Lee Point
Buffallo Creek
Favorite Beaches: Old Woman Rock, Darwin
Oka Point, Sanuar, Bali
Phan Rang, Vietnam
Cemetary's, Mui Ne, Vietnam
Point Moore, Hells Gates, Geraldton, Western Australia
Rapid Creek, Darwin, Australia
Lee Point, Darwin, Australia (my local spot)
Nugas/Lakey Peak, Sumbawa
Marion Bay, Tasmania
Long Beach, Robe, South Australia
Style: Foil/Wave/Freeride
Gear: Duotone 13m Juice 2020
Duotone Neo 9m
North Rebel 2014 7m
Duotone Pace 4'10 Foilboard with Carve 950 + GT 90cm mast
North Nugget 5'3" Surfboard
Cyclone Surfboard 6'0"
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best: Light wind weapons and war paint

Postby Puetz » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:20 am

OzBungy wrote:The free ride race board has to be the next big thing, on a par with chicken loops, bow kites and the invention of the TT. The Airush Sector 60 is the funnest board I have used.

The Kialoa needs a full deck pad in the rear part of the board. It is necessary to trim your back foot for carving, riding toeside and jamming up wind. Having that bare patch between the front and back pads is a huge mistake. That is exactly where your back foot needs to go most of the time.

I can't imagine needing to have 2 straps at the back. My back foot is usually way forward and anywhere I want it to be. It is usually only in the back strap if I am blasting downwind or doing speed runs in chop.

I guess you could run a single strap on the back of the Kialoa and offset it to the leeward side. That would make it easier to ride toeside in the strap.

It's interesting they give the Kialoa a low rating for use in the surf. The Sector 60 rocks in small surf and large bay wind swells. It literally runs rings around a surf board. That's a bit reason why it's so much fun. I am hoping they didn't test the Kialoa much in the surf and that it is actually good fun there too.
... I totally agree!

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Best: Light wind weapons and war paint

Postby Dr_Rosen » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 am

Intesting you only discuss Kiaola vs Sector. The Sector is not the only board like this out there. In fact RRD's K-Free is probably minimum as good as the Sector. Probably better. Build to last in the Cobra factory and winner of numerous slalom events.

http://vimeo.com/37939744

Return to “Kitesurfing”