Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Dimitri M wrote: I want to come down and meet you face to face is so I can record your reaction once you demo the INFINITY v2 with the OXYGEN V2 board.
Better bring two INFV2 and two OXYGEN boards then :D

I want to be on the water at the same time as you on the exact same gear at first in 8-9 knots

Then i will go in and use the same Oxygen board but with my XR219 for a side by side with you

Be careful for what you wish however...since we are both have matched LW skills

We may have to record "your" surprised reaction

Just like you 22 years windsurfing...13 years kitesurfing...my reaction will not be the one you think

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 pm

INFINITY V2= no number (not a 17) so you don't know.
YOU HAVE NOT FLOWN IT BUT YOU CONTINUE TO MAKE SPECIFIC WIND NUMBER CLAIMS ABOUT IT'S PERFORMANCE, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO DO FROM THAT CHAIR YOU ARE SITTING IN.
Ego much?
How is that Core thread of yours coming???...Really dude, give it a rest.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:50 am

Count me in Dimitri. I will run the Camera and capture you and SupaEZ. I live 40 minutes from him. I will give the kite a go also. I am 240 lbs and go in Ultra light wind.

:happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :desperado: :desperado:

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:00 am

Oldnbroken wrote:I thought your skin was thick enough that a little FS comment didn't bother you.
They don't. But being WRONG - on the internet! - that's something else again :lol:

Over here, 90% of people just "mow the lawn" no matter what kite they're riding or how much wind there is. If one was to look at them and draw conclusions... you see the problem of drawing making statements based solely on observations ;)

KiteFrisco
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Frisco, NC
Favorite Beaches: Frisco, NC
Style: Waves, Flat Water
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteFrisco » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:53 am

Tone wrote: I think you are mistaken and quite rude when you come on here and say that those people on FS kites are only interested in mowing the lawn.
Tone, I think you're mistaken in what I said. I said that someone who only wants to mow the lawn on flat water might want a FS. I didn't say that's all people do with it. I also said that I haven't seen someone having fun with one on the waves (other than mowing the lawn). I'm always on the lookout for the FS ocean side hoping to see someone do something interesting with it.

Why don't I see FS out in head high surf in Hatteras riding waves? Could it be that if it gets rolled by a wave, game over?

Note that my comments are wave related. If FS is a wave kite, I'd like a demo.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:13 am

KiteFrisco wrote:
Tone wrote: I think you are mistaken and quite rude when you come on here and say that those people on FS kites are only interested in mowing the lawn.
Tone, I think you're mistaken in what I said. I said that someone who only wants to mow the lawn on flat water might want a FS. I didn't say that's all people do with it. I also said that I haven't seen someone having fun with one on the waves (other than mowing the lawn). I'm always on the lookout for the FS ocean side hoping to see someone do something interesting with it.

Why don't I see FS out in head high surf in Hatteras riding waves? Could it be that if it gets rolled by a wave, game over?

Note that my comments are wave related. If FS is a wave kite, I'd like a demo.
That makes sense. Speeds are NOT wave kites - although there are those who use them as such :o
Game over? Usually they float over the waves - ask FredBGG about real waves and flysurfers though... I think he was on Pulses, rather than Speeds though.

Inf v2 works well in waves, huh? I've seen D doing it, but few other people...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Very nice "supaEZ" I will bring more then (1) INFINITY v2 because I know lots of people are going to want to demo this kite, and I don't want to be staying on the beach for hours. Let's just hope it won't be windy so people can have a real test for light wind. Plus will be bringing the OXYGEN v2 and also different set of bars so people can test it with 22 meters and heavier riders will be able to test it with 27 meter lines. Plus I will bring also the new prototype INFINITY v3 and see how it performs compare to the new INFINITY v2.

Mr.14ToeSide will love to have you there and any body else interested in demoing the EPIC gear. Will be posting on the KITEFORUM, FACEBOOK and under the EPIC web page when I will be doing this particular demo in Florida. And for sure 14ToeSide get your cameras ready, because that's going to be very interesting and make sure you have a zoom on your video so you can zoom on supaEZ's face because I want to see how wide his mouth opens from his reaction when he is testing the INFINITY V2 with the OXYGEN V2 board. Because at the end he might not want to admit the truth because it will contradict everything he has been posting. But at least we got his reaction on film.
:lol: :thumb:

P.S. "supaEZ" let me know when you think I should come down? It is probably a 14 hrs drive for me. You know my email, you can always email me if you rather do that. It will be better for me at the end of October beginning of December by then I should have also the new prototype INFINITY v3 to test, so you can tell CORE what they are missing on their light wind kites.
Attachments
DSC_0143.jpg
220 lbs kiter demoing the INFINITY v2 in ocean.jpg
Dimitri having a blast in ocen with INFINTY v2.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Please let's invite Oldnbroken to the showdown :wink:

P.S. chances to have LW 8-9 knots are slim to none october-november-december by the way

It has be be held at the beach in the surf also......i really don't care the river flat water stuff..

We need a test in real conditions....light wind....drift...shorebreak...whitewater...waves..choppy...etc

............................................. :surf: ......that will sure thin out the numbers of happy V2 testers.....................

I hope your next kite the V3 is closer to the size of the 19M for a fair comparison

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:09 pm

v3? Well well well 8)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:13 pm

I think Mr. Kamikuza wants to come down also from Japan. :naughty:

Return to “Kitesurfing”