Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Laughingman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
....describe how a kite feels... a 14m what? a 19m what? if you took the same kite in 14m would it then still turn like a 14m? are they comparing this to 2005 kites... its such a BS statement it is laughable.
Laughingman,
You have to understand that people are different. Some people like to compare the kites with other kites they have been flying with to compare the difference in the power and the turning speed of the kite, and some other kiters like yourself need to know the scientific formula why the kite has so much power and turns so fast.
You don't know how many people I meet on the beach when I do my demos and few of them after demoing the INFINITY kite use these feed back:

-"My God this kite is fast for a light wind kite, it turns as fast as my 2011 15 meter ________ kite that I just got. What size is it!!!"
-"Whaooo... I am impressed this kite has as much power as my friend's foil kite but turns as fast as my 14 meter _______. Is this kite for sale!!!"
-"I don't like big kites but this one made me think about getting a big kite for light wind days. Is this a 19 meter kite!!!!"
-"Did you see me doing a kite loop on that kite it was so easy. Does this kite come in smaller size?
-"I can't beleive how fast this kite responds and how alive it is, and the pressure on the bar is so light...

And so on....These are the comments I get on the beach. But hey don't beleive me just get a chance and try it. I can't wait to hear what you have to say.
:remybussi:
Dimitri, so nice to finally be on first name basis!
Oh I totally understand, I just want both sets of data, not only how the kites flew and felt etc, but also to be able to reference the data and compare. I think it is an excellent learning tool. No one is wrong here, not even Oldnbroken, we are just sharing opinions.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Postby L0KI » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:35 pm

NOT EVEN Oldnbroken? :lol:
Thank you soooo much Pete, I feel very validated now! :gent:
Supa, go back and start with 15m and do your calculation game.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:NOT EVEN Oldnbroken? :lol:
Thank you soooo much Pete, I feel very validated now! :gent:
Supa, go back and start with 15m and do your calculation game.
:rollgrin:

Supa, definitely start at 15m. I've seen it with my own eyes. V1 is 15sqm.

Dimitri, what do you think your new chickenloop will retail at. The only other one I like ATM is the OR universal.... The price at $35 is reasonable but $20 flat rate shipping is a bit ridonkulous within Canada! Hell express post is $7 and change....

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:40 am

Oldnbroken wrote: The last thing Kiteworld Mag review says, turns like a 14M and has the power of a 19M. :mosh:
That is not impressive turning speed since you said that the V1 is 15M and the V2 is slightly larger

The V2 get it's additional power not so much being bigger...but because it flies on proper 27m lines

I could say for example that Supaworld Mag has reviewed the awesome giant Riot XR2LW 19

And that it turns also like a 14.....but has the power of a 22M :wink:

So my question..why select a smaller kite for LW when a larger one is just as fast w/more POWER

And for all of you who wonder...in 5 knots flying overhead...it will stay up like the INF2...no joke

Is is very well balanced with it's lower aspect ratio...very lightweight for a 5 struts...what can i say

Once you try it...you will believe..fly it on Supafast wingtip setting...and Supalow bar pressure setting

.............................. :cheers: ....................................................................................................................

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:57 am

Dimitri M wrote: I had the chance to try the new XR2LW 19 meter CORE( yes lots of power), no need for such a big kite in my opinion and that is why we are not taking that road. I can have a better time on the INFINITY v2 and generate lots of power by just moving it up and down in order to create some of the momentum.

I did some editing :wink: and only kept your positive comment :winner2:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:04 am

Supa - Two more nice ads for your Core 19M kite!
Maybe you (or the good people at Core Kites) should open a Core Kites thread and see how fast you get to 100 pages. :naughty:

For me, the Infinity is already bigger than I want to fly...so the answer to your question about why not go bigger is...
..I don't want to fly monster kites and a Core 19M is a Monster kite.
I do great with a Renegade 13M LTD Edition and an Oxygen 135X47 TT, no need for more kite or board, for me.
I must be super duper talented at lightwind riding!! :thumb:
Or I live in a different place, with different conditions than you, as do many, many people.
Contrary to your past replies, I don't miss lightwind sessions here in my area, unless I want to miss them!! :P

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 am

SupaEZ wrote:
Dimitri M wrote: I had the chance to try the new XR2LW 19 meter CORE( yes lots of power), no need for such a big kite in my opinion and that is why we are not taking that road. I can have a better time on the INFINITY v2 and generate lots of power by just moving it up and down in order to create some of the momentum.

I did some editing :wink: and only kept your positive comment :winner2:

Christ you are boring.

CORE should be changed to BORE.

Balloonboy
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: sandy
Style: Kook-style
Gear: Kite + bar + board
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Balloonboy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Maybe I should have said, but my light wind experience with the V2 is using 52m lines. :o
(actually I'm using 22m lines- I don't need the power of longer lines and the 22's speed the kite up a little).

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Hello Mr.SupaEZ,
As you can see, I am always a man of my words. So this is the video I told you about the light wind day we had in Greece "Paros" during the demos I was doing. Thank God I brought the INFINITY v2 kite and OXYGEN v2 board with me for these demos because we had few days of very very light wind. As you can see we are all having fun in light winds no matter what kite and board we are using.
This is the day when I decided to go on the INFINITY v2 and OXYGEN board and show their performance in light wind since no one was in the water only a foil kite and a North Dyno 17 meter kite. That day, lots of people were able to demo the INFINITY v2 + OXYGEN board and were very impressed with its performance. You had at least 200 to 230 kiters on the beach because it is a popular spot, but only 15 to 18 people were able to try the kite because after few hrs the wind pick up to 15-18 knots and I had to put it down.
Because of that day, we sold (8) INFINITY v2 and (3) OXYGEN boards on our ONLINE STORE from few of these people that tried the kite and board in Paros. And I don't know how many our EPIC dealers sold.

P.S. I was flying the INFINITY v2 on 22 meter lines. But if you are a heavier rider I would recommend to use the 5 meter extension and use it as 27 meter lines.
:thumb:

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:
Attachments
Some of the kiters looking at the INFINITY performing..jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Hello Mr. Dimitri M. Glad to see everyone (21M-17M-YOU-14M) having equal fun in LW

Raceboards...135x47 TT...135X41 TT.....ALL planing at great speeds..wihout sining up & down

In your case... short 22 lines...kite is parked low ..your bar is sheeted out a bit..camera in hand

We all have been in those glassy water days when all are having fun in LW...very dreamy

This type of wind is always very steady in speed....giving us this surreal feel and rush

We cannot however describe this wind as 7 to 12 Knots

If a wind meter could have been on all those kites it would have indicated only 3 speed variations

7 to 12 equals 6 wind speed variations......7/8/9/10/11/12....which is not the case here

THE WIND SPEED "experienced" in all those kites was 10-11-12 kn

Average was definitely 11 knots for all of you to be powered exactly the same on the water

Sorry again to be on your thread

Your kite is one good LW machine....as per SBC #1 water relaunch..and tested as a 17M

You have ridden the LW tube kite i ride...the 19..it does all what your kite does..

The only difference really is that it is more powerful...and who does not like that..ultimate it is

I respect your professional attitude :thumb: ...i can't say the same for Mr. Tone :roll:

Return to “Kitesurfing”