Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Zeeko ultimate bar no clamcleat no depower straps?

Forum for kitesurfers
KitesurferRO
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: worldwide
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Zeeko ultimate bar no clamcleat no depower straps?

Postby KitesurferRO » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:22 pm

Concerning the kit, just ask the shop that delivered your bar.
I'm riding a bar without the kit for 1,5 year now and haven't experienced any problems, so it will not happen at any bar.
More about the kit: http://zeeko-kites.forumactif.com/t807- ... gueurs-uds
I've been riding the bar since it came out and never had a problem.
For peace of mind, ask your Zeeko representative for the free kit!
If you are in USA e-mail: info@kitesurferstore.com
http://www.kitesurferstore.com/ZeekoKites.html

Here's a small video with the kit installation:

Best,
KitesurferRO

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomatkins » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:56 pm

Why did Zeeko stop using this type of powerline adjustment system, after only 2 years of production?

It looks like they went to a conventional "above the bar cleat and pully system".

http://zeeko-kites.com/gb/42-bars

After using my rendition of the adjustment system, I have made only one change... I got rid of the "Prussic knot double Ball" adjustment device and settled on adjusting the power and depower actions, by just reaching up and pulling on one line or the other... I marked the depower line with black stripes to make it easier to distinquish. The "Prussic knot double Ball" worked good for a couple of years... until the rope got frayed, and then, the Prussic knots did not slide easily over the frayed areas... I don't really miss them.

What was the main reason that this system is no longer offered?

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby DrLightWind » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:02 am

tomatkins wrote:Why did Zeeko stop using this type of powerline adjustment system, after only 2 years of production?

I'd like to know it also since I have that system :?:

DrLW

KitesurferRO
Frequent Poster

Postby KitesurferRO » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:11 pm

The new improved Zeeko UDS bar will be available by the end of the year!

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomatkins » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:16 pm

KitesurferRO wrote:The new improved Zeeko UDS bar will be available by the end of the year!
What does the acronym "UDS" stand for? Is it "ultimate depower system"?

Also, how is it different from the other conventional bars and how does it work?

KitesurferRO
Frequent Poster

Postby KitesurferRO » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Yes, stands for Ultimate Depower System.
This bar brought the concept of controlling your kite without the need for a clamcleat or depower straps.
No more cleats that become jammed with sand or corrosion, no more hanging depower straps, rider comfort by keeping it simple. Easy to replace parts on it when needed, it works with almost all the kites on the market and it can be adjusted to the rider arms length on the go.

Have a look at the official video:

I presume you've read Nico's reply on this bar back in 2012:

Dear All,
firstly I would like to thank you for your interest about our new Ultimate bar.
The bar was tested during months and I hope all of you will have a ride with.

I'll try to reply to all your questions.
Firstly we develop this system to suit all styles of rides.
The concept is very simple, we have one pulley on the top (the load is minimal on it due to the depower design, no need of very strenght piece, when you have a total of 200Kg load, on the pulley is only 100Kg. It is made to resist at 300Kg.) and a Stopper whichhave 3 functions:
- Stopper fonction: Plastic Stopper
- Depower fonction: Red Handle
- Power fonction: Black Handle
The colors are dedicated following what you can find on the market: depower= red Handle; power = Black handle, as we did before and other brands too.

What are the advantages:
- The trimming device can be moved where you want. There is no problem anymore for the short arms riders to grab the depower/power device. You choose yoursel where you want it. If you want to untwist lines during a kiteloop, just move it closer to the chicken loop to keep the power of the kite.
- Powered or depowered: all the lines are always stretched. The depower line design makes the system very clean and avoid any dangling
- You choose your depower length and the power management. This system is in the same vein than the 2011 bar we introduced with the trimmable depower line length. But with the ultimate bar, we made a step forward, making this trimming quicker and easier thanks to the stopper.

The stopper is the key of the system and the strenght of the stopper is trimmable adding or not the H-Stopper (there is a video to add the H-Stopper). When you pull one of the handles to have more or less power, it moves the stopper closer to the chicken loop. During ride, usually you just move it by some centimeters. To move it back you have 2 ways: moove it by hands or just push the bar.
Without the H-Stopper, the force to moove the stopper by pushing the bar is very light. In fact if you just let go of the bar, when the bar hits the stopper it will move by some cm.
Thanks to this trimming, this is also one of the safest system. For example, when you hit a gust, what is the safest? grabbing as quick as possible a depower device or just push the bar pushing the stopper and have an extra depower ability? for me the choice is simple.
If you don't want this effect (or just have it less), add the H-Stopper. The H-Stopper makes the system a little harder to move, but you can still moove it, this is not a fixed stopper. This H-stopper is dedicated for freestylers or people who want a harder stopper and have the stopper doesn't move when you let go of the bar. But you still can move it pushing the bar with one hand.
In this way, the system makes a huge advantage compare to fixed depower line length. When you it a gust, you can have an extra depower. The depower line length is adaptative to your desires even if you desire change every second. Isn't it good? :D

about your questions: changing the depower line is very easy not need any tools, we are preparing a video to show you it.
About aging of depower line, it is same as other system with a stopper.
For the side of the handles (red or black) it changes when you use the swivel, finally like other system. The thing is: more power: black handle, less power red handle, you can grab with both hands the handle even is it is on the opposite side.

don't hesitate if you tried the system to post your review or if you have any questions

Ride easy,

Nicolas

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomatkins » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Is the "Freestyle Bar" the same as the "UDS Bar"?

Does it use the same depower system based on 2 Prussic Knots?

KitesurferRO
Frequent Poster

Postby KitesurferRO » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:45 pm

The 2014 Zeeko freestyle bar is using a short clamcleat .

Last edited by KitesurferRO on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rynhardt
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Langebaan
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cloud C2 17
Hoff Twinwave

Postby rynhardt » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:41 pm

tomatkins wrote:Why did Zeeko stop using this type of powerline adjustment system, after only 2 years of production?

It looks like they went to a conventional "above the bar cleat and pully system".

http://zeeko-kites.com/gb/42-bars

After using my rendition of the adjustment system, I have made only one change... I got rid of the "Prussic knot double Ball" adjustment device and settled on adjusting the power and depower actions, by just reaching up and pulling on one line or the other... I marked the depower line with black stripes to make it easier to distinquish. The "Prussic knot double Ball" worked good for a couple of years... until the rope got frayed, and then, the Prussic knots did not slide easily over the frayed areas... I don't really miss them.

I know this is an ancient thread, but I spent quite a bit of time with my DIY version of the zeeko powerline adjustment system the past few weeks.
My original idea was to use an on-the-bar trim toggle as described here http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2393451, but I've gotten rid of the toggle and just pull on the lines as tomatkins describes.
As such, it works really well and it remains my preferred front line trim system.

@tomatkins - curious to know if you're still using this system?

jaros
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jaros » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:19 pm

I know this is an ancient thread, but I spent quite a bit of time with my DIY version of the zeeko powerline adjustment system the past few weeks.
My original idea was to use an on-the-bar trim toggle as described here http://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2393451, but I've gotten rid of the toggle and just pull on the lines as tomatkins describes.
As such, it works really well and it remains my preferred front line trim system.
Do you have o photo of your setup to show? Which type (and thickness) of the depower line did you use? I am planning to build something like that and could use some help. Thank you!
Greetings,
Jaros

Return to “Kitesurfing”