Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:14 pm

Poster: nikalaitzian
HOLY SHIT!!!!Two super sessions with unhooked performance like a cable park for me!!!!
wind was 7-9 knots south with very very little density of air..All of my friends were yelling to me saying :where are you going with the this "flat","appartment","tent","sunblocker" and even if you manage to go it will never relaunch!!after a while the ironic smile has been replaced with envy eyes and begging for a ride!! :lol: :lol: well i m a nice guy and i gave em a try!!
I even nailed my first KGB!!! :naughty:
No more no windy days..
THANKS D.!!!!

Is this the same guy that did not want to try the INFINITY v2 kite!!!!! :nono:
Told you this light wind machine has made a lot of kiters very happy especially people that want to kite after work with no wind in the forecast.

P.S. Yes please I want to see a video because I don't beleive you could kite and have a good time in 7 to 9 knots with the INFINITY v2.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:48 am

nikalaitzian wrote:HOLY SHIT!!!!Two super sessions with unhooked performance like a cable park for me!!!!
wind was 7-9 knots south with very very little density of air..All of my friends were yelling to me saying :where are you going with the this "flat","appartment","tent","sunblocker" and even if you manage to go it will never relaunch!!after a while the ironic smile has been replaced with envy eyes and begging for a ride!! :lol: :lol: well i m a nice guy and i gave em a try!!
I even nailed my first KGB!!! :naughty:
No more no windy days..
THANKS D.!!!!

wind 7-9 kts S
place Loutsa,Greece
TT 135X41
82kgs

ps.next time will be a video!!
It is so difficult to know that you actually only had ....
....an average wind speed of 8 knots the whole time riding blowing inside your kite

I have a small TT 135X41 and weigh 75 kg and with that wind average i could ride with that power
And i own a Core XR2 19M...which as more power than the kite you were on

I know estimating single digits wind speed is very difficult
What counts to everyone is how windy it feels on the ground...when it comes to magic videos

To me a video showing only one guy out does not count at all

But put 2 experienced guys on different brand kites about same size..and there will be no winner

Just my opinion

Listen i am very glad you had fun.....but you were all alone and unchallenged

I believe that anyone out where you live could have kept up with you on the water when you went out

....If they had your experience,your weight,your board..and "any brand LW kite" 2012 16 or 17M

........................................................ :surf: :sun: ...................................................................

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:45 am

Salut Michel or should I say Hello SupaEz?
I was hoping to hear something from you after posting that new video about the testimonials of people demoing the INFINITY v2 kites with the OXYGEN v2 board!!!! But most important was the end of that video about the prototype INFINITY v3 I was testing in 4 to 7 knots. If you did not see it then here you go, enjoy the end of this video.
Wait until you see the full version of people testing the V3 prototype INFINITY in lighter winds then the V2 version. It is 16 minutes long, but every second counts once you see it.
:o

P.S. Can't wait to see your face once you get your hands on the new prototype V3 INFINITY once I come down to FL for the demo you want to put. I am ready to rock your world. The big question is: ARE YOU READY!!!!!!

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 am

@Mr Supa...I wasn't alone.a guy with a FLYSURFER 22m was cruising around and I was doing all of my tricks!i hate doing" sailing romance"...the guy said to me that the next time he is gonna try the INFINITY :allbegood:

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pmaggie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:32 am

FOUR to SEVEN knots? Dimitri, I think everyone will for sure ask "is it true??", but I can imagine your answer and in the video the water is soooo flat that you're making me dream... :D
What about the top end for an intermediate (please read "not such a good") kiter?
Where do you think I can test it in Italy as soon as you release the beast?

Thanks a lot!

Paolo

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Poster: pmaggie
FOUR to SEVEN knots? Dimitri, I think everyone will for sure ask "is it true??", but I can imagine your answer and in the video the water is soooo flat that you're making me dream... :D
What about the top end for an intermediate (please read "not such a good") kiter?
Where do you think I can test it in Italy as soon as you release the beast?
Thanks a lot!
Paolo
Dear Mr.pmaggie,
Even me could not beleive the performance of this prototype. Especially staying up in the air in 2 to 4 knots while flying it on the beach. I documented everything for the video I am working on.
Concerning testing the INFINITY V3 prototype in stronger winds.....I already did test it few days later in 9 to 16 knots head to head with the INFINITY V2 and it was working great, but you could feel that the V3 had more pull then the V2. But never had the chance to take some videos. But here are some pictures testing the INFINITY V3 prototype against the INFINITY v2 in 9 to 16 knots. Will get some videos next time testing the V3 in 10 to 18 knots to add to that video I am working on, and when the time is right I will release this video so you can see it for yourself.
But personally, I do think that the V3 won't be able to be as nice as the V2 in 14 to 18 knots because of its power. The INFINITY V2 is more manageable is this type of conditions. But from my understanding the idea is to make a kite that will be able to stay up in the air in 2 to 4 knots and move fast for snow kiting, land boarding or kite bugging and be able to have fun in the water in 5 to 8 knots for riders that are (100 to 180 lbs) and 8 to 16 knots for riders that are (190 to 200++lbs). Also the INFINITY V2 comes with 22 meters + an extra set of 5 meters for bigger riders that want more power in light conditions.
But once again you need to be an advance kiter in order to venture in these type of light wind conditions (6 to 9 knots) + have the proper light wind board. You definitely can't be a beginner and try to go kiting in 5 to 8 knots. You need to know how to fly the kite and how to generate power because that is the reason why the INFINITY v1, v2 & v3 are so amazing in light wind. They move so fast and that is how they create the power you need to plane is such light breeze.

