Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 am

Dimitri M wrote:
Show me another kite that can perform as good as what the INFINITY v3 did in such light wind.
I bet you that not even a foil kite will be able to go up in the air because of the lack of wind in order to pump the kite.
SupaEz[/b]" you are next so get ready.[/i][/size]

I bet many LW specific tube kites could have performed as good as the Infinity V3 in such light wind

You "lose your bet" Dimitri about a foil unable to launch (Hot or from edge of window) in no wind
You see...i have launched with those 2 methods in totally zero wind :D ...on grass inside a park

All you do is prepare the kite by filling it completely with air... :D .
....using a rechargeable Black & Decker leaf blower....in less than 2 minutes a Speed3 21 is ready

In the 3 years on Speed 2 19M...Speed 2.5 19M..Speed 3 21M..all in skytek ultralight cloth.....
...i went out dozens of times in the exact conditions you were in.... on a "door"...instead of SUP

So really what you are doing is nothing new...it is just documented with a video...by yourself...

The reason nobody is out..is that really so many people don't care about kiting in less than 8 knots

Now coming to Florida for LW in December is not a true test since cold dry wind 70 degrees.....
..and below has more punch/power than in the summertime 85 degrees++ humid wind

So come on down....try to make your kite popular in Florida...(p.s.we have zero Inf's out here..why?)
If your kite is that good...it will outnumber all the LW kites out there in Florida real soon :wink:

You will then own us....... the light wind state of the USA....
.....Florida with our year round average of 9 knots

Do what you have to do to drum up some business for your LW kite...you gotta make a living
...BTW i do not need to get ready for anything...if it happens it happens...no worries..it's all good

..................................... :sun: :sun: :sun: :surf: :sun: :sun: :sun: .....................................................

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby davesails7 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:26 am

I know I wasn't there, but I was watching your recent Infinity video and I don't know about this 1-2 knots. I was looking for something blowing in the background to see how much wind was really there.

Then I saw the flags in the background behind the kite when you are hot launching. As you're saying the wind is blowing "1 to 2 knots" that flag is flapping pretty good. You can see it from 0:50 on. I don't know, looks like at least 5 knots to me. Especially that middle flag.

https://vimeo.com/53177274#at=50

I do look forward to trying it out though this spring! I hope you can prove me wrong with the v3, because riding in 1-2 knots sounds pretty good to me even if I need a SUP :thumb:

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 am

Dimitri M wrote:
ca´mon Dimitri

P.S. Oh by the way I am coming down to FLORIDA for the "LIGHT WIND SHOW DOWN" and to do some Epic demos. :thumb:
The demos will first start November 23rd to the 25th in Naples Florida. Then December 1st to the 2nd in The Keys FL at Anne's Beach (check with our Epic Dealer Otherside Boardsports). Then will do more demos on the East cost of Florida for the entire month of December. So will keep you posted for these dates. "SupaEz" you are next so get ready.
dimitri, please put it on your facebook when you are coming around east coast of florida, want to try that oxygen!!! might try the infinity if it looks good

thanks

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 am

.....Then I saw the flags in the background behind the kite when you are hot launching. As you're saying the wind is blowing "1 to 2 knots" that flag is flapping pretty good. You can see it from 0:50 on. I don't know, looks like at least 5 knots to me. Especially that middle flag.
davesails7,
Yes you are correct these flags are meant to be straight in no wind because of the way they are shaped. We sell the same EPIC flags and they stay up like that and move just a little in 1 to 3 knots. This is the reason why I am saying (2 to 4 knots).
By the way check the kite itself on the ground. (see the video at: 0:15scs) It was not moving at all. Now that is a better observation then the flag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hkeCm2Cg64
Again I am not saying that any one can go and kite on the SUP and the INFINITY v3 in (2 to 4 knots). All I am saying is that the INFINITY v3 did past the test in amazing light wind conditions.

