Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Hello guys,
This is the introduction video of the new INFINITY v2 Renegade light wind machine kite .
I hope this video gives you a better idea about the INFINITY v2 performance.
Enjoy it.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:12 pm

We at EPIC KITES WISH YOU A HAPPY EPIC HOLIDAY.
Thank you very much for all your support and also for such an amazing year.
:bye:
(Enjoy this funny video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeOwojrLe4M :lol:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:32 am

This is a video of the INFINITY v2 and the DROID board in action in light winds (9 to 12 knots) with Rocky Chatwell.

P.S. I guess you never thought these moves were possible in such light winds.....Remember, we are the one having fun.

Kitecave
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: co-ownwer www.Kitecave.com featuring Epic ,Core, Ozone, HQ, Wainman, Hyperflex and Ocean Rodeo
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitecave » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Hey Rocky

Awesome video! :thumb:

Looks like you are re writing the book on low wind kiting with the Infinity V2/Droid Combo...Texas will never be the same!

Cheers

Kitecave

MOMI
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MOMI » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:36 pm

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

takunnn
Rare Poster

Postby takunnn » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Dimitri M wrote:This is a video of the INFINITY v2 and the DROID board in action in light winds (9 to 12 knots) with Rocky Chatwell.

P.S. I guess you never thought these moves were possible in such light winds.....Remember, we are the one having fun.

I like very much this video...seems this kite funny!!!
what is more funny WH big mama 14,5m o epic infinity ?
Why don´t exist videos of WH big mama 14,5? :argue: I think that Wainman talks non-sense in the descripcion of his kites, that is the mother of boss, bla bla...talk non-sense a lot of :lol:
and the important for example WH don ´t say the range of the wind
what has more pop in less wind for freestyle? :jump:
epic infinity has a decent pop in how many knots minimum? 10 knots?
:D

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Poster: "takunnn"
what has more pop in less wind for freestyle? :jump:
epic infinity has a decent pop in how many knots minimum? 10 knots?
:D
Hello "takunnn",
Depending your weight and the board you are using. I am between a 178 and 182 lbs depending the days but I can start jumping and popping nicely in 8 to 11 knots with the INFINITY v1 & v2. But in 6 to 9 knots it gets a little tricky. You might be able to do some small transition jumps and small pops while staying up wind but the jumping is not as fun as if you are riding in 8 to 11 knots. But again I am using the OXYGEN board 135x47cm. Now if you are 145 / 155 lbs I am sure you will be able to pop and jump better in 6 to 9 knots.
I hope this answers your question.

WaterManFitness
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wherever it's going off at!
Favorite Beaches: Port Waikato, NZ
Style: Wave, freeride
Gear: EPIC - what else do you need?
Brand Affiliation: WaterMan Fitness

Postby WaterManFitness » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:52 am

Video review of the Infinity V2- I normally don't talk like I've swallowed a bottle of quaaludes, but kiting for 6 hours has that euphoric effect :thumb: I plan on writing out a detailed comparison of the V2 and the Speed 3 21m in the near future. In the interim, here's my thoughts on the V2.

giBiLatoR
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wellington Point, Brisbane, QLD Australia.
Style: Face first - Anything with a kiteloop
Gear: 2x 2012 Epic Screamer LTD 10m
2012 Epic Screamer 7m
2010 Naish Torch 12M
Mystic Warrior III
F-One Acid IV 130x39 (50mm fins)
Underground Steeze 136 w/ Cab Sync bindings (30mm fins)
Underground Crypt 132x40 (30mm fins)

Postby giBiLatoR » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:42 am

ONE PROBLEM! You guys are not represented in the great southern land (australia for those guessing). Would kill to be ripping in those 3 or so knots you miss out on with regular kites =[

Kitecave
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: co-ownwer www.Kitecave.com featuring Epic ,Core, Ozone, HQ, Wainman, Hyperflex and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Kitecave » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:17 pm

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:56 pm Post subject: Re: Best light Wind kite....
As reviewed on Canadian Forum www.thechickenloop.com :D

Infinity and Beyond
Epic Renegade Infinity V2 review

First off, I am not affiliated with epic in anyway other than owning one of their kites, which I paid for. I know there are some strong opinions out there on kiteforum about Dimitri and his marketing efforts. He did not pay me to write this review, so please keep the flame throwers set on a dull roast.

About me: I weigh 215 lbs. I have been riding Cabrinha gear since I learned to kite in 2009. I have spent time on Liquid Force havoc (2008), Naish Parks (2012). My main kites are 2009 switchblade IDS 12M, 2010 Switchblade 9M and 2011 crossbow 13M and convert 7M. My boards are a "fako" 153 (basically a copy of a mako), a Jelly fish twin tip and an Air rush choptop 5'8".. I have a gear habit...
I am not a great rider. I like to cruise, mess around in waves, boost, front and back roll. But I do LOVE to kite.

