All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Blade Kites 2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:01 am 
Rare Poster

Just received my 2012 Blade kites. I have tried the new 4G 12m Trigger and I noticed a slight increase in turning speed (2011 was already a really fast kite) The main thing I noticed was an improved amount of lift. One last thing I found was that this kite has a tremendous amount of range. I went from the Fat lady to the 12m with no problems. I am 210lbs and was wearing boots. The wind speed ranged from mid teens to mid 20s I easily could have been on my 9m but I was having too much fun. I was also really impressed with the new look.. So far I have only tried this kite in flat water conditions so I haven't had the opportunity to try the new advanced wave setting on the Trigger. I also scored a quick sesh on the 13m Prime. Again this too is a great looking kite with a focus on wakestyle. It is so easy to throw a powered unhooked move and the kite stays right where you want it.. I will try to get some video soon and also a more thorough review as time goes on. Here is a pic of the Trigger.
Attachment:
Trigger 12m.jpg
Trigger 12m.jpg [ 11.31 KIB | Viewed 3374 times ]

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Blade Kites 2012
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:58 pm 
Rare Poster

I'm still looking forward to trying out the new 2012 Blade gear. I've got the 2011 Triggers right now and really enjoy riding them, but I'm somewhat looking forward to trying out the new primes more. Just because I hear they are a tad bit easier to do unhooked tricks on.

Here's a video I found of the 2012 9m Trigger, I can't find a video of the prime.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:02 am 
Rare Poster

Hey Scrambles, Where are you located? Did you get a chance to try the 2011 Prime? Here is some more info on the 2012 lineup.

The 2012 Blade kites are here! Here they are up close and personal. Going into the 6th year for Blade, these kites fly well refined and smooth. Whether you are looking for a great all around performer like the Trigger, a powerful C shape in the Prime, or the best lightwind performance kite in the Fat lady, Blade 2012 has you covered.

This year's lineup includes the Trigger, Prime, and Fat Lady.

The Trigger
Available in 5, 7, 9, 10, 12 and 14

Price Starting at: $869

The Trigger is a 3 strut design that excels in waves and freeriding. The hangtime and ease of flight allows anyone to advance their riding with this kite. I was exclusively on the Triggers last year and had an awesome time. They handle gusty conditions well and provide a lot of depower.

One of the new features is the kites NEW Wave Drifter setting that makes this kite ideal for wave riding. Use the standard settings, and the kite is the big air, easy to fly, and playful kite that riders have come to love from years past, but switch the bridle to the Wave Drifter setting and this kite is transformed into a wave riding monster. Instead of sitting deep in the window as many traditional wave kites do, pulling you off of the wave, this kite is made to sit on the edge of the window and drift along at the edge of the window above you, without falling back, so that you can ride the wave without worrying about the kite or managing needless downwind pull.

The Prime Available in 7m 9m 11m and 13m sizes.

Price starting at: $1,448 Complete (7m)

The Prime is being compared to the top C style kites and holding ground very well: The Nirvana (7m $1499) , The Fuel (7m $1,798), The GP (7m $1,558)

It delivers tons of pop and a powerful loop for advanced riders. I'll be completely honest, this kite really isn't meant to be the best for everyone. It does not have nearly as much depower as the Trigger. It sits further back in the window and allows the rider to unhook without losing your power. If Freestyle is your style you won't be disappointed.

2012 Bar

Keep an eye out for a demo near you! We are planning on some snowkite trips this winter as well!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:54 pm 
Rare Poster

Got the 2012 primes in two weeks ago. The wind has been blowing like crazy here the last few days so more then enough time to test the Prime 7. In my opinion this is the kite that needed most attention in 2011. I love it now. It's one awesome kite. Huge boost AND it's stable. No more jellyfishing just a great kite.

All other sizes are perfected from 2011 and are even better then last years. I love my primes!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:44 pm 
Rare Poster

Blade 2012 kites look good and I can't wait to get my new quiver! Very interested to see how the new Trigger performs with the wave performance attachment point. I understand the drift and depower is excellent. Has anyone had a chance to try the new wave attachment option?

I also hear that the new 14m Trigger has been improved a lot. Can't wait to fly it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:26 am 
Medium Poster

Got the opportunity to ride the new Fat Lady in 11-14 knots. I weigh 75kg and ride a twintip 132x41.
Without a doubt, it was a fun day of riding. Decent turning speed and plenty of power. On the first beach start i almost went over the board bc i was not ready for the amount of power i had. Plenty of hang time also great performance unhooked. Its not a C kite, but i had loads of fun jumping and impressing my gf on the beach.
I did crash the kite once, but it bounced right off. As in my gf's words: "you didnt miss a beat".

Hopefully Ill be able to try out the trigger later on this week.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:47 pm 
Frequent Poster

we are starting to get real excited here. First batch arrives in about a week. Gotta say though they look great and judging by the fat lady (the only 2012 ive flown so far) , it will be a great year for blade in 2012

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Just got my 2012 Trigger 7M & 10M kites.
A front blew in yesterday from the north.... a cold front here means strong wind but super shitty gusty wind. We ride on a tiny lake surrounded by nothing but rock, so mistakes can be bloody. Three kites got torn to hell yesterday. It blew around 28mph average wind, with periods of 40mph and lulls to below 20mph.
The 2012 Trigger 7M kite was stable and safe and was an all around peach.
No depower strap pulled in and I was completely comfortable in the hardest gusts of the day.
I don't know the top end on this kite yet, but I will say it is way up there.
I weigh 175 pounds, and was on a 135X41TT.

Last edited by Oldnbroken on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:18 pm 
Rare Poster

Ive been riding the primes since a couple of weeks now and the kite is very nice some changes from the last year i found it more stable in gusty conditions and with more power in the lower range .
The construction is better with some new renforcement.
I love it and i am defintly goin to stick to it for a while !!
The boards realy changed this year too for the curious one you should have a go such a sweet ride ..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:55 pm 
Frequent Poster

i have not my 2012 kites yet, but i had the opportunity to test the 2012 kites and boards in the photo session to 2012,

about the trigger we have two option sets, the standart and the advanced wave, the standard option have better performance with great power, good depower and turns very quickly, and feels very dynamic.
The wave option makes the kite sit forward in the window with more depower. this helps the kite drift and have extra depower that helps maintain the positioning on the wave at all times.

About the prime The kite is a more robust now comparing with the 2011 model, The turning of the kite is also quicker with more power in the turn.

about the boards....
the Sanchez is AWESOME, a great board, very comfortable, no problems with water in the face while riding in the sea, she have great upwind capabilities, great pop and extremely beautiful,

the Deuce, for me i found it more technical , she have all the capabilities of the Sanchez and even more, , i think that she requires more experience to make good pops, and go upwind, but when you get that, you can generate massive pop and go very well upwind , for me the Sanchez is a all round board to everyone and good in all specs, and the Deuce to the riders that want to take his freeride to the next level...

and a GREAT LIGHTWIND KITE...

Last edited by calibra on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next