SupaEZ, there was a kiter that day at the same parking lot who flies Flysurfer 15 and 21 meter kites and after I was done I asked him why he did not put his 21 meter foil kite up!!! He said there was no breeze to fill the cell chambers of his foil kite on the ground and he was impressed that I was able to kite in no wind. I told him it was blowing 2 to 4 knots and he could of used the compressor that KHK shop had. Will see you soon in FL. :bye:

jespin4845, will post it on FACEBOOK and on the KITEFORUM once we are in Florida for the demos.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:56 am

I'll bring my Purple Speed 3 21M and the Monster door. Lets do a side by side in Cocoa Beach. If I can go in less wind (UPWIND) with the V3, I will buy one on the Spot. Clydesdale class here. In Ocean. :jap: :dontpanic: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 am

Ok deal 14ToeSide will see you in December or January. Will have to borrow an SUP board in (2 to 4 knots) if that is ok with you, because with out it I don't think I will be able to do it in (2 to 4 knots). But if it is blowing 6 to 8 knots will be able with the OXYGEN v2 board or the REEF 5'7" surf board that is for sure.
But in the mean time can you post a video of you kiting in 2 to 4 knots on your Speed 3 foil kite so people can have a better understanding and see the proofs, and make sure it is blowing (2 to 4 knots) and no wrinkles on the water for miles away. Please no excuses. I did my part now your turn. Same thing with you SupaEZ since you seem to have so much time in your hands.
Thank you

P.S. By the way the INFINITY v3 are not for sale yet because I am still working on the prototype one. But you will be very happy with the INFINITY v2.
:thumb:

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:17 am

I'm hopin you are correct. Would rather be flying Blowups. At 240 lbs and 6 ft 5 I need A lot of juice in the Ocean with whitewater and current. Woooo Whooooo!

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 am

That's insane!

The Infinity V3 must have helium in it or some alien anti-gravity technology.

Ed

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:24 am

davesails7 wrote:I know I wasn't there, but I was watching your recent Infinity video and I don't know about this 1-2 knots. I was looking for something blowing in the background to see how much wind was really there.

Then I saw the flags in the background behind the kite when you are hot launching. As you're saying the wind is blowing "1 to 2 knots" that flag is flapping pretty good. You can see it from 0:50 on. I don't know, looks like at least 5 knots to me. Especially that middle flag.

I do look forward to trying it out though this spring! I hope you can prove me wrong with the v3, because riding in 1-2 knots sounds pretty good to me even if I need a SUP :thumb:

Jeez, that's correct you were not there!
Several people have stated that they were there and witnessed Dimitri on this day and the fact that the wind was in there opinion maybe 2-4 knots.....

I was also there and to be honest thought Dimitri was going to end up with egg on his face when he said he was going to launch the V3 and even more surprised when he asked me to grab one of the SUPs from the KH rack nearby. I stated in the vid that I would be impressed if D could even launch the kite, smirking as I said it, my smirk soon disappeared when my chin dropped in disbelief...along with everyone else present.
I doubt if many people could have done what Dimitri did that day, great testamount to his incredible skills but also to the "fact" the kite just sat there and did its job so effortlessly.

Whether you believe me and all the others really doesn't interest me, what does intrigue me is all the scepticism, even with all the witnesses and vid/photo evidence, unlike mr. Ez who so far as I have seen has given zero back up to his constant claims....just a lot of hot air!

On a UK forum one guy stated that the whole video was so obviously staged, even quoting the guy asking "what kite is that" I wonder if Lou who asked the question has seen this forums thread, I'm sure he'd be laughing like I have.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:31 am

Yeah, let's compare the infinity, that can actually loop and turn on a dime (for a lightwind kite) against a 21 meter foil kite that costs at least twice as much, has at least a 4 meter size advantage, and has maybe half the agility. Sure, the 21 meter foil kite can pull you across the water as well as the 15-17(?) Infinity, but show me a video of you looping it. Show me in any wind how it can turn like the Infinity. Show me how you can use it as flotation as you self-rescue back to land.

Compare apples to apples, oh lovers of the floating grocery bags. :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”