Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
dwnwinder
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras, Va Beach
Favorite Beaches: Jockey's Ridge, Cape Charles, Kite Point
Style: Waves
Gear: Slingshot, Epic, Naish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby dwnwinder » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:59 am

Hey guys,
I would like to chime in here. I was actually on the beach when this video was being shot and here is the honest to God truth:

My cousins and I were hoping to get some kiting in the day this video was taken. We were down in Avon waiting for wind at Kite Point... But there was absolutely nothing but glassy water (was wishing I could go wake boarding). So, we got in the car and headed home to Virginia. As we were driving North, there was not a single kite in the sky...anywhere. Once we got into the village of Waves, I was hoping to see something in the air at REAL Watersports, but we knew there was no chance since the flags were still virtually motionless. As we drove a little further North to Kitty Hawk Kites Resort, there was a big yellow kite in the air. Naturally, we stopped to check it out. Being avid kiters, we were shocked to see some dude actually in motion with the kite parked! We watched him go out and back on a SUP. If I had to guess what the wind was blowing, I would have said maybe 2-4 miles per hour. At winds that speed, it really doesn't feel like anything at all which is what made it so remarkable. If I hadn't seen it in person, I would have doubted it too, but it is 100% true because I WAS THERE!

To the skeptics: I am reminded of a great saying my grandpa used to say: "Don't confuse me with the facts, I've already made up my mind".

Cheers.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:39 am

Flight Time wrote: I have a 16 meter Cabrinha kite that wont even stay in the air at 8 knots
Technically your kite should stay up overhead in 8 knots...it's low end is 6.9 knots....8 miles per hour

I ride an XR2LW 19 Core Riot...that flies when wind in kite overhead is 6.0 knots...7 miles per hour

That is no much wind....many times at ground level the wind is 4 knots...
....but the gradient wind at the kite level...has double the power...at 6 knots

I can landboard with that kite of mine in 3 knots surface wind...create apparent wind..park the kite...
...and there i go.....rolling on the hard sand at a speed of 10mph...putting a power of 8 knots in kite

His SUP on glass water is a similar demonstration...of gradient wind...and apparent wind.....
....keeping the kite parked at a 45 degrees angle effortlessly

I agree with "dwnwinder"...you really have to be there and see it with your own eyes
It is "surreal" looking......but it is a true fact....it can be done

In my 13 years i have done what he has done dozens and dozens of times...it is really FUN

But i believe that many of today's lightwind specific could have done exactly that.....on that day

it calls for more emoticon smilies...YOO HOO.. :cheers: :pirate: :welcome: :thanx: :prayer:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:51 am

Yeah, it's all bullshit. All staged, all an example of "upwelling" and "apparent wind" and "gradient wind" and trickery meant to fool everyone into buying his kites. :roll:

I suppose you are a fan of all the conspiracy theories out there, and you think that nothing is as it seems, and everyone's out to get you and steal your money.

A successful company is never built on scams and trickery and getting one over on someone so they buy what you are selling. I think if his kites did not deliver on what he promises them to, he would not still be in business. It would not be in his best interest to make videos of him exploiting special wind conditions because it would be setting an unrealistic set of expectations. A customer who was sold a bill of goods that did not deliver would not buy again, and would be vocal about being screwed. I'm looking around, and I don't see anyone that is complaining. If nobody is calling bullshit after demoing his kites, then it's you that is the fool.

:rollgrin: :naughty: :nono: :kiss: :jump: :cool2: :bye: :lol: :lol: :P :roll: :o :D :) and a bunch of other ones that do not fit the situation or conversation and make you look frivolous and childish.

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"

Postby Dj A-Ron » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:01 am

I am the guy in the video flying the V3. I watched Dimitri pump it up with the air compressor in the lawn of Kitty Hawk. I put it in the hot launch position for him. It seriously was only 2mph man! No Joke!! Truly amazing to me how the kite would just stay up there without even moving it around. I really think Dimitri sprinkled some magic pixie dust on it or maybe it's just that yellow kites fly better or something...haha.

Believe what you want guys but I was there, I flew it and I am very very impressed to say the least...

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:58 am

Dj A-Ron wrote:I am the guy in the video flying the V3. I watched Dimitri pump it up with the air compressor in the lawn of Kitty Hawk. I put it in the hot launch position for him. It seriously was only 2mph man! No Joke!! Truly amazing to me how the kite would just stay up there without even moving it around. I really think Dimitri sprinkled some magic pixie dust on it or maybe it's just that yellow kites fly better or something...haha.

