Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flying a naish torch on 2010 North 5th element? Any issues?

Forum for kitesurfers
oshaugho
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flying a naish torch on 2010 North 5th element? Any issues?

Postby oshaugho » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi folks,

Looking for advise from anyone who has experience flying naish torches on a north 5th element bar.

Have a quiver of evos that I fly on north 5th element bars. Fly on 5 line as I often kite alone and require the absolute safety of a 5th line. Looking to get back into c kites again after many years away and have found a good deal on a 2011 Naish torch 12m. Will it be ok to fly this on a north bar? I know that the setup is similar with the high y frontline split but are there any trimming or preformance issues?

Also have read of problems with the 2011 torch being a bit unstable in comparasion to previous years. Any torch flyers comment on this?

Appreciate any advise.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Flying a naish torch on 2010 North 5th element? Any issu

Postby JGTR » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Yeah it doesn't work!

Well it does kinda, kite will fly but not like it should. I've been flying Torches since 2007 and have mix of 2007/8/9 & on advice of shop brought a Trust 5th Element bar to replace worn out Shift. Kites flew like bags of poo - turning sluggish and unstable/jellyfishing. I tried every adjustment even making my own adjustments and kites just wouldn't fly right. Spoke to another shop who said Y split is in wrong place (which I kinda guessed anyway) so I brought a new Shift bar and kites flew perfect again :thumb:

Like I say, kites will fly ok ish but not like Torches should. As I ride Torches I could tell straight away but if you've never flown a Torch you may think its ok????

I haven't flown 2011/2012 Torches but I wouldn't buy one based on the reviews I've read :(

oshaugho

Postby oshaugho » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Cheers dude. Do you know off hand if the y split on the north bar is higher or lower than the shift bar?
Anyone else have the same experience?

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Not sure sorry mate

oshaugho

Postby oshaugho » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 pm

Also read mixed reviews on the 2011 torchs. Problems with trimming and backstalling but then again have read excellent reviews.
Anyone flown both 12m 2011 torchs and vegas? Wondering specifically about low end and bar pressure. Any major differences?

Return to “Kitesurfing”