*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:11 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:37 pm
Posts: 29
I saw very fiew comments on RRD regarding quality as I am now to choose between the Visions/Religions and the SS RPMs.
I am currently on RRDs and I am impressed with the kite durability but not the bar which is desintegrating having 3 seasons behind.
So whats your oppinion on the new RRDs??


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:27 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 1111
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
eightsmileys wrote:
Caesar,

Just to clarify things i am a distributor of Liquid Force and also repair kites / boards professionally for the last 2 years.

I was kiting for years and had flown many kites before getting into this business. Before even starting off with Liquid Force i had a few other famous brands to choose from, LF was a brand of choice due to their quality.

I get many kites for repair and i have not gotten a Liquid Force kite....i had a customer owner of an Liquid Force Assault 2007 who had a tear after a lot of unsuccessful attempts for a tangle pass = hitting the water!

Famous brands use low quality material...Cabrinha used the most durable materials in the past but now they use lower quality.

There are companies like Naish who use good material but the construction is super heavy = no low end! Leading to tears as some parts of the kite are so so so hard making other parts fragile!

Other brands unfortunately have bad designs...in the last month i got 4 kites of a company, same model breaking at the same place...inside they add a material to strengthen that specific part. I checked these kites and they have an added material that is sharp / a bit too hard (no round corners) which leads to a hole while is pumped up = explosion of the leading edge!

"It's like the surf industry...most companies do not use epoxy glue / extruded cells blanks which are higher quality / performance due to the added costs...they sell polyester boards for bigger margins"

Liquid Force have top quality, design, performance on their kites, boards etc...!

All the best,

Philios.


Hi mate,

I owned two LF kite boards. Both broke...
:cry:

The wakeboards I had from LF were good (and I still have a new one sitting here in my wardrobe but there is no wakeboarding here). No problems with them.

I don't know about their kites though...
I haven't seen any LF *high* in the air yet. What is their jumping machine and what are the specs (bar pressure, turning speed etc)?

Cheers
Caesar 8)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:17 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:52 am
Posts: 357
Location: www.eightsmileys.com
Hello Caesar,

There were a minority of boards that had some warranty issues in the past from what i heard but have not seen one break my self. What i know is that LF compensate these guys with new boards! That was in 2008 or 2009! After 2009 LF brand got better tuned and as of today 2012 the kites are the best out there! I used to ride Cabrinha twin tips and when i was learning kiteloops i broke 2 twin tips in 2 weeks...my technique was crap though...! For sure there is a small percentage of products that will not outlast in any brand...you just got to check the company's vision, quality, design, style and you will know what is all about! As soon as you see, touch, feel an LF kite you will smile...:)

Now in regards of jumping it depends on the model!

A high jumper is the NRG (floaty jumps, medium bar pressure, lost of ENERGY)...http://liquidforcekites.com/product/kites/nrg/

The best all around kite which i use and is my most selling kite is the Envy (amazing glide, low-medium bar pressure: depends if you ride the kite with too much tension on the back lines)...http://liquidforcekites.com/product/kites/envy/

The high end - freestyle kite is the Nirvana...http://liquidforcekites.com/product/kites/nirvana/

Simply be reading NRG, Envy, Nirvana you can understand which kite suits you! I like riding strapless and used to perform basic unhooked tricks and love the Envy.

Hope i have helped...just find your local dealer...try an LF!

Regards from Cyprus,

Philios.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:46 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 1111
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
eightsmileys wrote:
Hello Caesar,
There were a minority of boards that had some warranty issues in the past from what i heard but have not seen one break my self. What i know is that LF compensate these guys with new boards! That was in 2008 or 2009! After 2009 LF brand got better tuned and as of today 2012 the kites are the best out there! I used to ride Cabrinha twin tips and when i was learning kiteloops i broke 2 twin tips in 2 weeks...my technique was crap though...! For sure there is a small percentage of products that will not outlast in any brand...you just got to check the company's vision, quality, design, style and you will know what is all about! As soon as you see, touch, feel an LF kite you will smile...:)

Now in regards of jumping it depends on the model!

