Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Laughingman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:38 am

Dimitri M wrote:With all do respect Mr.SupaEZ, what I am saying is that in order to enjoy and have fun it has to be blowing at least between 6 to 9 maybe 10 knots. If it's blowing 4 to 6 knots you won't be able to go on your board, you might be able to plane on the snow, but not on the water if it is bellow 7 knots. But for sure you will be able to fly the kite in the air because it is such a light kite that it won't drop from the sky like most of the light wind kites in the market. Usually it doesn't blow just 7, or 8 or 10 knots constantly, the wind plays from an average of 2 to 4 knots between each other. This is the reason why we have these ranges: "Low/Average/High."
The SBC KITEBOARDING magazine could not believe in how such light wind they could fly the INFINITY v2 kite when they had to take a picture of all the kites in the air for their review pictures. The only kite that was able to fly in 5 knots was the INFINITY v2. This is what the editor of the magazine told me 2 months ago.
Any way this is the INFINITY v2 in 3 to 5 knots on the dunes.

P.S. Don't forget to check the new issue of the SBC Kiteboarding magazine and see what they have to say about the INFINITY v2 kite.
Since you brought it up Mr. Dimitri... What is the actual weight of the Infinity v2, you should add it to the list on that other thread where they are collecting data for each light wind kite. I'm sure they wold appreciate your input.
On a side note... Do you think your new chickenloop will work with a thruster bar? The one it came with is dangerous, I may be interested in replacing the whole depower system if it will work, currently it is below the bar depower, but the plating is separating which is razor sharp... And my wife finds it difficult to pull the depower rope out of the below the bar cleat... Suggestions?

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby joriws » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:06 am

Dimitri M wrote: The SBC KITEBOARDING magazine could not believe in how such light wind they could fly the INFINITY v2 kite when they had to take a picture of all the kites in the air for their review pictures. The only kite that was able to fly in 5 knots was the INFINITY v2. This is what the editor of the magazine told me 2 months ago.
Well that is a bold lie.. :) Or SBC Kiteboarding does not know anything about kites and flying them. Nor you Dimitri (which I don't believe :) ) if you believe above statement and tell it in public.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:13 pm

Since you brought it up Mr. Dimitri... What is the actual weight of the Infinity v2, you should add it to the list on that other thread where they are collecting data for each light wind kite. I'm sure they wold appreciate your input.
On a side note... Do you think your new chickenloop will work with a thruster bar? The one it came with is dangerous, I may be interested in replacing the whole depower system if it will work, currently it is below the bar depower, but the plating is separating which is razor sharp... And my wife finds it difficult to pull the depower rope out of the below the bar cleat... Suggestions?
Hello Laughingman,
A customer who was demoing the kites in Greece bought my INFINITY v2 demo after I was done with the demos in Greece. I did not want to sell it because I knew we are low on them, but he decided to give me full retail on a used one and loved it so much that I decided to let my INFINITY v2 demo go. Now I am back in the USA and found out that we sold out of INFINITY v2(that sucks big time). But we should have more in next week, I hope. Once I get them in, I will let you know how much the INFINITY v2 weights. That is a great idea, thanks.
Now concerning the new EPIC (3G) Chicken Loop , yes you can retrofit it with any bars, but it has to be a 4 line bar. We are still working on the prototype one. They are few things I want to change for example switch the small red ball that goes in the CL with a Stainless Steel one, and few other minor things.
If you want you can use one of my prototype CL this fall on the Outer Banks and put it on your wife's bar and see what you think. Just let me know when you plan to come down this fall.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Well that is a bold lie.. :) Or SBC Kiteboarding does not know anything about kites and flying them. Nor you Dimitri (which I don't believe :) ) if you believe above statement and tell it in public.
Hello Mr.joriws,
I am not in the office right now but will be soon. We did receive the new SBC KITEBOARDING magazine few days ago because I saw it at the office yesterday. So I will see what they say on the review they did and will post it here on this post. Give me until this evening. I think they did mention something like that on their review.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Dimitri M wrote: Hello Laughingman,
Once I get them in, I will let you know how much the INFINITY v2 weights. That is a great idea, thanks.
Here is the thread where they are collecting data on light wind kites.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2360753&hilit=weight

Good information there.

When do you expect the new chicken-loop will be ready for sale?

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Still dont get why people think the weight of a kite is interesting to know. All kites fly MUCH MUCH earlier then when they can be kiteable. So kinda wondering if it even matters if a kite is lighter or heavier. Or as i get the impression a Gimmick like the one strut kites. Seems pretty pointless to me.

But what the heck do i know.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Hello Laughingman,
I just want to make sure the new EPIC Chicken Loop (3G) is 110%. So in order to do that I need more time for more testing. We are very close for the production run. We might have them in November.

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby davesails7 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Geronimo79 wrote:All kites fly MUCH MUCH earlier then when they can be kiteable.
I don't think that's the case anymore with raceboards. Maybe 1 to 2 knots between getting the kite in the air to riding upwind.

Whether or not simple weight to projected area ratios are meaningful though, I doubt it.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Since I don't have any INFINITY v2 kites in the ware house until this Friday, I had to contact one of my Epic dealers so he can weight the INFINITY v2 kite for me.
So the INFINITY v2 "kite only" with no bags, no straps, totally naked and dry weights 9.3 lbs.
Let me know if you need anything else I can help you with Mr.Laughingman

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Mr.joriws,
I was able to scan the review the SBC KITEBOARDING magazine did on the INFINITY v2 kite for this new issue, and this is what they wrote:
"Super easy relaunch, and stayed up easily in winds that saw the other light wind kites falling from the sky. Less de-power than the best".
"Good low-end kite that allows you to park and ride with good unhooked pull. Performs well and feels like a much smaller kite"
Attachments
sbc_infin_review2.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”