Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm skeptical also with 8 foot jumps in 5 mph. But all I know is that after you demo the INFINITY v2 with OXYGEN board you will be so happy with the results that you will be thinking you were kiting in less then 6 mph because of such light winds.
The lowest I could go on the INFINITY v2 with the OXYGEN board was 6 to 8 knots but I was not having a great time and for sure I could not jump higher then 3 feet.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:I guess if you really want to know, the best thing for you to do Supa, is to demo the Infinity V2 against your Core kite and maybe you will want to buy one and sell your kite too!
Like the guys from Switzerland, who did a direct real life comparison, and want to buy three kites and three Oxygen boards. I do bet your Core 19 is a nice powerful kite though! :wink:
There would be only one sure way to know :lol:

Get me on the water with Dimitri at the same time

Both on Oxygen boards (i would have to wear a 15 lbs vest to match his weight to be 100% fair)

Both with 27m lines...him on the INFV2...and me on XR2LW 17....with wind of 9 knots

Guess what....since we are both expert LW kiters we would be exactly matched...no surprise

Now if i took the 19 out and he stayed on his kite...then i would certainly surpass him

Simple physics...15% larger kite...20% more projected area...and both of us kick ass in LW

Same thing if Dimitri took the 19 and i took his kite.....he would surpass me :D

The 19 turns very fast ..is very fun....there is actually nothing like it yet...on the market

I do not know of any other kite company that offers 3 LW tube kites...sizes 15-17-19 :thumb:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:18 am

No need for anything technical or more than one person or skill assumptions.
Test drive the Infinity V2 (15M give or take) against your 17M & 19M Cores, in your location with your boards.
Then you'll have your answers for power, speed of turn, upwind, jumping and all the rest.
Sounds like fun. :naughty:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:36 am

Hello Mr.SupaEZ,
I am sorry to disappoint you but I did try the Core Riot XR2 10/15/17/19 a while back and few weeks ago I had the chance to try the new XR2LW 17 and 19 meter CORE kite. I did not like the 19 meter at all (very slow but yes lots of power), no need for such a big kite in my opinion and that is why we are not taking that road. I can have a better time on the INFINITY v2 and generate lots of power by just moving it up and down in order to create some of the momentum. The 17 CORE was better and powerful but not as fast pivoting and turning then the INFINITY v2, but still a good kite. A German friend of mine who is very close with the CORE crew in Germany told me that he saw them demoing the INFINITY v1 kite 8 months ago. And that is why the new XR2LW is a better kite then the previous 15/17/19 CORE kites.
They mention that: "the Core XR2LW claims to be the first light wind kite with the ability for easy kite loops". This was already done with the INFINITY v1.

So now the best thing to do is for you to demo the INFINITY v2 kite with the OXYGEN v2 board and then make your own testimonial. Will be on the Outer Banks in few weeks, and might come down to Florida to do some demos because of the demand.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Dimitri M wrote: I am sorry to disappoint you .I did not like the 19 meter at all (very slow but yes lots of power) I can have a better time on the INFINITY v2 and generate lots of power by just moving it up and down in order to create some of the momentum.
Maybe in your hands it felt very slow...as compared to your kite that is....maybe.. too fast :lol:

In my hands it is plenty fast...so fast in fact...it loops on a dime in 9-10 knots..on a 52cm bar

You probably could make it go fast to your liking with more time on it..or maybe you are just spoiled

Surely the 19 was of the wrong speed setting when you tried it...there are 3 modes on wingtips

Also maybe it was on the wrong bar pressure setting..there are 3 modes on leading edge

My 19 is on Superfast wave mode turning setting and one the least amount of bar pressure setting

LOTS OF POWER is nice isn't it ?...... i told you so....and now YOU have agreed it is TRUE :thumb:

Be real for a moment WHO has a better time moving a kite up and down in 8-9 knots...oh yes..YOU

Beside having "lots of power"...guess what...it has "lots of depower"..actually more than INFV2 !!

So let's see...more power..don't have to sine to have good time and can ride it up to 18 knots EZ

Naaaaah...everyone want a faster moving kite that sits lower in the window and pulls like mad...

And that is likely going to overpower them in 16 knots....and it is smaller kite :-?

I hope your are not disappointed in me...with all my true to life statistics

.............................. :cheers: ...............................................................................................

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Nice post SupaEZ, but who needs a light wind kite when some of us are so lucky to kite in conditions like this.
(see attached pictures)
:lol:
Attachments
DSC_0132.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Well said :lol: ....but soon you will return home to REALITY :rollgrin:

windfreak74
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 70 kg
Local Beach: la trinchera
Favorite Beaches: maule region
Style: weird style!
Gear: switch helium3 7m 2018
Crazyfly 115 x 44 Chill 2021
nobile 2hd 134x42 2018
Manta foil 2015/2018
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby windfreak74 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:43 pm

:o wow granny dee alert!!!
Guys dont get your panties in a bunch!!!
it would be nice to see a comparison between similar canopy sizes!
Maybe infinity against core 15 lw or any other 15lw kite.
This would be a real comparison.
lets see more pics and review from unfiliated riders!
where are all the infinity weekend users?
anyone?

Pedro

Balloonboy
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: sandy
Style: Kook-style
Gear: Kite + bar + board
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Balloonboy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:00 am

Its hard to know for sure but I would estimate I went out in 8-10 kts on a surfboard with the V2 and pretty lit. Fully powered with no depower.
The wind quickly died to 6-8 kts. The whitecaps (without big current are purported to start at 8 kts) had all but disappeared. I had to wait for a gust of 8 to get going again- not enough otherwise.

YMMV but thats my experience. By the time the V2 hits 11 kts I have a decent amount of depower on (with a TT). I don't know about other kites, but the V2's got great bottom end- but by 13kts I'm on the 13 or even 11m Renegades. The V2 runs out of headroom but hey- 8-13kts covers a lot of ground around herein the summer. I have a hard time finding someone to kite with.

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby davesails7 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:18 am

Balloonboy wrote:Its hard to know for sure but I would estimate I went out in 8-10 kts on a surfboard with the V2 and pretty lit. Fully powered with no depower.
The wind quickly died to 6-8 kts. The whitecaps (without big current are purported to start at 8 kts) had all but disappeared. I had to wait for a gust of 8 to get going again- not enough otherwise.
8 knots for whitecaps? I know the exact wind speed for whitecaps depends on water depth and fetch (distance upwind for the waves to develop), but if there are whitecaps, that's 12-13 knots not 8!

Return to “Kitesurfing”