I find that the true functional bottom end on the 12m switchblade for me is 15kn with the twin tip and maybe 13kn on the chop top. I consider functional bottom end to mean that I am not stressed out about being blown downwind or too worried to boost because I will have trouble making up lost ground.

I have been reading all the stuff I can and it seems that this is "normal". I have been VERY tempted to get a Flysurfer S3 21M deluxe however the price tag and lack of demo availability precluded this purchase. There is a well known kiter-dealer in Toronto beaches area who sells them, however he turned down my request to demo. I could not plunk down $3K on reputation alone.

I have also been reading kite forum and all the flaming and pimping that goes on there with Dimitri and the Infinity. I did not believe the 8 knots claim. I called Kite cave in Orillia to setup a Demo. Paul was willing to let me try it out but our schedules never lined up.

Over Christmas and New Years my wife and I headed down to Hatteras for some milder temps and kiting. We had quite a few good days of wind but on Wednesday we were looking at an off day. Having nothing better to do, I emailed Dimitri and asked if it was possible to DEMO an infinity. About 45 seconds later I got a text message saying he was in Florida, but if I wanted I could go to his house, grab the kite and return it whenever I was done with it. Wow..... This guy is intense....
I drove up to nags head that afternoon, and went to the beach. The wind was reading 6kn on the hand held anonometer. I thought... no F'n way this will fly. But WTF, I am at the beach so might as well pump it up. I blew it up and holy shit I could jump on the beach (the way your not supposed to in a crowded place). I grabbed the chop top and found I could ride up wind. I would not have believed it if I did not experience it. I know all y'all are thinking BS... but take it for what its worth. It was probably 8-9kn in the air off the beach. I wanted to do a head to head with the 13m crossbow. The crossbow would not even fill with air let alone take off.....
Anyway... I called Dimitri to thank him.... boy that guy can talk.... 10 min later I got a call from Paul at kitecave trying to land the order. I do appreciate a sales guy who is not afraid to ask for the order. I talked to him for a while and they setup the deal for me.
So I spent the next full day on the kite and here are my thoughts:

The good: The kite seriously will pull me upwind on a surfboard in 8-9kn. A twintip 10kn and I am cruising 12-13 and I am on full depower. At Real the next day there were a bunch of awesome kiters on 12m Envy and switchblades, they were 160 lb range and fighting to stay upwind. I was 215 and on full depower.... wow.... awesome.
The Kite is SUPER stable in the air. It will not overfly the window or need constant figure eights in light wind.

The relaunch works in light wind... more detail below

Boosts are awesome and controlled. Kite redirects QUICK

my limited skills in load and POP were taken to the next level on this kite. Much better than the SB.. this is to be taken with a grain of salt as I am hardly a freestyler.

The bad: I am used to cabrinhas. Cabs fully depower when you let go of the bar. This kite does not. If you put the kite in the power zone, you will get PULLED. I had some fluky wind where I was launching, the kite back stalled a bit and I got a bit lofted. There is NO way to turn off the kite once its in the zone. If you re-launch this guy deep in the window you will get pulled down wind as the kite goes up. In 10kn no biggy. In 15.... make SURE you wait until the kite reaches the edge before you let her fly. It is POWERFUL!
The relaunch is interesting. I could relaunch in 6-8kn when standing. Just for fun I tried to do it without touching the bottom. The downwind drift was too powerful to build the back pressure required to get the kite to the side of the window (8kn). I could probably do it if I had my board on my feet but I wanted a worst case scenario. No problem at 10kn. You can also reverse launch the kite but be prepared for some airtime even in 8-9kn.

The Ugly: I don't like the safety. I am used to the IDS system. If I hit the QR I want the kite to turn off. This kite does not. It keeps pulling downwind. If the wind jacked up to 20kn for a few min and you were on the beach there is serious lofting potential with no good escape. Either ditch the kite, grab the oh shit and tangle the lines, or ride it out. I don't like either option. The best bet is don’t bring that kite if the wind is gusting above 15kn.

Final thoughts: Believe the hype, this kite delivers in 9-12kn for a 215lb guy. Be EXTRA safe and aware, this kite pulls and there are no brakes. I am stoked for Ontario summers!!! brind on the 10kn days!

edit: Bar pressure was perfect. Much lighter than my cabs in all sizes.... WAY lighter than the 16M switchblade I have demoed. Heavier and more feedback than the parks which I disliked Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable
Daniel.S (User)

Junior Boarder

Report to moderator Logged
Last Edit: 2012/01/03 20:43 By Daniel.S.

Return to “Kitesurfing”