Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby pmaggie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Dimitri, I spent my vacation in Maui last august... :D

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:01 pm

SupaEZ wrote:I watched video....wind speed in ocean..to ride that powered and move that fast..11 knots of power

I watched video...wind speed in sound..to ride that powered and spray that much..11 knots of power

I say of power because where you kite the wind and water as an efficiency rating of 100..the best

So you see like 2 politicians debating we will never agree on numbers..so why bother meeting !

There was no single digit wind speed there..it is more than 9 knots in both videos (except SUP 6kn)

Everyone who has not been to Cape Hatteras should Google map it and check it out

They would learn that the wind from nearly every directions has a fetch of 20 to 50 miles

The flat water in the sound is not like a fresh water lake..actually it is as dense as ocean near shore

Using the sea oats is wind speed indicator....5-6 max..does not reflect the actual wind up there

About the downwinder ocean session in Fullsuit late in the day with Northerly side side on wind

The wind was not 6 or 7 or 8 or 9kn average.....it was double digit the whole time

Do not trust your smartphone readings on Cape Hatteras narrow strip barrier island..in LW

Do not buy any other kite before trying an Infinity in my local water...you will be blown away for sure

But as you go home to your lakes or other locations remember my water/wind rating is 100

The highest rating possible.....realistically expect with your rating of 85..needing 15% more wind

Hatteras is the most advanced laboratory location on earth for LW efficiency

I challenged anyone to show me that their spot is better than that ....to make those types of videos

............................. :surf: :sun: ..............................................................................................................
wooooow!!!! you should work for NASA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Let all take a break from LW and embrace Tropical storm "Sandy" HIGH WIND MACHINE

Garanteed to treat all kiteboarders on "small kites"...from Florida to the Outer Banks

At Cameron's age... you were on the "drawing board" only.... by your parents :)

Soooooo much talk and videos about LW.......good thing HW is on the way to save the day

NO ONE ever tries to prove with videos..that a small (no size) 6M kite can go as low as 15 knots

Wonder why? :thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:47 pm

[quote="Dimitri M"]What ever you say Mr.SupaEZ. You just remind me of my 10 year old son Cameron when he think he's always right. Then when I prove him wrong all he says: "OK DAD I WAS WRONG SORRY"...

:lol: :lol: So funny i feel the same way towards you..like i am your dad..and i need to correct you!

It must be like a "full time job to prove" to your son that you are right and he is wrong then?

Similar to all the LW videos designed "to prove" that you have the best LW kite in the world......

....and the rest of us are wrong :wink:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:59 am

SupaEZ wrote:Dimitri...your location...where you do all your movies and demos..
In the USA you have without a doubt the most prime water spot for such LW performances
Nowhere else in the USA is there a sound with such a long uninterrupted wind fetch on Westerlies
Not only that but.. the long steady wind flow only encounters a narrow barrier island and exits to seas. Smooth glassy water just before sunset with westerlies....always the very best time..and you know it.
Westerlies are not the prevailing wind directions in Hatteras according to two sites I just checked.
Seems direction and wind strength varies wildly.

Year round, Cape Hatteras sees winds from around the clock as far as direction is concerned. Generally Spring sees a good mix of SW and NE winds with some NW and North winds. Summer sees the NE die out and the SW take all the glory, with a few S and SE showing up in August and September. Fall winds show the SW fading away, replaced by NW,N and NE. Winter sees a pretty even mix of every direction on the compass with northerly winds being cooler and southerly winds being warmer.

The season “officially” starts April 1, but there are ride-able conditions year-round. Most travel to Hatteras begins in March and ends by December 1. Here is a simple breakdown of what to expect throughout the year:

March: WINDY. Cool temps and cold water. Temperatures can vary by as much as 50 degrees over the course of a few days, while winds can also change from 10 to 40 knots.

April/May: WINDY. These are the prime months for wind and warming waters on Hatteras, and it is our busiest time of the year. The SW winds are usually averaging 20 knots, with occasional NE winds of similar strength. Again you will need to be prepared for winds ranging from 10 to 40 knots on any given day, and water temps ranging from 55f to 65f.

June/July: BREEZY. SW is the prevailing wind direction and 15 to 20 knots is the norm.

