Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kiteboardingasia (KBA) sells defect kites, don't ever bu

Postby stig31 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Just make sure it has a serial number lol
15 pages of bollocks
Why would you sell a kite with no serial number ? KBA
Why would you buy a kite with no serial number ? Idiot
I can't believe its taken 15 pages to work out KBA, shady company.
And the bloke was an Idiot for purchasing a kite with no serial number

kiwimike
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pattaya
Favorite Beaches: surfersparadise
Style: all
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiwimike » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:48 am

our centers run independently. feel free to visit my shop, all merchandise in my shop is complete with serial numbers purchased from the official distributor. please note that i do not sell north kites as i have seen too may problems with the valves and one pump systems. the last north kiter on my beach gave up last year and bought an airush. please do not take this as north bashing as i like the rebel and it is an excellent beginner intermediate kite but there are problems with these kites in warm climates. anyway eran is not breaking any laws selling north kites, it is his choice to conduct his business within legal limits how he sees fit. in the end it is the customers who will decide it it is the correct or incorrect way by supporting him or his competition. from my experience eran provides very good customer service and i am sure he would warantee any kite that had a valid problem.
thats all i have to say in this forum. if anyone has anything else they want to know please pm me.
dandaka wrote:kiwimike, my real name is known to KBA's owners. Nevertheless, we have no explanation about grey imports without SNs. Maybe you will give us some inside?

tautologies, since there are some happy customers, such stories don't matter for KBA and its employees.

dandaka
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kaliningrad, Russia
Favorite Beaches: Boracay, Philippines / Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: unhooked / newschool / wakestyle
Gear: North Vegas 12m² 2012
North Vegas 9m² 2010
North Vegas 7m² 2010
North Team Series 131cm 2011
Mystic Warrior III Len10 2012

Postby dandaka » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 am

kiwimike wrote:i am sure he would warantee any kite that had a valid problem
Don't you feel strange, when shop don't replace, when producer (North) does? Do you think, that there was no valid problem and North replaced my kite just to get Eran reputation down?

Sure its his choice, but please make it clean on KBA website — you're selling kites without SN, grey imported or B-grade. It is the only way for "customer to decide", because if you don't give this information, you're scamming your customers.

I'm not sure about Thai laws, but in normal countries, if seller not discloses all information about product he sells, it is violation of law.

stig31, do you have SN on your iPhone/iPad/TV/laptop? Do you check it before you buy?

Puetz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Casuarina Beach
Rapic Creek
Lee Point
Buffallo Creek
Favorite Beaches: Old Woman Rock, Darwin
Oka Point, Sanuar, Bali
Phan Rang, Vietnam
Cemetary's, Mui Ne, Vietnam
Point Moore, Hells Gates, Geraldton, Western Australia
Rapid Creek, Darwin, Australia
Lee Point, Darwin, Australia (my local spot)
Nugas/Lakey Peak, Sumbawa
Marion Bay, Tasmania
Long Beach, Robe, South Australia
Style: Foil/Wave/Freeride
Gear: Duotone 13m Juice 2020
Duotone Neo 9m
North Rebel 2014 7m
Duotone Pace 4'10 Foilboard with Carve 950 + GT 90cm mast
North Nugget 5'3" Surfboard
Cyclone Surfboard 6'0"

Postby Puetz » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:06 am

kiwimike wrote:our centers run independently. feel free to visit my shop, all merchandise in my shop is complete with serial numbers purchased from the official distributor. please note that i do not sell north kites as i have seen too may problems with the valves and one pump systems. the last north kiter on my beach gave up last year and bought an airush. please do not take this as north bashing as i like the rebel and it is an excellent beginner intermediate kite but there are problems with these kites in warm climates. anyway eran is not breaking any laws selling north kites, it is his choice to conduct his business within legal limits how he sees fit. in the end it is the customers who will decide it it is the correct or incorrect way by supporting him or his competition. from my experience eran provides very good customer service and i am sure he would warantee any kite that had a valid problem.
thats all i have to say in this forum. if anyone has anything else they want to know please pm me.
dandaka wrote:kiwimike, my real name is known to KBA's owners. Nevertheless, we have no explanation about grey imports without SNs. Maybe you will give us some inside?

tautologies, since there are some happy customers, such stories don't matter for KBA and its employees.
... where is your shop?

kiwimike
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pattaya
Favorite Beaches: surfersparadise
Style: all
Gear: cabrinha

Postby kiwimike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:10 am

please note if anyone has anything they want to discuss with me they need to send me a personal message. i am not going to post on this topic again. it is pointless and counter productive.

one last thing to say in public on this matter. i have had kite schools for 6 years and i know there is no such thing as copy or seconds kites being sold. it is impossible to make copy kites for cheap prices. no kite company in their right mind would sell second kites and destroy their own brand. it is pointless to keep talking about this.

anyone wanting to come to see me in my shop simply needs to look up the KBA website and click on the pattaya page. i am easy to find.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:09 am

Kiwi: great that you clarify the distinction between shops. Most of us outside just see this wild discussion.

I'm sure unfaithful servants of a brand can sell off whit regardless of management decisions. Too bad it happens tho.

ChickenTikka
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Thailand
Bol, Croatia
Mui. Ne Vietnam
Tarifa
Leucate
Gear: Looking to change up!

Postby ChickenTikka » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:10 pm

I've met you before Mike, and you do seem like an honest guy.

I've met people that run some of the other KBA places and they don't seem quite as honest.

Unfortunately, we often get pay for our associations.

nomad
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Perth

Postby nomad » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:29 am

I will be at Hua Hin on Wednesday for 10 days.... I hope there is some wind.

Return to “Kitesurfing”