Forum for kitesurfers
Uride2
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Leaving lines attached when packing away

Postby Uride2 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:04 pm

Always take my lines off. I have bars with 20, 23, 25, 27 meter lines. I change up line lengths frequently depending on flat water or waves, wind strength.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm not kidding...i just found a "bar and lines laid out" on the beach that a kiter forgot when packing is DETACHED kite :rollgrin:

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:51 am

Hilarious :lol:
This guy starts a post of how this is one of his pet peeves in kiting. Now look at him. He finds a used bar and now he changes his convictions completely. :roll:

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:19 am

iblocalsurfer wrote:Hilarious :lol:
This guy starts a post of how this is one of his pet peeves in kiting. Now look at him. He finds a used bar and now he changes his convictions completely. :roll:
Right on! Don't you know, if you never change your convictions or opinions all throughout your life even in the face of more interesting ideas that you win a prize? I think it's 72 virgins, or maybe a harp ... I forget now.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:10 am

iblocalsurfer wrote:Hilarious :lol:
Iblocalsurfer you need to read my post again :wink: ...the kiter who forgot his bar/lines when packing "proves my point even further" that the ritual of detaching lines from kite can lead to those type of situations and in "no way did my convictions change" at all :nono: ...it actually reinforces my view about being a very pet peevish routine :roll: ... ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF OOOPS where the heck is my bar? :-?

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby TommyDuotone » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:19 am

The rolling smiley face tells me either you are happy someone lost their gear, thereby proving your point. Or, you are stoked that you have a new bar. Either way you're a tool. No suprise really since that was my first impression of you when I read your other post about pet peeves. Why don't you do something constructive/positive with the forum like trying to find the owner of the bar/lines.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:21 pm

iblocalsurfer wrote:The rolling smiley face tells me either you are happy someone lost their gear, thereby proving your point. Or, you are stoked that you have a new bar. Either way you're a tool. No suprise really since that was my first impression of you when I read your other post about pet peeves. Why don't you do something constructive/positive with the forum like trying to find the owner of the bar/lines.
Hey teacher in your early 50's did you find a worm in your apple?...TOOL was an awesome :thumb: Los Angeles rock band in the 90's..no need for an additional bar (Best 2008) thank you....got a bar/lines for all my new kites and there is no ON-OFF-ON-OFF business...you failed with your first impression...you deserve an "F"..the owner of forgotten bar/lines has been located already and he is VERY thankful.. :D.. He now wants to LEARN my technique of packing bar/lines with kite :bye:

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby TommyDuotone » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:02 pm

@ Supaez: What did you expect when you start a post about your pet peeves(below). Then, you go on and on with your ridiculous analogies of why you should keep your lines on your kite on another post. It seems like you are only happy when people do things just like you. Is it that big of a deal? I mean really. Finally, if you are going to take the time to dig into my profile to find something(anything) to help with one of your stupid anologies, at least get your facts straight. I think my first impression of you was pretty much spot on. Now, go ahead and give me another "F." :thumb:

Post subject: Supaez's Kiting Pet Peeves.....

When someone ask me if i need help to launch......when someone ask me if i need help to land...kiteboarders who must use heel bungees...twin tippers riding in the ocean when waves are really good..people who only own one kite "yet take the lines off kite" when packing down and "put them back on" at next session...those who do not protect their eyes from "uv rays" while kiting...kitesurfers who say "i always ride strapless" in waves and if i feel like jumping i'll just pull out my twin tip....after riding for 3hrs in 25 knots you come in because the wind dropped to 12 and someone on the beach ask you "too windy for you ?" and can you rent those?? ...newbies or show-offs running and "jumping with kite" on a crowded beach

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby airsurfer » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:47 pm

unless you're def riding the same kite the next day pack it away detach the lines and rinse the bar it will probably last longer. That said if you ride everyday and you only use one kite then keep it attached until something breaks. If you left the bar on the beach (most of us probably have at some point) hopefully it was because you rode until dark or had an epic session and running on adrenaline and not something else. One of the few valid reasons for me to leave lines attached is when drift launching from a boat.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:23 am

Is there any other way?

Return to “Kitesurfing”