Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F-one Bandit 5 for unhooked/freestyle ?

Forum for kitesurfers
Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

F-one Bandit 5 for unhooked/freestyle ?

Postby Dr_Rosen » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:37 pm

No doubt it is a great kite and great for boosting etc.
But does any normal level riders have experience with it for unhooked freestyle on basic level? Raley2Blind, S2Blind, Back2blind, uh kiteloops etc ?

undertow
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hood River / Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Hood River / Oregon Coast, South Padre Island, Texas Corpus Christi TX.
Style: Freeride / Freestyle / Waves / Strapless
Gear: Ocean Rodeo
F- One
Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: F-one Bandit 5 for unhooked/freestyle ?

Postby undertow » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:26 pm

I have had a 7m Bandit 5, I have done some raleys on it. I am starting to land 50% of my raleys , the only thing that I notice that compared to my Bandit 4 (12), and Bandit 3 (9) it turns a lot quicker and seems to turn more while doing unhooked stuff, providing for some unintended unhooked boosts. :-?

marinjo
Rare Poster
Style: I won to begin

Postby marinjo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:37 pm

But you have freestyle mode to trim kite,where he is much slower..I am also interesting in this question, but except bandits5(12/9) I am interesting and for north evo(13/9) ..which kite of this two is better for freestyle and unhooked tricks? Tnx...

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:50 pm

The Bandit 4 (haven´t tried the 5) is much better than the Evo on freestyle and unhooked - no doubt ;) The Evo isn´t particular good at unhooked stuff, but the Bandit has more unhooked stability in my opinion. The 4 is much better unhooked then the earlier models as well be course of the chopped wingtips. It not my favorite but a good kite.

Uwe Schröder
Medium Poster
Local Beach: the World
Favorite Beaches: Dito
Style: All
Gear: Everything and TWO.AG Boards
Brand Affiliation: TWO.AG

Postby Uwe Schröder » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:56 pm

Here is a Test from the Bandit5 where you can see some details. Sorry is in German language

http://gleiten.tv/index.php/video/actio ... deoId/228/

Regards Uwe

dG
Rare Poster

Postby dG » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:23 pm

I don't normally ride it but I had a play on one a few weeks ago. It's a great all round kite. The bar pressure was lighter than I'm used to though and it was sometimes hard to be 100% exactly where the kite was when doing unhooked rotations. Also, you don't get the same slack in the lines (which makes it easier to make your passes) after your pop as you get from a C kite (or a more C influenced kite) but imho it's up there if we're talking about all-round kites. If you want more slack in the lines and a bit more bar pressure you might like to look at the RPM or the Hadlow ID but it's really a case of personal tastes... the best solution is to try and get a demo on as many kites as you can so you can decide what suits you best.

Return to “Kitesurfing”