Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Dj-A-RON...nice sunset photos on INF...with 12 knots / 13 mph wind

Nikalaitzian..photo of extra LW SUP'ing...5-6 knots / 6-7mph

Dimitri...i watched all 5 videos...again :roll:

Jupiter..i rode that day at my beach...very cold day..N to NNW wind..INF has 8-9 kn/9-10 mph...
....when that first guy went out....second guy has 10 knots /11 mph..no one rode in 5/6/7kn

Connecticut...you are jumping..backroll downloops..10-11kn/11-12.5mph...no 7/8/9kn ...
....it may have dropped to 9kn for 2 seconds....but that don't count :)

Naples..January westerlies late in the afternoon...my specialty...on the shore.. yes...5-6kn max...
...but on the water you cruised back and forth with 8kn / 9 mph...."A" for effort "one handed"

St-Barts....wow more high jumps...speed runs....high backrolls one handed downloops.....
.....i give it 11-12kn /12.5-13.5mph.......definitely no single digit knots or mph

Greece.....a dream..to see you glide fast effortlessly...in 11 knots..12.5 mph
...maybe it dropped to 10 knots for a few seconds...no single digit...very steady wind..beautiful

What do you want me to say...you put all those videos out for me to comment..correct :wink:

You have a kite who stays up in the type of LW wind most people would not consider to go out in

I always say...do not to try to measure light wind..or judge by water texture...or trees swaying

If you own a LW specific kite..pump it..put it up..GO on the water...and give it your best shot

You might be pleasantly surprise when all your senses say NO way...but can actually go real EZ

Rule of thumb...expect to be pleasantly surprised with INF in 8...9...and 10 knots

If you feel it is less than that wind speed...give it a shot anyway...try it..it could be a special wind!

Heck...if you own a 12ft SUP...go ahead in 5-6kn..it works..the kite will stay up in that wind...

...even if it feels like 3-4 kn on the ground...launch the kite..maybe 5-6 kn up there in the sky........

......to practice your UltraLW technique touch :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:24 pm

I think a hand full of people that had doubts about the light wind capability of the INFINITY v2 and now the v3 prototype will be very shocked after they see this new video showing the performance of the new prototype INFINITY v3 we have been working on in practically "NO WIND".
In my opinion, that is just incredible. Show me another kite that can stay up in the air in basically less then 4 knots and be able to ride on the water.

P.S. I am not saying it is fun to kite in 4 knots on a SUP but at least you are on the water exercising doing what you love. And not to forget, you are the only one out kiting. :naughty:

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:55 pm

gradient effect, probably 5kt @ 15m, right ;)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:18 pm

gradient effect, probably 5kt @ 15m, right ;)
No actually I had a motor under the SUP board. :thumb:

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:03 am

Hours and Hours of photoshopping :rollgrin:

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Tiago1973 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:51 pm

impressive

just curious:
would u be able to do the same but w/ a 7m?
(meaning - would a 7m renegade be up in the air in that windspeed?)

this summer i also sup with a kite but was not able to edge (was a airsup), so went down-wind, slack in the lines, kite in the water :evil: . is it easy to keep the edge with that sup of yours ? or is it something where you will need some mad skills?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Just curious:
would u be able to do the same but w/ a 7m?
(meaning - would a 7m renegade be up in the air in that windspeed?)
this summer i also sup with a kite but was not able to edge (was a airsup), so went down-wind, slack in the lines, kite in the water :evil: . is it easy to keep the edge with that sup of yours ? or is it something where you will need some mad skills?
Hello Mr.Tiago1973,
The truth is that I did put the INFINITY v2 to the test in the same condition of wind with an SUP board few days later to see the performance of the INFINITY V2 compare to the INFINITY V3 prototype. In few words, I got stuck in the middle of the bay because my kite fell in the water and had to swim almost a mile back. Some how in 2 to 4 knots the INFINITY v2 had a harder time to stay up in the air and had tendency to back stall compare to the INFINITY V3. In that video I posted earlier, I went way up wind and had to work my way to go down wind which was not fun as going up wind, but at least I was the only one kiting and working on my kiteboarding skills in piratically "NO WIND".
I have not tested the RENEGADE 5 or 7 in such light winds (2 to 4 knots), so I can't tell you what will happen. I am 100% sure that it won't work as good as the INFINITY V2 or the INFINITY V3. But on the other hand, I have tested the TUTOR 2.5m trainer kite in these kinds of light winds and it works, but the lines of the TUTOR are very thin and very light weight, and you still need to work the kite back and forth to keep it in the air compare to the INFINITY V2 or V3 that can be just parked above your head with out moving.
But again the INFINITY V3 is still a prototype because once the wind picks up to 17 knots you are having a harder time holding the edge of your board compare to the INFINITY V2 that has a better range. But again that depends of the weight of the rider.
So we are still working on that for the V3.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Dimitri M wrote: I have tested the TUTOR 2.5m trainer kite in these kinds of light winds and it works, but the lines of the TUTOR are very thin and very light weight
interesting comment, is this such a big advantage?

did you consider the use thinner lines customized for the Infinity?

thnaks

PS
guess that when my Fat Lady is over, in 2 or 4 years, i will consider the Infinity V8. from what i see it will be able to fly in 0,005 knts :)

KiteFrisco
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Frisco, NC
Favorite Beaches: Frisco, NC
Style: Waves, Flat Water

Postby KiteFrisco » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Dimitri,

When will the Infinity V3 be available?
Will it be improved for the surf, or are you focusing on very light, flat water?
i.e. Can I stick it in an 8' wave and not worry about it getting trashed?
Will it turn just as well?

I'm using the V1 now and am quite pleased. I really don't care much about staying upwind as I mostly do down-winders. I do want it to turn well, generate lots of power when I want it, and drift when I'm on the wave. I just want to be sure that when I want to upgrade, there will still be a good option.

PS I think now is a good time in the OBX for you to make a nice Infinity V3 surf video since the wind is nuking at 0-5mph. The waves are small, though. I'd rather see one with head-high glass.

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua

Postby Hawaiis » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:42 pm

That is impossible without helium in the bladder

Return to “Kitesurfing”