All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 60cm bar with a takoon 12m reflex....will it work?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:51 am 
Rare Poster

60cm bar with a takoon 12m reflex....will it work?

Yesterday had a great come back session after i broke a rib 4.5 weeks ago, got a seat harness (really impressed better than my normal harness), wind was about 12 - 22 knots, on my local lake. I was having a lot of fun, did about 35 ams in total and then did some jumps towards the end of the seesion 4 hours. After a jump a line just broke! the safety line....i just pulled on the o shit handle and kite was still. I had to then drift with the kite for over 2 kms before reaching land and then walk back 4kms with my wet kite, board and bar. Totally wrecked I got back home 4 hours later! to cut along story short I dont have a bar now (it was a gaastra x bar 2012) untill i get it mended or mend it under warrantee ......my only other bar is a 60 cm slingshot bar from my slingshot rev 2009 15m kite, would this bar work with my takoon 12m reflex due to how long it is, or should i just wait until the gaastra is up and running again (really wanted to go out on sunday again if possible)

has anyone had experience with using a 60 cm bar with 12m or 9m kites?

Thanks

Dazarter

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: 60cm bar with a takoon 12m reflex....will it work?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:28 pm 
Medium Poster

You will be fine i ride a 55cm on my 11 and 9. The kite may be a little faster thats why I do it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:55 pm 
Rare Poster

As long as lines on the bar have equal length you should not have any problems.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:12 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

it will work fine, one thing to be aware of is that the kite may not be designed in a way that it works well with a huge bar like that. ive flown a kite that worked fine with a large bar when i forgot my small one, but it would sometimes stall slightly for some reason, like it couldn't fly fast enough to keep up with the turning or something. not a big deal, just something to be aware of that might happen

[ 4 posts ]