Local Beach: Almanarre
Style: Old school
Gear: Naish Torch
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kiteboardingasia (KBA) sells defect kites, don't ever bu

Postby indosafe » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Dude , KBA are NOT a north dealer , it seems you are looking after a good price for a North kite .
You get for what you pay .
It's a very interesting post , KBA and the russian dude are the same after all , both of them are looking after a good deal . :naughty:
Peace

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:36 pm

I would also say, KBA can be blamed, but why buy from a not authorized dealer? Because you saved 50 USD? Then you should also think about what you did wrong.

It is the same like saying corruption is wrong...but paying the police men 50 USD cash for a ticket, instead of 150 USD officially...

dandaka
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kaliningrad, Russia
Favorite Beaches: Boracay, Philippines / Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: unhooked / newschool / wakestyle
Gear: North Vegas 12m² 2012
North Vegas 9m² 2010
North Vegas 7m² 2010
North Team Series 131cm 2011
Mystic Warrior III Len10 2012

Postby dandaka » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Toby, many people don't know the difference between authorized dealer and KBA. Now I know, but one year ago I was looking for kite, not for authorized dealer. Many do like me.

And guys from KBA are fooling people like me. You can always say "you was too dumb and therefore easy to cheat on and therefore it is you fault", you're partly right. But let's clearly identify, what companies are scamming. KBA is one of them.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:42 pm

dandaka wrote:Toby, many people don't know the difference between authorized dealer and KBA. Now I know, but one year ago I was looking for kite, not for authorized dealer. Many do like me.

And guys from KBA are fooling people like me. You can always say "you was too dumb and therefore easy to cheat on and therefore it is you fault", you're partly right. But let's clearly identify, what companies are scamming. KBA is one of them.
No wind eh, Vlad? Is that's why you are so full of air to compensate?
You've learned your lesson from your own mistake; it's not a reason to pontificate now.
Perhaps you'd had less problems if you had decided to buy a Cabrinha, as certainly KBA would have advised you to? Perhaps you would have instead ended up with a thread here complimenting KBA's outstanding service?
You've got a new kite from North now, be happy and go riding when the wind's back.
:allbegood:
Silverfox

Belinda Endrich
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Belinda Endrich » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:47 pm

So was the serial number actually cut off the kite (ie, can you still see the place where it was originally stitched onto the kite), or did it never have a serial number tag at all.

My point is, if it didnt have a number, maybe it was just an early pre production sample, for a North dealer meeting or something, somehow got passed onto KBA.

I cant really see some factory in china going to the extent of making up print screens, buying all the cloth colours, making up moulds for bar parts etc, just to sell fake north kites, it just wouldnt be worth the trouble.

dandaka
Frequent Poster
North Vegas 9m² 2010
North Vegas 7m² 2010

Postby dandaka » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:12 pm

alexrider wrote:Perhaps you'd had less problems if you had decided to buy a Cabrinha, as certainly KBA would have advised you to?
You're very strange guy. Go buy Cabrinha yourself! :lol: :lol:
Belinda Endrich wrote:So was the serial number actually cut off the kite (ie, can you still see the place where it was originally stitched onto the kite), or did it never have a serial number tag at all.
SN was cutted off, you can see leftovers here:
sn.jpg
Belinda Endrich wrote:My point is, if it didnt have a number, maybe it was just an early pre production sample, for a North dealer meeting or something, somehow got passed onto KBA.
KBA know what are they doing exactly, just playing dumb sometimes. As you can see from North response above, they try to stop KBA from selling these kites, but can't do for reasons we can only guess.

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:34 pm

As far as I know, all kites have a serial #- the only reason it would be removed is to not be able to trace it to the dealer who sold it.
There is a bigger, more underlying problem going on in the industry- everyone is scrambling to make a buck and doesn't care WHO or HOW the kites are being sold. In my area, it's an all-out free for all to open schools, shops, and websites for anyone who has a kite, and manufacturers don't care who is selling their shit or how, as long as it sells.

