Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby L0KI » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:02 am

If I remember correctly, when Supa showed up on an Epic thread, it was for the specific purpose of pimping the Core kites he is an ambassador for, in his area.
The Core dealer, on the other hand, was smart and humble and stayed off threads for other brands.
Over time, it has become an ongoing debate about guessing wind speeds, and accuracy of video, and guessing wind direction and conditions, and laminar flow, and who has better stories about their Glory Days, and weight of wives, and how many sessions ridden per week, and how close to the beach we live, and who knows wind better by looking at video, and what we were doing in 1977, and who jumps higher at over 50, and who won what contests 35 years ago, and who is the lightwind king guru, and a whole bunch of other ego driven nonsense.
As another old man who used to feel ten feet tall and bulletproof, it is embarrassing to witness.
I do not know why the Epic threads, on occasion, attract a few who cannot help themselves but to comment on gear they have not flown and who get so pissed because the Epic threads are long and full of accolades by people who have flown and like the gear...not sure why this should be so bothersome.
It is a big forum with lots of room for thousands of threads, not sure why anybody would feel the place is crowded, if you don't like what you see, it is so goddamn simple to not participate in a thread.
But if you come here and mouth off, for months at a time, sooner or later somebody is gonna call you out and maybe give you a spankin.
But still I feel bad because old Supa man has taken his marbles and gone away mad, and he took his faithful sidekick 14Toeside with him. :(

KiteFrisco
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Frisco, NC
Favorite Beaches: Frisco, NC
Style: Waves, Flat Water
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteFrisco » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:20 am

ice wrote:Re the V2 I notice on the Epic website it is given a 10/10 for waveriding.
This is unusual for a light wind kite.
Anyone used them in waves and got some feedback..
Ice,
I use my Infinity V1 on the waves about 1/4 of the time for wave riding in the OBX. I'd have to say, I haven't seen anyone having as much fun as I've had on the waves in light wind. Note that I generally don't go below 12 knots because the current on the inside is often 3-5 knots and the waves better than 4'. Around 15 knots with head high surf is pretty sweet. That's the point where I'll start seeing other riders, but they're having difficulty getting in position in time. I'm also usually doing downwinders (staying upwind on the waves is too much work and too little play for me).

I haven't gotten to try the infinity in such small waves that are in Windsuks' video yet. So if my wind requirements seem a little high, consider the conditions. I'm just making the point that the Infinity works in larger waves too. It downloops quite nice, and pivot turns as well.

One other thing that Dimitri might not like: I use the LF bar. I like the extra range it gives without playing with depower straps.

Dimitri why don't you post a big-wave infinity video?

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:27 am

pj sofine wrote:Not really into light wind kiting.I'm following this thread because I want to see which version will be able attain the holy grail of kiting- kiting in the contraversal "negative wind",sub 0 wind speeds.
Negative wind would just be a change of direction! :lol:

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"

Postby Dj A-Ron » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 am

Well, Dimitri said he is on his way down there to Florida to put on some demos....
Dimitri, I sure hope you track them guys down there in Florida and turn them to the Epic side of the force... :allbegood:

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
The Flats (Key West)
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)

Postby Dj A-Ron » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:29 am

KiteFrisco wrote:
ice wrote:One other thing that Dimitri might not like: I use the LF bar. I like the extra range it gives without playing with depower straps.
I also use the LF bar with some of my Epic kites. I love the 45cm LF bar with my 11m Renegade! My favorite combo!!!

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:03 am

Dj A-Ron wrote:Well, Dimitri said he is on his way down there to Florida to put on some demos....
Dimitri, I sure hope you track them guys down there in Florida and turn them to the Epic side of the force... :allbegood:
Should not be hard to locate Supa, he lives two blocks from the beach and kites 320+ days a year.
Dimitri knows which beach.
Supa is 52 years old (looks much younger) and 165 pounds.
Flying his Core 19M normally, or his smaller North Rebel when it's windy.
On a quad fin North Kontact or a very expensive North Select with the Rebel.
Got his 105 pound wife out on the water with him every day, she will be on the Core 17M.
I do find it interesting that Supa and 14Toeside got all huffy and stormed off the day Dimitri got on a plane to go meet them....and why they are in a huff after all the needling that Supa has done to many others for months, why they are all insulted and butt-hurt now is beyond my understanding.
A few people just asked Supa to provide video proof of his over and over and over and over and over and over and over again claims of his supreme lightwind expertise.
Toeside is mad because somebody dissed his buddy, which is nice of him.
Last edited by L0KI on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
The Flats (Key West)
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)

Postby Dj A-Ron » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:21 am

Hey Oldnbroken.....sssssshhhhh.....we just got rid of them.... At least let us enjoy it for a few days.... You're kinda pushin buttons and begging them to come back...

Funny shit though....

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:27 am

Yeah, I sorta have a knack for pushing buttons.
That's why I've been punched in the head so my times. :lol:

dwnwinder
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras, Va Beach
Favorite Beaches: Jockey's Ridge, Cape Charles, Kite Point
Style: Waves
Gear: Slingshot, Epic, Naish

Postby dwnwinder » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Hey SupaEZ,
I have an idea. How about you come to Hatteras and have a showdown with Dimitri? I will personally purchase your plane ticket. You bring your skills and your kites and put your money where your mouth is. We can have a friendly competition to settle this ridiculous bantering. The loser writes a 500 word post on how bad they suck and they cannot post for 90 days. Winner gets bragging rights and will be the undisputed winner of the debate. You and Dimitri can agree to the rules and time. Who knows, maybe we can make it small event where proceeds of baked goods, etc goes to charity? If you're as confident as you come off, this should be SupaEZ for you. What do you say?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Guys we are here to talk about the INFINITY light wind kite and not about people's psychology so please be nice to each other and keep it that way. We all share the same passion.
:allbegood:

Any way back to the topic. I guess I am not the only one that was shocked and impressed to see the INFINITY V3 prototype fly in 2 to 4 knots on the SUP board.
Few days later I was very intrigue to see what the INFINITY V2 production model could do in same condition of wind (2 to 4 knots). Actually it was blowing a little more 4 to 6 knots max that day when I decided to test the INFINITY v2 to compare it against the V3 prototype. I was on an SUP board and was doing great and had tons of power. The water was not as glassy as the previous day when I was testing the V3 prototype because of more breeze on the water, but then after 20 minutes, the wind dropped well bellow 5 knots, perfect for the really test of how low I can go on the INFINITY v2 production model.
Well I did not last, I had a hard time to keep the kite up in the air in such light winds and finally got stuck out in the bay and had to swim back.
Any way, now I know for sure that the INFINITY V3 prototype is better then the V2 production in bellow 5 knots. But again who wants to kite in 2 to 4 knots on an SUP board!!! It is good exercise and gives you better kite and board skills but it is stressful.
So right now the INFINITY V3 is better then the INFINITY V2 in very very very light winds but it is not as good in higher winds. So this is what I am working on as we speak. The INFINITY V2 is an amazing kite. Very good from 7 to 10 knots on a Twin Tip or Surf Board. Very good in 5 to 7 knots on an SUP board and also very good in 10 to 14 knots or 12 to 20 knots on a smaller board and depending your weight. Compare to the INFINITY V3 that is unbelievable in 2 to 4 knots on an SUP board and amazing in 6 to 9 knots on a Twin Tip or Surf board and very good in 9 to 17 knots on a smaller board. Above 17 knots it has too much power and it's hard to hold an edge but that is why the INFINITY V3 is still a prototype.

Return to “Kitesurfing”