A high jumper is the NRG (floaty jumps, medium bar pressure, lost of ENERGY)...http://liquidforcekites.com/product/kites/nrg/

The best all around kite which i use and is my most selling kite is the Envy (amazing glide, low-medium bar pressure: depends if you ride the kite with too much tension on the back lines)...http://liquidforcekites.com/product/kites/envy/

The high end - freestyle kite is the Nirvana...http://liquidforcekites.com/product/kites/nirvana/

Simply be reading NRG, Envy, Nirvana you can understand which kite suits you! I like riding strapless and used to perform basic unhooked tricks and love the Envy.

Hope i have helped...just find your local dealer...try an LF!

Regards from Cyprus,

Philios.


Thanks mate, that was helpful.
I will look around if I find someone willing to lend me his/her kite for a test ride.

Cheers
Caesar 8)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:31 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Posts: 409
Ozone kites are bomb proof! I have hammered the crap out my 12m 2010 Catalyst, and have never had to repair it...apart from a couple of pin holes! Ozone kites are also really light, fast, amazing feedback through the bar and all of their models can boost huge! I have jumped higher on a 8m Catalyst than any other kite I have tried! The Edge is known to be the highest boosting kite on the market, but I haven't had the chance to try it.

Airush also make bomb proof high performance kites! The Lithium is a TOP...TOP..TOP kite!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:15 am
Posts: 13
In fact Cabrinha had some canopy problems with the 2010 kites
BUT
the 2011 were much better (like other brands)
AND
the new 2012 canopy fabric is the best I have ever seen amoung all brands!

If you like the Switchblade you will LOVE it with the new fabric!

Beside if you had troubles in Germany it is pretty sure more a problem of the way your dealer treated it as it is one of Cabrinha.
My experiences with their behaviour is just perfect! Quick, reliable and helpful!
Which dealer did you buy the kites from in Germany?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:52 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 1111
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
ILUVU wrote:
In fact Cabrinha had some canopy problems with the 2010 kites
BUT
the 2011 were much better (like other brands)
AND
the new 2012 canopy fabric is the best I have ever seen amoung all brands!

If you like the Switchblade you will LOVE it with the new fabric!

Beside if you had troubles in Germany it is pretty sure more a problem of the way your dealer treated it as it is one of Cabrinha.
My experiences with their behaviour is just perfect! Quick, reliable and helpful!
Which dealer did you buy the kites from in Germany?


http://www.surfpirates.de/

Marc from Surfpirates said they can't do anything. The German distributor (obviously not knowing where I'm living and kiting) declined the warranty.
They are just checking again.

Cheers
Caesar 8)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:41 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 3811
Location: OUTER BANKS (NC) USA. Owner of EPICKITES
Quote:
Poster: Jdizzle.
The Edge is known to be the highest boosting kite on the market, but I haven't had the chance to try it.

Hello "Jdizzle", I think you need to test the SCREAMER series from EpicKites if you think the Edge is the highest boosting kite in the market. The Screamer will change your mind. Check the latest issue on the KITEWORLD mag and you will see what they say about the SCREAMER kite during their kite test.


Attachments:
54-106-cold-comfort.jpg
54-106-cold-comfort.jpg [ 625.55 KIB | Viewed 597 times ]
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:19 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 pm
Posts: 409
I would love to try the Screamer! I'm hearing lots of good things about the performance and build quality of Epic kites! Good job! I'm in for a new 12m soon, and will definately be trying to demo some Epic kites :thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: What are the most durable/reliable kites these days?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:29 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 1111
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
Jdizzle wrote:
I would love to try the Screamer! I'm hearing lots of good things about the performance and build quality of Epic kites! Good job! I'm in for a new 12m soon, and will definately be trying to demo some Epic kites :thumb:


Yes Dimitri, and while you are there, come down to NE Brazil (Cumbuco) next. I will be taking care of the accom for you (and plenty of drinks after the session).

Cheers
Caesar 8)


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBQFish, CasperKiev, Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group