Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?

Forum for kitesurfers
IWB2
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?

Postby IWB2 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Bille wrote:
Jbrook wrote: ...
I got more than a full season out of my FOne kites but I never leave them on the beach or in the sun always put them up in between sessions.
YEP -- The sunshine & it's UV is one of the BEST ways to destroy
a kite there is.

I always fold mine up also !!

I see some riders will start with their Big kite & when the wind picks up
they will pump up their small one; leaving the monster on the beach, to just
bake in the sun All Day.

Bille

I totally agree Billie. It is quite amusing to see the riders who just dont know how to take proper basic care of their toys. Then when things start breaking some of them are so surprised and start making a lot of fuss.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:40 pm

IWB2 wrote:I totally agree Billie. It is quite amusing to see the riders who just dont know how to take proper basic care of their toys. Then when things start breaking some of them are so surprised and start making a lot of fuss.
I hope you are not referring to me?!
8)

doggy
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Camber Sands, Greatstone
Favorite Beaches: Camber Sands, Greatstone, Hayling Island, Majanicho
Style: Wakestyle, Freestyle, Surf
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby doggy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Liquid Force for sure, loads of dacron and double layers all over the place. Does hinder them a little when very underpowered but gives them a super solid feel in the sky. We use them in the smaller sizes in the strong winds.

We also use RRD and Airush kites, also both built very well with top quality materials and have lasted just as well in the school. Less dacron though so great in light winds.

blacktip
Frequent Poster

Postby blacktip » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 pm

There are a lot of ppl going on holiday to Brazil. You can sometimes tell by looking at their kites that they been there.
No surprise if you live there and kite for 6 months your kites suffer a lot. There the sun, the high winds, and no offence but there the riders skill also.
And what do 6 months really say? Its all about the hours of use. Canopy material has a certain UV lifespan.
Goodluck finding something better.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 pm

blacktip wrote:There are a lot of ppl going on holiday to Brazil. You can sometimes tell by looking at their kites that they been there.
No surprise if you live there and kite for 6 months your kites suffer a lot. There the sun, the high winds, and no offence but there the riders skill also.
And what do 6 months really say? Its all about the hours of use. Canopy material has a certain UV lifespan.
Goodluck finding something better.
This is Cabrinha's warranty statement:
"Cabrinha Kitesurfing warrants that this product, when it is purchased from an authorized Cabrinha Kitesurfing dealer by a retail customer, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year (Kites/Boards/Board Accessories) / 6 months (Control System) from the date of purchase by the original retail customer. This warranty is solely for the benefit of the original retail purchaser and may not be assigned. For retail customer Limited Warranty claims, proof of purchase from an authorized Cabrinha Kitesurfing dealer is required. If the date of purchase cannot be established, Cabrinha Kitesurfing will make a determination based upon on the last production year of the particular model, or on the condition of the equipment claimed...."

Look here http://www.cabrinhakites.com/warranty

Do you see anywhere that using kites in Brazil does not apply to their warranty rules?

If their canopy material can't stand 6 months of kiting in good weather conditions than there should be only given less than 6 months warranty and not 1 year.
Am I wrong or do you see it differently?

What does Cabrinha has to say?

Cheers
Caesar

PS: Trust me, Australia's UV index is much higher...

blacktip
Frequent Poster

Postby blacktip » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 pm

''Any repair or replacement of any product under this Limited Warranty is not available for ordinary wear and tear, including scratches or paint chipping, or for any damage caused by misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification or repairs, accident, heat, excessive exposure to sunlight, excessive exposure to cold, improper handling, storage, maintenance or care; incorrect setup, use in commercial, rental or teaching environments; use in reef wave waves, shorebreak or off the water; any blow or impact with a hard object or any other irresponsible use''

Would be cool then. Not only living in a place with wind almost every day. But also getting free kites every 6 months under warranty.

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 am

I have to say BEST has the most durable kite out there these days.
Yes not all models they have made, but the newer ones...
I crash my kite more than anyone I know, both on snow/ice and water/beach, and never any problem! And I have never had one single issue on a course either, and everybody else have had issues after courses over here.
A friend of mine used one of his kites every day on snow/ ice/ buildings and crashed it for years before he changed it, and never any problem.
I have seen every warranty over here as well, and I can count them on one hand, and there are only ONE proper warranty issue. And they sell quite a lot of kites over here.
And now they have the lifetime warranty, who else dare to do that? Pretty good of you ask me ;)

KVL
Medium Poster

Postby KVL » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:12 am

Caesar wrote:Kiting Cabrinaha's Switchblades since the last 4 years, it is time to depart Cabrinha kites
Why move away from Cabrinha, fs you have had them for 4 years. I read this, as you have been quite happy with them so far..?

RickyBobby
Frequent Poster

Postby RickyBobby » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:52 pm

My 2010 Cabrinha Switchblades seem to be excellent quality kites. I've had several Cab models in the last 6 years and have not personally experienced the issues that some of you are reporting.

Also, I frequently kite with a friend who has original Cab Crossbows. These kites have been in service since their 2005 intro. No problems whatsoever.

I'm not affiliated with Cabrinha in any manner.

Rb

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:16 pm

KVL wrote:
Caesar wrote:Kiting Cabrinaha's Switchblades since the last 4 years, it is time to depart Cabrinha kites
Why move away from Cabrinha, fs you have had them for 4 years. I read this, as you have been quite happy with them so far..?
Hi KVL,

Because I don't have the support anymore which I had through my local store DownUnder. Issues were fixed through them without any problems.
Cabrinha Germany has a different attitude towards their customers, so...
They didn't even asked questions- just "warranty declined". No possible issues or problems with their kites.
Go and get stu**ed Cabrinha Germany!!!

As I stated many times in the past, I was (and I am) very happy with the performance of the Switchblade. The few quality problems are a different story, but as long as it is getting fixed or replaced- no big issue for me...
I recommended Cabrinha to many people and they bought Cab kites on my recommendation.
I have to make some explanation now when they see me on a different kite.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Return to “Kitesurfing”