P.S. As you can see in these pictures bellow we are using the DROID v2 (135x41cm) board because we could not hold an edge with the OXYGEN v2 light wind board.
Again the INFINITY V3 is a prototype and won't be release for a while. The V2 is still an amazing kite.

:thumb:
Attachments
Helen showing off.jpg
DSC_0118 3.jpg
DSC_0078 2.jpg
DSC_0216 8.jpg
DSC_0120 4.jpg
DSC_0171 6.jpg
DSC_0200 7.jpg
DSC_0248 10.jpg
DSC_0275 11.jpg

av_dumitrascu
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kazeboo, Navodari, Constanta/Romania
Favorite Beaches: Gokceada, Turkey
Lefkada, Greece
Kalpitya, Sri Lanka
Style: free-ride, kitesurfing
Gear: Fireware Vanguard 5'2"
F-one Signature Bamboo 6'3"
North Juice 15m
North Neo 12m
North Neo 10m
North Click bar
North Neo 8m
North Spike 153
Rapace Eagle 10m
Rapace Eagle 6m
Rapace Condor 12m
Rapace Condor3 8m
Spleene X 19
Ion Spectre harness
Mystic soft-gear
Sigi Grabner snowboard
Apo Chasta snowkite board
F-One Matira iSUP 10'6"
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding
Rapace Kiteboarding
Been thanked: 0

Postby av_dumitrascu » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:39 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:@Mr Supa...I wasn't alone.a guy with a FLYSURFER 22m was cruising around and I was doing all of my tricks!i hate doing" sailing romance"...the guy said to me that the next time he is gonna try the INFINITY :allbegood:
there is NO 22m Flysurfer!

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:56 pm

av_dumitrascu wrote:
nikalaitzian wrote:@Mr Supa...I wasn't alone.a guy with a FLYSURFER 22m was cruising around and I was doing all of my tricks!i hate doing" sailing romance"...the guy said to me that the next time he is gonna try the INFINITY :allbegood:
there is NO 22m Flysurfer!
maybe i missunderstood cause i was in the water ... :oops:

but it was a realy big one.....

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Hey get your numbers straight dude...SP3 is a 21
Also the guy on that foil must suck as a LW kiter if he did not kick your ass in 7-9 knots max !!
My feeling is that you had more wind than you claim (numbers again) to do your awesome KGB's
He will suck just the same on that INF and you know it

Maturity & expertise are needed to judge exactly how much wind is in the kite while on the water

You will get there one day...or not...BS is rampant around here...honest LW truth is more attractive

Are you sure 100% about that 7-8-9kn max wind ???...82kg...135x41...KGB's really
Or is it possible it puffed up to 10-11 kn at times ??...or even that the average was instead 10.5 kn !
How can you even tell 7kn...did you eyeball it ??...did your measure it on land???

I laugh my head off when i read all those LW numbers all the time
I guess the laws of physics cease to exist where you guys ride :lol:

My motto is stay modest.....stay honest about those impossible to determine LW speeds in a kite

............................... :surf: :sun: ...................................................................................................................

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Salut Dimitri...or is Dimitri?

Listen this is getting ridiculous...
.....all those single digit low wind speed numbers you are trowing around :roll:

You run a business and you need to sell...that i understand...

2-4kn......5-8kn......ect .... etc.....Yet you stubbornness can't reveal a number (size) for it :lol:

Do not bother coming to our town in Florida.....your time is too valuable...and especially my time

There will be no organized demo with videos..testimonies....and all the blah blah blah ....boring

Stay well....sell sell :cash: sell sell.....but not to Michel

....................................... :surf: :sun: ..................................................

Return to “Kitesurfing”