August/September: Hot & Calm with Storm winds: August can see days of slick calm, or storm-driven winds over 40 knots.

October/November: WINDY. After a hot summer we always welcome the Fall and the glorious NE winds. Hurricane season is behind us, but wind and swell are still strong.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:48 am

Here is a story of a friend of mine and his Infinity V1 kite.
My buddy weighs 175 pounds.
He kites Texas lakes 90% of the time and in Corpus Christi Gulf Coast Texas the other 10%.
By the way, Corpus has conditions very, very similar to Hatteras.
Anyway, he found that the Infinity was the most powerful kite on the lake.
It was not the largest, it was the most powerful.
He sold the V1 Infinity and bought a BIGGER kite from another company because he feels it goes into higher winds for him more safely.
So, say whatever you please about kite power from the Infinity or whatever other big kite you want.
The Infinity has massive power for the (secret) size of the canopy, no other kite it's size comes close.
My buddy complained it was too powerful for him and sold that Infinity V1 to a pal who weighs 240 pounds and that kite now flies exclusively over Texas Gulf Coast waves. :wink:

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:44 am

Here are the conditions in Como Lake, Italy.
- January: we are skiing. We hope a wonderful kite season is coming soon.
- February: we are skiing. We hope a wonderful kite season is coming soon.
- March: we are mostly skiing. Should some wind come, we suffer all day in f..ing freezing water. We hope a wonderful warm kite season is coming soon.
- April: we are waiting for good, warm windy days. Sometimes they come, sometimes not. We hope a wonderful kite season is coming soon.
- May: always the best month of the past years. About the current season, we hope it will be wonderful.
- June: we hope it will be better than this year's May. But a wonderful season is coming for sure.
- July: it's normally hot, no wonder the wind is so light. We hope august will be a wonderful month for kiting.
- August: we are on vacation, sorry but we don't know if it was a wonderful season on the lake.
- September: for the moment few days of wind, but we hope a wonderful end of kiting season is coming.
- October: wind stops completely, after a season we all hoped it was wonderful.
- November: we are waiting for the snow, it will be a wonderful skiing season.
- December: it's Christmas time, we hope Santa is coming with a brand new kite for the new year.
A wonderful new kite season, we are sure, is coming!

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:43 pm

:D Hello Oldnb buddy boy....i am only talking LW videos in the Pamlico & Albermarle sounds

Westerlies to me is all wind directions with a "W" in it

SSW..SW..WSW..W..WNW..NW..NNW

Now when the "light winds only" of speed as follow 6-7-8-9-10 knots finally reach the barrier island...

......it has after miles and miles of fetch become the steadiest highest quality wind possible........

....and has the other feature that it very often remains a few feet above the water surface......

......leaving it in effect "glassy"

It is not magic...Dimitri knows is spot in phenomenal for LW TT 135x47 kite low and parked planing

I have a spot just like that on a smaller scale..Manatee Park Cape Canaveral...glassy water in LW

The wind is very clean with a 3 miles fetch...and i do the exact same thing he does....

....low kite.......boards spray jetting straight out...glass glass glass..feels like 6kn moving like 11kn

He does have one more advantage is the water salinity density right off the thin barrier island....

.......when he rides the sound in LW

You do not get that in your lake in Texas....or any lake for that matter

How does that SOUND to you.....is it possible i am on to something..i do not work for NASA :lol:

.......Today is the day for Kitesurfing Jetty Park Cape Canaveral with ENE to NE 20 to 30 gust 35kn

...My car is packed...wife and i getting off work early this aft.....we have our 8-6-5M ready to go

..Tomorrow Friday will likely have to many squalls and dangers from hurricane Sandy

Waves will be cleaner near the jetty with much less whitewater...and no drift...safety first !!

........ :surf: :surf: :surf: ...Dimitri has one more day of 7 knots & V3...then he gets real wind :thumb:

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:49 pm

like mr supaEZ says ..... it must be blowing over 20 knots here .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
391643_10151508099739782_2052103509_n.jpg

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dj A-Ron » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:31 am

Myself and a few friends had a great sunset session on our Infinitys the other night! We ended up riding for about 1 1/2 hours after the sun went down and into the dark. It was great! I've never kited in the pitch black night before...AWESOME!!!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”