There are large distributors of the brands who set up dealers, which makes it even easier to sell gear. I won't name any, but there's a few responsible ones, and a few who will sell to anyone that I know of. (I was recently turned down by one, as the non kiter below already has the area) :nono:

Our main problem retailer (Best Pro Kiteboarding Center (BPKC), sounds official enough, but in reality sells 2nd hand kites out of a van at the interstate rest area. As these kites are continuously stored in a van in the Florida sun, they have bladder issues, and the noobs are told it's the way the rolled the kite up that caused the leak. It has been going on for 5 years now, and she has been seen selling Best, Slingshot, Crazy Fly kites, and a number of board and accessory brands. I hope to see this person's suppliers step up and make it stop.
We know exactly where the gear is coming from- let's see if they do the right thing... :wink:

I would like to thank Simon from Best on his assistance in clarifying to the public that BPKC in St. Petersburg, Florida is NOT an authorized dealer of Best. He also said that Best would cover any warranty issues through an authorized deal, so props to him and Best for standing behind their product, and for not supporting dealers who risk access for everyone. They did not put profits before principles, and I hope to see others follow their lead by looking into WHO and HOW the gear is being sold locally.
Saint Petersburg, Florida is where you should start. :wink:

I hope to see others step up against problem retailers- they do nothing for access or the kiting community, and risk it all for the sake of making a buck.

-KTB
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:19 pm

dandaka: sure, not everyone knows if one is authorized or not, and about serial numbers.
So, here KBA can be blamed for sure, since I believe in fair business, and if someone sells authorized gear it is not fair to the other businesses.

Everyone can make money in a fair way, if they accept the others, and then you can also work together. Maybe say, hey try a Cabrinha before you buy your North, and if not, the North dealer is just two blocks away. That would be fair.
Something for KBA to think about, if this is correct, what they are doing! Better to be friends than enemies...

I think alexrider meant, that KBA tried to persuade you to buy a Cabrinha, since they are a authorized dealer for it?

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Toby wrote:...
I think alexrider meant, that KBA tried to persuade you to buy a Cabrinha, since they are a authorized dealer for it?
That's right, Toby. KBA is using an age old sales technique consisting in claiming they can meet and beat the price for any product on the market, and when the punter comes in the shop, he is offered the alternative and told about the advantages to buy their own product, in this case Cab or Airush. KBA doesn't push other products than their own, but never refuses to deliver to the customer who wants a particular product and nothing else.
Who can blame them? This is Asia after all, and look what is sold in night and other week-end markets and at what prices. KTampaB makes the point clearly: "everyone is scrambling to make a buck and doesn't care WHO or HOW the kites are being sold". If that's true in the US it's even more so in Asian countries.
Anyone trying to make business here with - say - German business ethics will go bust within weeks. Considering the environment, KBA is very much service oriented, and Vlad's miseries and whining are exceptions to the rule. It is quite risky for someone to engage in the blame game; they effects can turn out just the opposite of the intention; in this case Vlad clearly wanted to discredit KBA. He was not really interested in having a working kite. Did he pay attention to Billie's suggestion on how to fix the problem in his other thread on the same topic?
Before suggesting to boycott KBA ,Vlad should see how business is conducted in his own country. Or any country under the Tropics.
5555!

Question to Vlad: what's wrong with Cabs anyway? All these brands are equivalent.
You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a North and a Monkey Kite at a third of the price; they are all made in the same factories.
Vlad, you must have impaled your North somehow to make it turn badly; didn't you mention a hole?

dandaka
Frequent Poster
North Vegas 9m² 2010
North Vegas 7m² 2010

Postby dandaka » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:16 pm

alexrider wrote:In this case Vlad clearly wanted to discredit KBA.
Why should I want to discredit KBA? Because of this kite or out of other reasons?

Raam can tell you, that I was ready to buy 3 kites from him month before, calling and sending emails all day long. So was my friends, wanted 4 more. I was happy with KBA, since prices rocks and everything else suits, recommended to everyone I know.

Now I see, that since price are low, you get miserable service. Story with my kite made me little sad. Talks with North and other dealers have shown, that I was scammed. Story from another guy Tom and response from KBA just fixes this in place.

Sure I want to spread the word about this.
He was not really interested in having a working kite. Did he pay attention to Billie's suggestion on how to fix the problem in his other thread on the same topic?
Why should I ride on broken kite? Whom can I sell it? Don't be stupid.
Question to Vlad: what's wrong with Cabs anyway?
Nothing wrong, its a matter of taste. I like C-kites, because I ride unhooked. That's why I ride Vegas and happy with it.
You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a North and a Monkey Kite at a third of the price; they are all made in the same factories.
If you can't tell, it doesn't mean other people can't.
Vlad, you must have impaled your North somehow to make it turn badly; didn't you mention a hole?
You mean Drakula? :lol:

Please read the original topic. Inspection from many respectable riders and North dealer confirmed very good condition of this kite. No damage or repairs of canopy at all.

Return to “Kitesurfing”