Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flexifoil Hadlow ID

Forum for kitesurfers
pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites:
- 2010 RRD Obsession 10.5m
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow ID 12m
Boards:
- 2009 RRD Placebo (133x40cm)
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow MK2 (134cm)
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flexifoil Hadlow ID

Postby pwnd550 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:15 pm

2extremes wrote:I had a go on the 12 when it came out, You definitely can unhook on this kite!
the lines on the bar are short so it may take a while to get used to, straight out the bag you may find the back lines to long once you have the kite set up nicely it shouldn't stall.

Boosts big and loads of hangtime it's an impressive little kite just wan't for me coming off the hadlows
Dr_Rosen wrote:I have tried the ID several times. It is really nice and definately very suited for unhooking !
Good power too. The barpressure is a bit high but with the Flexi bar you ride with arms pretty straight so no problem really.
I have also tried Vegas several times and will not say it is better suited for uh at all.
That's just great to hear! Just brought back hope and excitement to me! Thanks guys

Rufio
Rare Poster

Postby Rufio » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:45 am

if the kite is dropping out of the sky (hindenburg) after a sent jump then you are not timing the jump correctly. All kites use different techniques to fly/jump. My ozone c4's will drop out of the sky if you don't get timing right. I still love them because i know how to fly them correctly. I'm sure it's just a matter of getting use to the timing/technique of the ID

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Marazion and Gwithian
Favorite Beaches: Marazion
Style: Bebinner
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Jdizzle » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:09 am

Rufio wrote:if the kite is dropping out of the sky (hindenburg) after a sent jump then you are not timing the jump correctly. All kites use different techniques to fly/jump. My ozone c4's will drop out of the sky if you don't get timing right. I still love them because i know how to fly them correctly. I'm sure it's just a matter of getting use to the timing/technique of the ID
True, the OR Razor is very much like that. I'm sure the ID will be an awesome kite once you get to know it :thumb:

dandaka
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kaliningrad, Russia
Favorite Beaches: Boracay, Philippines / Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: unhooked / newschool / wakestyle
Gear: North Vegas 12m² 2012
North Vegas 9m² 2010
North Vegas 7m² 2010
North Team Series 131cm 2011
Mystic Warrior III Len10 2012

Postby dandaka » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:48 am

> if the kite is dropping out of the sky (hindenburg) after a sent jump then you are not timing the jump correctly

I'm sure that is the reason, but Vegas just don't drop like this, no matter what you do. Also Torch was dropping out, when I tested it.

2extremes
Rare Poster

Postby 2extremes » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Think With the vegas, it likes a bit more back line tension,(not flown one since 2008 so could be wrong)
while my flexi's and naish are quite the opposite, it could just be how you are used to flying.

dandaka
Frequent Poster
North Vegas 9m² 2010
North Vegas 7m² 2010

Postby dandaka » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:54 pm

> it could just be how you are used to flying

What were my errors? How to avoid?

2extremes
Rare Poster

Postby 2extremes » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:08 pm

dandaka wrote:> it could just be how you are used to flying

What were my errors? How to avoid?
Each kite is unique the pull, power deliver through turns and the depower, some are like a switch on an off some kite feel more progressive through the de-power range like a dimmer switch. put me behind my own kites and im pretty confident going for pases loops, get me under a kite that is totally different say liquid force envy as i flew one the other day i was shit but after 20 mins n good winds was happy as anything.

So if all you have flown is the north vegas you know how it flies and could probably fly it with your eyes closed. Get on the i.d and even the smallest thing like looking at the kite when jumping can stop you from getting a good jump all cause you are not to sure how it flies in the air, also line lengths on the i.d are different think they come with 20s that will feel weird to most coming from 25s or 27s

dandaka
Frequent Poster
North Vegas 9m² 2010
North Vegas 7m² 2010

Postby dandaka » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Is that ↑ you, Captain? :)

1. What could I've done wrong?
2. How to avoid Hindenburg effect?

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites:
- 2010 RRD Obsession 10.5m
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow ID 12m
Boards:
- 2009 RRD Placebo (133x40cm)
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow MK2 (134cm)

Postby pwnd550 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:44 am

Yesterday I saw on windfinder that there was some wind (about 11 knots, gusting 14 knots) at Belmont Shore in LA, so I packed everything and drove 30 miles to be able to test the Hadlow ID 12m on a wide beach (before going right away in the water, of course), and maybe hit the water. In the end, I talked to two kiters there (there were only 3, all sitting on the beach) who said they had heard the same thing, but that apparently it was wrong since there was about 6 knots.
I still pumped it today in my backyard to see how it looks, and it was amazing. The quality of the kite seems really good, with a thick material (although it is quite thin) and protection pads on the leading edge. There are three dump valves, one at each tip, and one at the center next to the inflate valve.
I also unrolled the lines of the bar, and they are great and of good quality! One thing that bugs me a bit is that it is really hard to put everything back in its original place in the secondary release (on the handlepass leash) (you have to pass a knot between another, then pass a pick in those two knots, something which seems really hard to do in the water if it is pulled accidentally). The grip on the bar might seem a bit too hard, but I did not try it yet so I don't know).
Another small thing that bugs me is that I cannot find a instruction manual for the bar or the kite (I saw on some brochure that an instruction manual is supposed to be in the bag). There is no manual for the ID on the Flexifoil website or for the ID bar, but their bars are pretty similar to each other, so it should be mostly the same.

I'm writing this reviews (even though, again, I did not try the kite yet) because I found it really hard to obtain information about this kite and what came along with it in the bag, and many reviews seem biased or not honest (meaning that the guys who wrote it had a relation with the brand).

Please guys, if you have any information you can add or share about this kite in the air or on the ground, please comment, since it would be really helpful!

dandaka
Frequent Poster
North Vegas 9m² 2010
North Vegas 7m² 2010

Postby dandaka » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 am

I want to note, that lines of ID looks like very good quality. Looks durable forever, they covered with some kind of plastic. (North lines are easy to wear off)

Return to “Kitesurfing”