Style: freeride
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

north combi bag 2012 or north quiver bag 2012

Postby dimitri12 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi,

I want to purchase a travel bag and I am debating between this two bags. I see that the quiver bag is more expensive than the combi bag. What I am looking is the bag that offers more protection for traveling I don't really need the wet compartment is more on protection what I am looking for. I appreciate the feedback from north travel bag owners. thanks.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: north combi bag 2012 or north quiver bag 2012

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:52 am

I've got what appears to be a Quiver bag - got it in 2010 in Thailand so it's different colours ... black and white.

The bottom half on the back where the wheels are has a plastic 'shield' and skids so you can slide it down stairs. There's padding in the bag on the bottom but it's pretty light - there's also a removable padding layer you can put between boards.
The bag material itself (assuming it hasn't changed) is pretty rugged, like a good hiking pack.

I didn't think I'd need the 'wet compartment' either ... again, if it's the same, it's a little box bag that velcro's in place but it's bloody handy for keeping bits'n'pieces in. And you can fit wetsuit/harness/gloves/boots in there too.

Mine splits in half, with a board compartment and a kite compartment. I got a 160cm bag and it's got a heap of space ... I took mine to NZ these Xmas hols and loaded it with ...
16m &13m Crossbow + bar/pump
harness, wetsuit etc
170x50 Flydoor and 139x42 Flyradical
Took the kites out of their bags and folded them so they fit long-ways and I removed the fins from the boards (but left the pads on) on the way home, and still didn't reach the capacity of the bag :o it's huge!

All that weighed 31kg and we just paid the US$100 for excess luggage on Korean Air. They won't take over 32kg but I think I could have gotten another couple of kites and another board in there before it was packed full!

No damaged to any of the gear so it must work :) good bag, I like it. I have a smaller Naish 'golf' bag too ...

emilian
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lago Barreales
Style: freestyle - waves
Gear: North Vegas kites 12 mts - 9 mts - 7 mts
Has thanked: 0

Postby emilian » Mon May 14, 2012 2:05 am

Are you saying that you can fit a 1,70 mts board in that bag?

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Mon May 14, 2012 4:51 am

Yep. Flydoor XL 170x50. It's an easy fit. That bag though was probably a 2010 or 09 ...

jedi1
Frequent Poster

Postby jedi1 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 am

I have a 2012 Combi Bag 150. Very nice bag, fits all my stuff in easily (3 kites, 140 board, bindings, harness...). As for protection, I am not sure what you are looking for. It is very well built, but it is made to be light, so there are not plastic reinforcements. I wouldn't be too worried about gear inside though.

luke-warmwater
Medium Poster

Postby luke-warmwater » Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 am

I have a North 135 combi bag and I'll start by saying that I really like it. Its light and well made and a manageable size. But in my opinion, it isnt a bag that gives lots of protection. Although the material is strong, there little or no padding. If travelling light is your aim, then this bag is a good solution. If you want a high level of protection, buy a Pat Love bag which is easily the strongest and best constructed bag I've used and has loads of padding.

Return to “Kitesurfing”