time. So what I am saying is that once the kite had enough wind to rotate onto it's edge, it could fly. I really liked that. Since the wind was quitting so often, I got to see the kite fall out of the sky several times, and I may have just been lucky, but I did not have any problem with the kite twisting up or folding on me. Each time, it dropped on its leading edge, drifted downwind and straightened itself out.

Overall, I am really impressed with the kite. I don't expect miracles out of any kite, but I think this kite has all the light wind characteristics that I am looking for. Too bad I didn't have a V3 with me Sunday. It would have been fun to see how much better it stayed in the air in the lulls. I highly recommend that anyone interested in any Epic Kites give them a try. Dimitri is all about letting his kites do the talking for themselves. :thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Nice review..........i totally "APPROVE" your supa enthusiastic and BS free message

I am sooooo glad also......... that i got to meet you in person :D

.......Happy New Year ...no matter what brand gear you ride.....it's ALL good......... :surf: :sun:..............

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Very nice and honest review Mr.KYLakeKiter. :thumb:
I know the end results and this is the reason why I am not afraid to send the demos to customers so they can try the kite and see for themselves what the kite is all about. As you can see the kite talks for itself.
Will be sending you the new INFINITY V2 that you ordered once I get that V2 demo back.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 am

Emails like that makes you push the envelops for even better products then what you have.
This email was sent from a customer in France. Time to practice your French.
Bonjour Dimitri Maramenides,
C’est vous le patron mais c’est votre femme qui commande…
Surtout ne faite pas de publicité sur l’infinity, comme vous pouvez le voir , grâce à cette aile , j’ai le spot pour moi tout seul. C’est de l’humour parce quand il n’y a pas trop de vent , que tout le monde reste sur la plage , l’infinity me permet de m’amuser en mer (c ’était le cas de votre première vidéo sur l’infinity lors d’une démonstration).
Salutations.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:36 am

Dimitri M wrote:Emails like that makes you push the envelops for even better products then what you have.
This email was sent from a customer in France. Time to practice your French.
Bonjour Dimitri Maramenides,
C’est vous le patron mais c’est votre femme qui commande…
Surtout ne faite pas de publicité sur l’infinity, comme vous pouvez le voir , grâce à cette aile , j’ai le spot pour moi tout seul. C’est de l’humour parce quand il n’y a pas trop de vent , que tout le monde reste sur la plage , l’infinity me permet de m’amuser en mer (c ’était le cas de votre première vidéo sur l’infinity lors d’une démonstration).
Salutations.
Dimitri M. a ecris :
Des courriers electonique comme ca nous force de pousser l'enveloppe pour fabriquez des produits encore meilleur que ceux que vous avez .
Ce courier electronique a ete envoyer par un client de France.
C'est le temps de pratiquer votre Francais.

Supa E. Z. a ecris :
VIVE la machine de vent leger.....avec la mysterieuse surface metrique :wink:

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Been thanked: 0

Postby frankm1960 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:49 pm

KYLakeKiter wrote: The reason I want a kite that stays in the air in as low wind as possible is because when trying to ride in 6 to 8kts, there are always going to be lulls, so keeping the kite out of the water is important.
So true. Even more so in deep water... real pain when the kite goes down just because the winds to light to fly it... be nice if kite would stay in the air in 5kts so you can body drag back to shore rather than pack up and swim.

On that note... anyone test the V2 or V3 for light wind deep water body dragging and deep water re-launches... somewhere around 4-8kts.. maybe a video even?? :D

btw... good reviews :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”