Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:26 pm

I did do some deep water relaunches while I was testing the kite. As I stated earlier, it seemed to rotate off the water about the same as any other bow kite, so in deep water, I had the same challenge as normal keeping tension on the lines and used the board for resistence. Once I got the kite to rotate onto its edge, it launched every time, so that is where I saw the improvement. I did not have to body drag until the wind was above 8kts, but by then, upwind was no problem.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby frankm1960 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 am

aah ok... I didn't realize you were trying all that in deep water.... deep water relaunch in 4-6kts is really good.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KYLakeKiter » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 am

I did not have a wind meter with me either day, but my estimate is that I could launch it in 5kts with my feet on the ground, and 6 to 7kts in deep water. While I was drifting, it was not easy to get it to rotate in really light wind, but when it did, it flew.

Based on the post below I must be about a knot shy on my estimates. I did check wind alert after the fact, and on the water, I used white caps starting to appear as my 8kt indicator, but I am no expert. Either way, I don't have to be correct, I just have to be impressed, and I did manage to get the kite off the water much sooner than I thought I would. :thumb:
Last edited by KYLakeKiter on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Relaunching the INFINTIY V2 in the water in (5 to 7 knots) will be very hard. I have done it but in knee deep water, but I had to work it. I was able to relaunch it in deep water on my surf board in (7 to 9 knots). (See video bellow)

Relaunching the INFINITY V3 in the water in (2 to 4 knots) is impossible. The only way you can relaunch it is if you are in knee deep water and your kite is set in an HOT LAUNCH. That is the only way you will be able to relaunch the INFINITY V3 in (2 to 4 knots). Same thing if you are on land.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Been thanked: 0

Postby frankm1960 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 pm

So infinity V3 means same thing as infinity V2 "G3" ?

I didn't see a deep water re-launch in the video as I thought there would be... looked more like waste deep from what I could tell. Traction definitely makes a difference.

Nice video though... beautiful beach.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:34 am

Today was the first day I got to fly my Infinity V2. I demoed Dimitri's kite just after Christmas and this was the first chance I have had to fly mine. I flew it for 8 hours today (and have all the soreness to show for it). This morning I got to fly some enjoyable light wind (8 to 10 kts with few holes) and then this afternoon right up to the line of being overpowered for a few hours this afternoon (15 to 18kts). I am at Dauphin Island AL, so you can check wind alert for today to verify my wind estimates. I don't want to re-hash my earlier review, but I did want to say that I was very impressed at the range the kite had, and I was very surprised that I was still able to fly it this afternoon. I had no problem staying up wind in 15+ knots. Of course, had there been 15kts when I got there, I probably would have inflated another kite, but it was cool to see and I had a great time. :thumb:

This is a really good light wind kite, and I have a full day of enjoyment to show for it. I am not saying it is any better or any worse than any other kite. I am sure there are many good light wind kites out there, but I can say for sure that this one gets the job done. :bye:

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KYLakeKiter » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:37 am

Just to add to yesterdays comments, today I flew my 14m Nemesis all day in 15 to 20kts and to my surprise, the Infinity turns significantly faster even with the bridle (of the Nemesis) on the fast setting. I really did not expect this.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:55 am

Just to add to yesterdays comments, today I flew my 14m Nemesis all day in 15 to 20kts and to my surprise, the Infinity turns significantly faster even with the bridle (of the Nemesis) on the fast setting. I really did not expect this.
Maybe KYLakeKiter it's time to get a SCREAMER 14 or a RENEGADE 13 LTD kite. Actually the RENEGADE 13 LTD v2 is the mini INFINITY V2 kite. So if you like the response and power of the INFINITY V2, I think with the RENEGADE 13 LTD you are in for a treat. Trust me.
:thumb:

By the way thank you for posting the review about the INFINITY v2 kite. But again remember the INFINITY kite was not designed to kite in more then 15 knots. Because in 12 to 15 knots I can use the RENEGADE 13 LTD or the SCREAMER 14. Any way the best wind for this kite is 7 to 13 knots depending also what board you are using and how much you weight. If you weigh 230-260 lbs then the best wind will be 9 to 18 knots max.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KYLakeKiter » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 am

Dimitri M wrote:
Maybe KYLakeKiter it's time to get a SCREAMER 14 or a RENEGADE 13 LTD kite. Actually the RENEGADE 13 LTD v2 is the mini INFINITY V2 kite. So if you like the response and power of the INFINITY V2, I think with the RENEGADE 13 LTD you are in for a treat. Trust me.
:thumb:

By the way thank you for posting the review about the INFINITY v2 kite. But again remember the INFINITY kite was not designed to kite in more then 15 knots. Because in 12 to 15 knots I can use the RENEGADE 13 LTD or the SCREAMER 14. Any way the best wind for this kite is 7 to 13 knots depending also what board you are using and how much you weight. If you weigh 230-260 lbs then the best wind will be 9 to 18 knots max.
Safety disclaimer noted :naughty: I still had depower left, so I had to see if I could stay upwind on it. (I only weigh 180)

You know I have my eye on a Screamer. I will give you a call when my boosting skills are worthy. :lol:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 am

Hello guys,
This is the new video of the INFINITY V3 prototype kite in less then "!!!!Knots" (you decide the wind speed after watching that video)
Pay attention to the Palm trees, the canopy of the kites seating on the beach, me pumping the kite with no leash attached to the kite, how loose the steering lines of the kites are while on the SUP board because of no pressure inside the kite which means no much wind at all, and listen to the witnesses in that video. This will probably answer all your questions about the wind speed.
But once again, the idea of this video is to show you how well the INFINITY V3 light wind machine can stay up in the air in very very light breeze. Again this was not easy to do, but as you can see I was able to show you once again the performance of the INFINITY V3 and how it's able to stay up in the air in less then 5 knots and most important and most impressive being able to move on an SUP board with out having the kite falling out of the sky plus being able to go up wind.
Now the main question: "What do you think about the new colors of the INFINITY V3? Should we keep it blue color or go with the new color pattern?"

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:
Attachments
GPV_0035-9 2.jpg
GPV_0003-6 1.jpg
Catching some waves on INFINITY V3 with SUP board in very very light wind.png
Catching some waves on INFINITY V3 with SUP board in very very light wind.png (412.56 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
DSCN0039 1.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg
DSCN0095 2.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”