Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:51 am

windsuks wrote:I along with maybe a dozen or so just witnessed a pretty impressive demo of the Infinity in Hatteras today.

I was with Dimitri for a demo however there was next to no wind, and I mean NO wind. The kiters standing around laughed when Dimitri said he would put the proto Infinity V3 up...we all agreed it was maybe 3mph tops ( a guy had a wind meter on the roof of his car on top of a pole which was showing 2,7mph max)
No one even expected the kite to go up in the sky but it did and just sat there with very little input..happy!

Anyway Dimitri then took a SUP and rode off on it with the kite just parked at the edge of the window, I'm not saying it was easy and very few people could possibly have done this however all who were there agreed it was incredibly impressive to see the kite so stable in such little wind. I know people will rip what I have written apart, but thats how it was FACT

We were all gobsmacked!

......yes he was on a SUP, yes it was flat water etc butit was still increddible how well tghat kite flew.
There is video of this which I'm sure will be up soon as!

Keep up the incredible work Dimitri
I believe that all your facts are accurate
On my previous article explain in details why the "Hatteras sound" is the holy grail of LW demos
Not surprised at all about anything you wrote...and it will happen again and again like that too
He does make a kite that will stay up in the lightest of breezes..it is an Epic win win situation

.............................. :surf: :sun: ..........................................................................................................

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:05 pm

On my previous article explain in details why the "Hatteras sound" is the holy grail of LW demos
Not surprised at all about anything you wrote...and it will happen again and again like that too
He does make a kite that will stay up in the lightest of breezes..it is an Epic win win situation
Hello SupaEZ,
Wait until you see that video of the INFINITY v3 prototype been tested in the ocean this time in very very light winds. I won't mention the single digit numbers you'll be the one doing that. And I won't mention about the current that was working against me. Just wait to see that video.

On another note, thank you for your concern about my Achilles tendon. I am 80% better but still this thing is taking a long time to heal. One of my worst injuries ever. On another note I just pulled my groin 4 days ago playing again tennis . Who said kiteboarding was dangerous.
Now concerning duck taping your hands to the EPIC bar so you can try the kite, I meant SUPER GLUING them to the bar......See you soon.
Don't worry you are a nice guy and I like you, but very stubborn with all the facts I am giving you.
:allbegood:

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dj A-Ron » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:11 pm

I was one of the kiters who was there and witnessed the Infinity V3 yesterday. Yes it was only 3-4 mph and yes the V3 flew and just stayed up there without any movement of the kite. I flew the V3 myself and I am very very impressed! I would have to constantly have to move my Infinity V1 to keep it up in that wind....actually, I don't think the V1 would even fly.

I am down here in Hatteras now and we just pumped up and put the V2 and V3 On top of each other and the only difference that I can see is the bridle is moved over closer to the middle of the kite.

Here are some pics of Dimitri riding the V3 and SUP in the 2-4mph:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:41 pm

At last a video in real world ocean conditions on a surfboard with drift...yoo hoo !! :D

I hope there will be some surf...whitewater...sargasso weed..etc..... :wink:

I was getting bored to tears with all those swimming pool TT videos :roll:

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Dj A-Ron wrote: ...

Here are some pics of Dimitri riding the V3 and SUP in the 2-4mph:
Got to be honest with Ya :
"those are some really Cool shots of, (Light wind kiting )" !!

Bille

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:14 pm

DJ A-Ron....you are correct V2 vs V3 side pumped on land.....difference about bridle more central

You can see clearly what it does to the "V3 kite when flying" in very light wind

The resulting flatter leading edge curve of the kite exposes more projected area to the wind

SUP kite flying in hatteras pool creating 2 mph of apparent wind + 5mph "in kite" = 7mph power

Resulting in 6 knots parked power......that's very good low end...stayin upwin...no sinin..

The closest thing to......... landboardin.....leave your wheels at home...water is more fun

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Postby pj sofine » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:51 pm

This thread is really getting silly :duh:

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 am

Dimitri my compliments, really really impressive. Not joking, I've never seen a kite flying with such a flat water, the pictures speak clear and there are witnesses, so let's just stop raising doubts IMO. Can't wait for the video if you're going to post one.
I will for sure consider buying the V3 as soon as it will be ready. Who are please the italian dealers?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Ok guys here is the video of the INFINITY v3 prototype you have been waiting for.
Once again this is still in prototype mode and I need to test this kite in different type of conditions and in stronger winds 13 to 20 knots and see how it performs. So right now we know this prototype blows every other kite in the market in light wind.
:thumb:

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:52 pm

All right...got a few comments..but first this

Dimitri don't you think that your water & wind location where you do all videos for LW is unique?

I think it is...and a disclosure should be in fine print...if tried by anyone else in other waters

Results will vary...results not typical...Hatteras environment is unique..like in a laboratory !

Now my comment....you think you know that your kite blows away all LW kites out there

Once again i do not see in your water anyone else but you....because Hatteras=Epic

In my waters in 8 knots...SP3 21...Dyno 18...Core XR2 19...would all blow by your kite

I will give you that...it does fly overhead in very light wind...but more power..in 8 knots..no way

Return to “Kitesurfing”