Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?

forum for kitesurfers

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: Fast, anti lawnmower.
Gear: Wipika Freeair 8.5 2 liner and Picklefork.
Brand Affiliation: iansmusic.com - free music for your kite videos

Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:14 pm

funny reading this, i have been riding a 4.9 blade given to me by a friend, reminded me how awesome 2 line kites are in steady wind, easily the best for unhooking, slow and steady, still suck in gusty conditions and it got wet tho so was all over..!

it made me think that in steady wind parts of the world, maybe 2 line kites may make a comeback

i think it is fair to say that the bombproof kites of a few years ago were maybe too $bombproof$...

skyte
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: FLEXIFOIL

Postby skyte » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:14 pm

tautologies wrote:
skyte wrote:That's the funniest thing I've seen on this forum for a long time! I almost want to send you a free 4.9m Flexifoil Blade and get you to try it in 20knots :-)

Will you send me one if I say something about how shitty a foil is (I am not saying it is, but if it means you send me a kite I will tell you how shitty it is) ;-)

No

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:31 am

skyte wrote:No

lol..ok then.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: wave,big air,megaloops
Gear: Epic kites,g-force boards,cohete surfboards

Postby nikalaitzian » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Check those little lasting videos about the quality of EPIC kites...

100% satisfied!!!

The Captain
Frequent Poster

Postby The Captain » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:39 pm

The foils will last for sure...

Surprised nobody mentioned Ocean Rodeo. I don't own one (not pimping), but have had a good look once or twice and understand them to be bomb proof.
???

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: BestKiteboarding.com

Postby sq225917 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:33 pm

I wonder which of these brands backs them up with a LIFETIME warranty. Just one foil and one inflatable brand then. BEST and Flysurfer.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: wave,big air,megaloops
Gear: Epic kites,g-force boards,cohete surfboards

Postby nikalaitzian » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:40 pm

sq225917 wrote:I wonder which of these brands backs them up with a LIFETIME warranty. Just one foil and one inflatable brand then. BEST and Flysurfer.

come on man..did you read the terms...they dont seem to offer more then others finaly :-? :roll:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Personally I think the FOIL kites are the strongest kites in the market because they don't need any bladders or inflating valves, bu they do fly totally different then the INFLATABLE kites. It is just a personal preference. But as INFLATABLE kites the best thing for you will be to buy a used or new EPIC kite and see how long the kite will last. Trust me we stand behind our product 110%.
Just read all the testimonials from different kiters and you will understand why.
And "YES" I'm the owner of EPICKITES.
Attachments
DSC_0127.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:58 pm

I like your thoughts but would be surprised if these two line foils will ever make any comeback in popularity. I think that Flexifoil Blades are not only the most durable and reliable kites I've ever used on the water, but also the safest. Their lack of relaunchability has one very obvious drawback, but it also has many advantages. I just jumped in when I saw someone else who has flown a blade over (and into) the water. But like Dimitri says, it's just a personal preference.

longwhitecloud wrote:funny reading this, i have been riding a 4.9 blade given to me by a friend, reminded me how awesome 2 line kites are in steady wind, easily the best for unhooking, slow and steady, still suck in gusty conditions and it got wet tho so was all over..!

it made me think that in steady wind parts of the world, maybe 2 line kites may make a comeback

i think it is fair to say that the bombproof kites of a few years ago were maybe too $bombproof$...

Cray
Medium Poster

Postby Cray » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:48 pm

A nice long thread :-) with everyone pimping his own brand. Kiteforum @ its best :-)))). The ugly naked truth is: Nylon cloth and PU bladders are super sensitive. They do make up together great things that pull us through water and give us lot's of joy but in the end: Kites are f***ing sensitive.

Hopefully Tejin, Porcher, Gelvenor ... keep improving their gentle cloths and bring more durability. Until then we are stuck with our loved and super sensitive equipment.

Maybe we should demand more to know what cloth, lines, dacron and bladders are used in a kite. Paragliders always pimp their materials.

Return to “Kitesurfing”