Believe what you want guys but I was there, I flew it and I am very very impressed to say the least...
No! It was some sort of David Copperfield magic trick, perpetrated by the man, to make us believe in what isn't true! He somehow waved his magic wand and made the wind in 5 separate videos and 1 real life situation perfect, taking advantage of upwelling and gradients and he stood the board on the back of Moby Dick so it would look like he was riding! :lol: SupaEZ wasn't there, but he knows the secrets! :rollgrin:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:31 pm

[quote="Flight Time"

I know my 16 Switchblade needs at least 12 knots to do anything other than mow the lawn and try to stay upwind (needs about 15-16 to jump), so I'm looking to see what my options are. I see a lot of videos shot in many places showing the Infinity doing it's thing, and it looks like the ticket.[quote]

It is a no brainer then !!!!!
Put your Cabrinha "tarp" for sale ASAP
Place your order NOW for INF V2....then when V3 comes out ...just sell the V2 (great resale value)

I don't know how much you weigh...what boards you use...or how good you are at LW (experience)
In any case....give yourself at least 9 knots to do anything other than mow the lawn+ stay upwind
To jump...you will need about 12 knots it seems.... based on your Cabrinha performance chart

Get the whole package Oxygen V2 TT + KITE.....go all the way...do not wait...do it..NOW

No need to demo his kite before you buy...it is only MONEY...life IS short..why wait to be happy?

Stop looking at "your" options.......and DO something

Sincerely,
Gradient glassy laminar long fetch high density steady cool upwelling Supa EZ wind :wink:

:cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Easy guys, we all share the same passion. Just try the kite and you will be very impressed about its performance in such light wind. After that you will become a believer like every body else that did try the kite. That is all I am saying.
Any way, who needs the INFINITY v2 or v3 kite when you can have also a great time on the RENEGADE 7 or SCREAMER 7.
Attachments
IMG_6383 1.jpg
DSC_0159.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks Dimitri....we will cool our jets..too much passion behind the "keyboard" :lol:

I am like you....i prefer to express my passion with other kind of "board" :thumb:

No need for a XR2LW Riot 19M when Sandy came knocking at my door also :P

No photo..Kontact + Rebel 6M...in HUGE surf & 35 kn..the day before we got hammered w/55kn+

And no photo either of the day after in the river boosting real high on a Rebel 5M in 40knots

When we talk PASSION we mean loving ALL wind speeds

And accepting ALL our fellow passionate kiters worlwide

Remember to all ....this is what we love to do....and love :heartface: always wins over hate

............................................ :surf: :sun: .................................................................................................

KiteFrisco
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Frisco, NC
Favorite Beaches: Frisco, NC
Style: Waves, Flat Water

Postby KiteFrisco » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:28 pm

KiteFrisco wrote:Dimitri,

When will the Infinity V3 be available?
Will it be improved for the surf, or are you focusing on very light, flat water?
i.e. Can I stick it in an 8' wave and not worry about it getting trashed?
Will it turn just as well?

I'm using the V1 now and am quite pleased. I really don't care much about staying upwind as I mostly do down-winders. I do want it to turn well, generate lots of power when I want it, and drift when I'm on the wave. I just want to be sure that when I want to upgrade, there will still be a good option.

PS I think now is a good time in the OBX for you to make a nice Infinity V3 surf video since the wind is nuking at 0-5mph. The waves are small, though. I'd rather see one with head-high glass.
Dimitri,
I think my post got lost in the blah, blah, blah and you didn't see it (please see above). You just posted wave action with a different kite, but will the V3 continue to be a fun kit that we can take in any waves we'd take other kites (except for light wind), or are you going a different direction with it, trying to get every low-end knot of wind, lightening up the materials, making it larger, etc. to where I won't want it anymore?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:47 pm

Dimitri,
When will the Infinity V3 be available?
Will it be improved for the surf, or are you focusing on very light, flat water?
i.e. Can I stick it in an 8' wave and not worry about it getting trashed?
Will it turn just as well?
I'm using the V1 now and am quite pleased. I really don't care much about staying upwind as I mostly do down-winders. I do want it to turn well, generate lots of power when I want it, and drift when I'm on the wave. I just want to be sure that when I want to upgrade, there will still be a good option.
PS I think now is a good time in the OBX for you to make a nice Infinity V3 surf video since the wind is nuking at 0-5mph. The waves are small, though. I'd rather see one with head-high glass.

Hello KiteFrisco,
Sorry it took me so long to respond to your post. We have been so busy with orders plus working on new products.
So to answer your question, the INFINITY v3 is still in prototype mode. It is a great kite for very light wind but I am still working for the top end 16 to 20 knots for heavier rider (240++++) that want to stay on the INFINITY v3 when the wind picks up from 5 to 12 to 10 to 20 knots. So give me few months to work on it.
Now concerning its performance compare to the v1 and v2 INFINITY.... well I love the way the v1 & v2 turns, relaunches, stability, speed, hang time and so on, so I did not want to loose any of that but just increase its power for even lighter winds. So I did it. Now the V3 has the same performance then the V2 INFINITY but it can stay up in the air in (2 to 4 knots) compare to the V2 or V1 that could stay up in the air in (4 to 6 knots).
The only problem is that you won't be able to go on your Surf Board and surf the waves in 0-5 knots. I am 180 lbs and the lowest I was able to go in the surf with the REEF 5'7" and the INFINITY v3 and surf the waves was that day you see on this video bellow. It was blowing 6 to 9 knots max and that was the lowest I could go and play in the surf. (check the video at 4:30scs to see the INFINITY v3 in the surf)
But for sure if you have great kite skills, you can take a SUP board and go back an forth in less then 5 knots. It all depends on what you want to do. But surfing the waves in 0-5 knots on the INFINITY v3 won't work.

YOUTUBE:

Return to “Kitesurfing”