Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Poster: "kitelifer"
are you staying UPWIND?(i can't tell) or just doing a downwinder. Being able to stay upwind is the most important thing.
Yes I am staying up wind because I had my kids on the beach. And did not want to leave them by themselves.
But had to go way up wind to come back after riding the waves. :(
On a different subject, I just got this email this morning from a kiter that just tried the INFINITY v1: (I think the emails says it all, except that he broke the line of the CL and needs to buy one)

"hello,i recently borrowed an infinity to demo from my friend ryan at kitehero.weve been great friends for years and rode together daily when he was here in new smyrna beach fl.wow what an awesome kite.turns like a 12 and pulls like nothing ive ever flown.ryans not getting it back!!!last night i was riding and broke the chicken loop line.can i purchase the parts for that from you. everything else is good.thanks...
jeff
"

Balloonboy
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: sandy
Style: Kook-style
Gear: Kite + bar + board
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Balloonboy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:13 pm

So its better in every way it sounds. Thats impressive.

Its it still the same area or larger?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:22 pm

Poster: "Balloonboy"
Hummmmmmmmm....Do I have to answer that? :rollgrin:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:46 pm

:) Dimitri i love your enthusiasm!Time now to explain to the world why on beach wind is 6 mph (from a southerly direction exactly sideshore) then kite flies overhead on beach as if it is blowing 9 mph and finally on the water the kite and you are flying as if it is 12 mph! Let's share our old fart experience about SECRET wind that affects kites and not so much windsurfers. In the northern hemisphere it takes a "southerly light wind" a "few days" to develop.Southern hemisphere a northerly wind. In our case the south wind remains parallel to coastline to create"UPWELLING"(for those who don't know Google it and learn). Top warm layer of water goes out to sea and is replaced by "cold" plankton rich sea floor water.Runs like a conveyor belt 90 degrees to the wind. Clues of upwelling in INF.V2 video.Kite launched straight downwind parallel to the coastline.Wind meter pointing southerly.Sand color more amber than usual at water's edge.When riding waves water color greenish-amber.Water temperature is surely colder than usual 74F(probably mid-60's).The water probably emits a fishy smell.....So if in the months of usually july or august you have a 16M or larger kite and upwelling is present with a "6 mph southerly wind" measured on the beach DO NOT GO HOME even if water is glassy with zero whitecaps.RIG UP and experience the "surreal magic" of this phenomenon....Dimitri is very honest and does build/promote a great LW kite...The laws of physics do not cease to exist on his waters...Mother nature just happened to give him the "ultimate gift" for an unbelievable LW tube kite video. Congrats. Best regards. :) SupaEZ

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby grantman54 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:33 pm

SupaEZ, here is some more video of us on the CA coast riding the Infinity. We have pretty consistent water/land wind speeds and have to deal with direct onshore wind, waves, and current.

I (185lbs), at the beginning of the video, state the wind speed of 8-9 in there and that was probably an average with a high of 11mph. It might sound like there is more wind but that was taken with an iphone BUT there is some proof in the video showing how light the wind is. Notice I am sheeted in on the beach while standing (the Infinity has a load of power and if I was doing that in 12mph+ winds I would be having a hard time standing still, and also there are no visible white caps in the video (honestly, that day there were a couple starting to form here and there a quarter mile out, so I don't want to misrepresent the conditions)
The real shocker in that video:
As you can see the rider at the end is a light guy (120lbs) and he is cruising around just fine. The wind meter his dad had read 3-6mph so we upped it assuming it had to be more wind since he was riding so well. Everyone sitting on the beach was stunned to say the least.

I remember when Dimitri sent me that kite to demo and he told me to take it out even if it was blowing a little bit. I totally did not believe him but after the first session in 10mph I was a believer in new light wind kites especially fun ones like the Infinity.

BTW that was all done on one of the prototypes and the final production does have a tad more low end.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:17 pm

in fairness supaEZ it looked more like a W to NW wind on the sound where the water is usually 3 feet deep in kiting areas and max 15 feet miles deep from shore.

Balloonboy
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: sandy
Style: Kook-style
Gear: Kite + bar + board
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Balloonboy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
Poster: "Balloonboy"
Hummmmmmmmm....Do I have to answer that? :rollgrin:
Yes :nono:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:11 am

Poster: "SupaEZ"
:) Dimitri i love your enthusiasm!Time now to explain to the world why on beach wind is 6 mph (from a southerly direction exactly sideshore) then kite flies overhead on beach as if it is blowing 9 mph and finally on the water the kite and you are flying as if it is 12 mph! Let's share our old fart experience about SECRET wind that affects kites and not so much windsurfers. In the northern hemisphere it takes a "southerly light wind" a "few days" to develop.Southern hemisphere a northerly wind. In our case the south wind remains parallel to coastline to create"UPWELLING"(for those who don't know Google it and learn). Top warm layer of water goes out to sea and is replaced by "cold" plankton rich sea floor water.Runs like a conveyor belt 90 degrees to the wind. Clues of upwelling in INF.V2 video.Kite launched straight downwind parallel to the coastline.Wind meter pointing southerly.Sand color more amber than usual at water's edge.When riding waves water color greenish-amber.Water temperature is surely colder than usual 74F(probably mid-60's).The water probably emits a fishy smell.....So if in the months of usually july or august you have a 16M or larger kite and upwelling is present with a "6 mph southerly wind" measured on the beach DO NOT GO HOME even if water is glassy with zero whitecaps.RIG UP and experience the "surreal magic" of this phenomenon....Dimitri is very honest and does build/promote a great LW kite...The laws of physics do not cease to exist on his waters...Mother nature just happened to give him the "ultimate gift" for an unbelievable LW tube kite video. Congrats. Best regards. :) SupaEZ
Hello "SupaEZ"
I am sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about!!! The video of me using the INFINITY V2 with the OXYGEN board is in the sound at Jockey's Ridge and it was blowing NW 4 to maximum 10 knots that day. You can see it from the texture on the water and from the wind meter. The wind was coming side/side on. Maybe it is the angle of the FISH EYE LENS I am using. But all this video was filmed in 30 minutes tops.
Again there is no camera trickery or any thing that would jeopardize my name and my company.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:18 am

Can't help but wonder where this thread is going... the same smart as$ who was claiming that he was riding the infinity V1 in 0-5 knots, now is trying to catch Dimitri on lies... nice one!!! :D :thumb:

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby grantman54 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:33 am

I just want to here about the new Infinity! This thread should be straight info, videos, pics, reviews, and questions.

Return to “Kitesurfing”