Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kitesurf destination in february for kiting

forum for kitesurfers

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites:
- 2010 RRD Obsession 10.5m
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow ID 12m
Boards:
- 2009 RRD Placebo (133x40cm)
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow MK2 (134cm)
Brand Affiliation: None

Kitesurf destination in february for kiting

Postby pwnd550 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:23 am

Hey,
I am looking for a good kitesurf destination in february 2012 in the Caribbean (Bahamas, maybe Dominican Republic), South America or Hawaii.
I would like good wind (around 15-25 knots), flat water, some waves (at a different place from the flat water area), water at around 25-30 degrees Celsius (75-85 Fahrenheit), and a good hotel not far from the kiting beach (a short walk or straight in front of the beach). Also, other activities than watersports would be cool to have.
My current ideas are:
- Cumbuco, Brazil
- Bahamas, Caribbean
- Maui, Hawaii

If anyone has recommendations, please let me know :)
Thanks!

idobyms
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007

Re: Kitesurf destination in february for kiting

Postby idobyms » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:49 am

Windy Holiday Destinations
February
Margarita, Western Oz, St. Louis-Senegal, cape verde, Melbourne, Hua Hin - Thailand, South Africa, La ventana-mexico, Boracay-philipines, Cap Chevalier-Martinique, Zanzibar-Tanzania, Copal-Costa Rica, Mui Ne Bay-Vietnam, Belize, Florida-USA, Nashiro-Japan, Baja, Barbados, South Padre Island-(TX)USA, Esbjerg-Denmark, cabarete, Bonaire-Carib, St. Lucia-Carib, Whitehaven-Whitsunday Islands, BVIs, Noordwijk ann Zee-Netherlands, Puclaro-Chile, Yemen-Red Sea

:D good luck!

:thumb:

adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Sullivan's Island, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Razor 8m, Prodigy 12m, Roam 7m and 9.5m
Ocean Rodeo Mako Duke/Jester
Nobile 2HD
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby adamj2281 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:10 am

I'm looking for the same, except I'm on the east coast, so looking more towards Tulum/PDC and the Caribbean. Also, an all-inclusive to keep the wife and family happy will help, so I'm looking at the following places:

Coconut Bay (St. Lucia)
Bitter End Yacht Club (BVI)
various resorts in PDC and Tulum

Good luck, and anyone who has any other ideas, feel free to post them.

dksurfer
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 10
Local Beach: Lake Nipissing, North Bay, ON, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Ontario Canada, PEI Canada
Hatteras, North Carolina
Cuba
Style: TT, SB and HF
Gear: 12, 9, 7 North Dice 2016
12 OR Flite 2016
12, 9 North Evo 2014
MHL Lift Foil

Postby dksurfer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:28 am

Cuba!

kitenprod
Medium Poster

Postby kitenprod » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:32 am

February is one of the best month for the Caribbean.

The Grenadines ... is definitely a place you wanna check out, certainly the most beaufitul u would ever be kiting in, and tones of stuff to do for non kiters.

We are opening a JT Pro Center over there:
www.kitesurfgrenadines.com

There are 2 places we can recommend, the anchorage yacht club hotel and the private island palm island all inclusive resort, all the info on our website.

Anyway, February is the best time for the whole Caribbean so if you don't happen to come visit in the grenadines you can also check out Barbados , st lucia, martinique, st martin, BVI, etc...

To answer the first post forget about Cumbuco as the season is already over at this time.

here is the trailer about kitesurfing in the grenadines:

http://vimeo.com/29509409

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Boards:

Postby pwnd550 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:43 am

kitenprod wrote:February is one of the best month for the Caribbean.

The Grenadines ... is definitely a place you wanna check out, certainly the most beaufitul u would ever be kiting in, and tones of stuff to do for non kiters.

We are opening a JT Pro Center over there:
www.kitesurfgrenadines.com

There are 2 places we can recommend, the anchorage yacht club hotel and the private island palm island all inclusive resort, all the info on our website.

Anyway, February is the best time for the whole Caribbean so if you don't happen to come visit in the grenadines you can also check out Barbados , st lucia, martinique, st martin, BVI, etc...

To answer the first post forget about Cumbuco as the season is already over at this time.

here is the trailer about kitesurfing in the grenadines:

http://vimeo.com/29509409
That is impressive! The place looks amazing! But sadly I think I might go to La Ventana in Baja :( still cool though!

kitenprod
Medium Poster

Postby kitenprod » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:40 am

The place is great !

I'm sure you gonna have an amazing time in Baja as well !

have fun !

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Season is not over in Brasil most people think it is but its not. La Ventana will leave you sitting on the beach many days and has no flat water, they go thru long dry spells sometimes :bye: . Cancun has what you are looking for I used to live there. Hotel Zone has nice waves and Isla Blanca is a great flat water spot. :bye:

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Boards:

Postby pwnd550 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Jbrook wrote:Season is not over in Brasil most people think it is but its not. La Ventana will leave you sitting on the beach many days and has no flat water, they go thru long dry spells sometimes :bye: . Cancun has what you are looking for I used to live there. Hotel Zone has nice waves and Isla Blanca is a great flat water spot. :bye:
Yeah I know I went to Cancun the last two years in february, but the wind wasn't that good for my 10.5m hopefully I can get a 12m soon :)

paco chan
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: kitebeach mikes bar , san martin beach. lagoon
Favorite Beaches: cozumel beaches
Style: free style ,wave riding
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: instructor

Postby paco chan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:37 pm

you wana have a wonderfull time kiting come to cozumel we have everything you need good wind form 18 to 35 knots warm water we have someny spot we have flat water waves and also we have an all-inclusive to keep the wife and family happy near by the kite beach and freabraury we have a carnival like mady grass at night so all you will have great time great place to snorkeling if you neew more info about cozumel mexico feel free to contact me at surfpacos@hotmail.com
Attachments
DSC_0190.JPG

Return to “Kitesurfing”